Post whores off and running!

Honeydripper

Actually, Steve A. Jones was the top poster of yesterday and most of his posts are quite informative. You're fighting a losing battle, Honeydripper. It's not worth the trouble and you can really only be responsible for yourself. See you in the Master Forum!

I don't really have a problem with it as long as the 'post count' is in fact made up of a much higher amount of content that is actually interaction with others and informative. An endless chain of song names, or what you had for dinner is just kind of stupid in my opinion. It only clogs up the general discussion thread.

If you don't like the way things are here, it's simple...go back to the other boards you were on.

No one wants to feel insulted by you, or anyone else.

But don't you think the game threads here are just a little bit out of control? I like the way they are in a seperate sub-forum over at Planet Zeppelin. That way they don't muddy up real 'discussions' in the general discussion threads.

Don't think so, it's still there...with the title written in capitals (because Del is a capital man... :rolleyes: )

CAPITAL MAN.... I kind of like that :D

Amen, Angi!!!

I really agree with Angi here because this topic in general is meant to make people feel bad-or at least, that's the way I'm taking it.

I don't think you need to worry about being lumped in with some of the other people who post endless games even if your post count is sort of up there Manders. Heck mine is on the rise too. But I make a distinction in your posting history by the fact that you also contribute alot of good information and conversation to the threads. For example: your school and education stuff on the other board was always something I took the time to read, enjoy or even debate things over. But at least it was dialoge and interaction and not just posting over and over again the names of songs or cities in an atlas.

If people have had complaints lately about the forum (the old one) it was that most of what was going on in the general discussion threads was pointless and boring stuff from a group of people who prefer that over any real discussion.

Now who want's to buy an arguement? The first round is on me.

OK for starters....Forum" PRE and POST Led Zeppelin" ....there's a post called "What makes Robert Plant Sexy??" Someone tell me WTF that has to de with pre/post Zep. Forum should be about Yardbirds/Page sessions/Band of Joy/Plant solo/Page solo/Firm....etc...etc...

IMO Sam is in serious need of some moderators to keep this place respectable for the uber Zep enthusiast.

Oh boy! You are totally in the wrong forum. If you take your Led Zeppelin fanaticism that seriously, you should start your own website.

Chances are that you and about four others will bore each other to death the first day. My point is that even though I'm very educated about the history of the band, that variety is what makes a site enjoyable. Sam obviously knows that and chooses to allow other sections besides "the Main Forum".

Good luck to you. Now back to watching the girls here tear you to shreds!! :D

But don't you think the game threads here are just a little bit out of control? I like the way they are in a separate sub-forum over at Planet Zeppelin. That way they don't muddy up real 'discussions' in the general discussion threads.

No, I really don't think they are. As long as they stay in the proper areas, I don't see why they'd cause a problem. Just my opinion though. :)

It actually would be cool if there was a board just for the games though.

Offtopic...I just noticed there's no "Reply has been posted" anymore. I found that very useful.

Also...Del...have you noticed that when your username goes into spellcheck, that it suggests "Penile"? :hysterical:

OK for starters....Forum" PRE and POST Led Zeppelin" ....there's a post called "What makes Robert Plant Sexy??" Someone tell me WTF that has to de with pre/post Zep. Forum should be about Yardbirds/Page sessions/Band of Joy/Plant solo/Page solo/Firm....etc...etc...

IMO Sam is in serious need of some moderators to keep this place respectable for the uber Zep enthusiast.

I think someone needs a time out.

It annoys the hell out of me too. I mean - here I am, rocking like a hurricane and paying a hell of a lot for bandwith on this board and it's full of what for lack of a better word I can only describe as spam! :o What's more I've been forced to sit down on a VERY uncomfortable stool for hours and made to read entire games threads repeatedly. :angry:

It's not like I got better things to do, you understand, I don't have a life and my pets are old enough and can look after themselves, and my toilet doesn't need cleaning that badly ...anyway the garbage won't be collected before Wednesday... but it keeps me from posting. Hence my deplorably meek and paltry postcount. It's not my fault because I got many an interesting thing to say I swear!

It's THEM. They don't let me. :(

^yes, Kat. Especially since this is a world-wide board.

But even though English is my first language, I still spell things all wacko sometimes. :wacko:

Even though English is not my first language, I feel even more embarassed when I make a mistake. Because I shouldn't. It really bothers me though when I see someone criticizing people like Gio (for example).

On another note, I was listening to this wonderful OLD blues program on the radio, now instead of old 1920's blues, they're playing a fucking annoying recorded piece of dogs howling and barking. Ugh! :wacko:

That's a bit random, isn't it. :blink::lol:

If you don't like this site, you're free to find somewhere else to post.

Hey hey hey! Careful. The same thing applies to those who can't stand being criticized. You are indeed also free to leave, instead of behaving like a hurt schoolgirl. It's not like you're the queen of the board to tell others how they should behave, nor you are so great to feel sorry for everyone who doesn't like your style.

Even though English is not my first language, I feel even more embarassed when I make a mistake. Because I shouldn't. It really bothers me though when I see someone criticizing people like Gio (for example).

That's a bit random, isn't it. :blink::lol:

The dogs barking got so bad that I had to unfold my legs, put my computer on the coffee table and RUN across the living room and turn the radio off!

I thought it was ending, then it would come back 1,000 times worse than previously! :wacko: I don't know WTF they had on that station. Ugh.

It annoys the hell out of me too. I mean - here I am, rocking like a hurricane and paying a hell of a lot for bandwith on this board and it's full of what for lack of a better word I can only describe as spam! :o What's more I've been forced to sit down on a VERY uncomfortable stool for hours and made to read entire games threads repeatedly. :angry:

It's not like I got better things to do, you understand, I don't have a life and my pets are old enough and can look after themselves, and my toilet doesn't need cleaning that badly ...anyway the garbage won't be collected before Wednesday... but it keeps me from posting. Hence my deplorably meek and paltry postcount. It's not my fault because I got many an interesting thing to say I swear!

It's THEM. They don't let me. :(

I saddly made the mistake of laughing as a paultry newbie and now I don't know how to turn off this gawd forsaken post it just keep coming and coming and dare I say coming to my inbox I can see by your post you have a life ...............but tell me how to turn this thing off ? :huh:

I saddly made the mistake of laughing as a paultry newbie and now I don't know how to turn off this gawd forsaken post it just keep coming and coming and dare I say coming to my inbox I can see by your post you have a life ...............but tell me how to turn this thing off ? :huh:

Hit it with a hammer...then run like hell.

Make sure to grab some of our complementary picture post cards on your way out.

Thanks for calling. :)

Hit it with a hammer...then run like hell.

Make sure to grab some of our complementary picture post cards on your way out.

Thanks for calling. :)

Or read the directions......................

You can unsubscribe at any time by logging into your control panel and

clicking on the "View Topics" link.

Or read the directions......................

You can unsubscribe at any time by logging into your control panel and

clicking on the "View Topics" link.

And not be upset about things? :o

Thank you very much but where's the fun in that? It's our passions which distinguish us from the common vegetable. Ever seen a carrot getting all worked up over the latest edition of the NME? Have you? My point exactly. Let us rant and rave I say. It's human. It's democratic. It's anti-communist. It's the American way. :D

And not be upset about things? :o

Thank you very much but where's the fun in that? It's our passions which distinguish us from the common vegetable. Ever seen a carrot getting all worked up over the latest edition of the NME? Have you? My point exactly. Let us rant and rave I say. It's human. It's democratic. It's anti-communist. It's the American way. :D

I think it's the way some people distinguish themselves as little more than a vegetable, but who am I to say :blink::blink:

Rolls>>> :wacko:

Offtopic...I just noticed there's no "Reply has been posted" anymore. I found that very useful.

Offtopic reply......I liked that feature too and also they took out the warning if someone has posted the same time as you. I liked that too.

I think it's the way some people distinguish themselves as little more than a vegetable, but who am I to say :blink::blink:

Rolls>>> :wacko:

Truth is that this thread wouldn't have gone to 7 pages if people didn't love a little row. Throwing toys out of prams. Getting upset about nothing in particular (can you type "of nothing in particular" and not hear Morrissey singing "How soon is now" in your mind? ). It's entertainment and that's all. Hopefully nobody will get hurt.

"There's no secret handshake. There's an IQ prerequisite, but there's no secret handshake."

Truth is that this thread wouldn't have gone to 7 pages if people didn't love a little row. Throwing toys out of prams. Getting upset about nothing in particular (can you type "of nothing in particular" and not hear Morrissey singing "How soon is now" in your mind? ). It's entertainment and that's all. Hopefully nobody will get hurt.

"There's no secret handshake. There's an IQ prerequisite, but there's no secret handshake."

I am aware of it, all is well, no worries :blink::blink: I have seen some huge flame wars...over little more than nothing....again no worries.

Rolls >>> :wacko:

Archived