Tea For One Live Performance

Munoz

I tried to search the forum, but I didn't get any hits searching for the words Tea For One, since they are shorter than 4 letters, apparently, and I can't be assed searching 20 pages. Anyway, I'm looking for information on live performances of this song. Share all the information you have (Dates, Locations ETC). Feel free to share your opinion of the song, too!

You wouldn't happen to know if any recordings exist? Are they any good? It's one of my favourites too, that's why I asked you people to share your opinion. Plant's sining is great on this one

The few from Japan do. Just look for Page/Plant in Japan in 98 and you'll find one.

You wouldn't happen to know if any recordings exist? Are they any good? It's one of my favourites too, that's why I asked you people to share your opinion. Plant's sining is great on this one

Page/Plant performed 'Tea For One' four times on the Japanese leg of their 1995-96 World Tour. I've got the complete Japanese tour recordings in my archive as well as

dvds of each of the four shows which featured Tea For One:

Feb 8th 1996 Tokyo, Japan - Budokan Hall

1. Egyptian Intro 2. Celebration Day 3. Bring It On Home 4. Heartbreaker 5. What Is And What Should Never Be 6. The Rain Song 7. Hurdy Gurdy solo 8. When The Levee Breaks 9. Gallows Pole 10. Tea For One 11. The Song Remains The Same 12. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You 13. Whole Lotta Love/Down By The Seaside/Break on Through/Dazed And Confused 14. Yallah 15. Four Sticks 16. In The Evening 17. Kashmir 18. Custard Pie/Improvisation 19. Black Dog 20. Rock And Roll

Feb 9th 1996 Tokyo, Japan - Budokan Hall

1. The Rain Song 2. No Quarter 3. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You 4. Immigrant Song intro/The Wanton Song 5. Heartbreaker 6. Ramble On 7. Hurdy Gurdy solo 8. Gallows Pole 9. Whole Lotta Love/Spoonful/Break On Through/I Wanna Take You Higher/Dazed And Confused 10. Tea For One 11. Dancing Days 12. Yallah 13. Four Sticks 14. In The Evening 15. Kashmir 16. Black Dog /In My Time of Dying 17. Rock And Roll

Feb 12th 1996 Tokyo, Japan - Budokan Hall

1 Immigrant Song Intro/The Wanton Song 2. Bring It On Home 3. Heartbreaker 4. Ramble On 5. No Quarter 6. Hurdy Gurdy solo 7. Gallows Pole 8. Tea For One 9. The Song Remains The Same 10. Going To California 11. That's The Way 12. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You 13. Whole Lotta Love/Bring It On Home/ Break on Through/Dazed And Confused 14. Yallah 15. Four Sticks 16. Kashmir 17. Custard Pie 18. Rock And Roll

Feb 15th 1996 Osaka, Japan - Castle Hall

1. Egyptian Intro 2. Custard Pie 3. Bring It On Home 4. Heartbreaker 5. What Is And What Should Never Be 6. Hurdy Gurdy solo 7. Gallows Pole 8. Wonderful One 9. Going To California 10. Ten Years Gone 11. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You 12. Whole Lotta Love/Break On Through/Dazed and Confused 13. Tea For One 14. Friends 15. Yallah 16. Four Sticks 17. Kashmir 18. Black Dog 19. Rock And Roll

Thanks! I guess it is safe to say one can always count on SteveAJones' knowledge :P

I do what I can in the time I've been given.

when this you see, remember me

and bear me in your mind

let all the world say what they may

speak of me as you find

--Brian Jones of The Rolling Stones

Page & Plant played Since I've Been Loving You / Tea For One at Poole Arts Centre on July 16th 1995.

This is my home town, so it was good to get home from a gig in a few minutes (rather than a few hours, like all the other shows I saw on the tour). :D

Page & Plant played Since I've Been Loving You / Tea For One at Poole Arts Centre on July 16th 1995.

Indeed! This was the only '95 UK tour date I was unable to attend. I do have an audience recording of this show that is quite good:

July 16th 1995 Poole, England - Poole Arts Centre

1. Egyptian Intro 2. Thank You 3. Bring It On Home 4. Whole Lotta Love 5. No Quarter 6. Gallows Pole 7. Hurdy Gurdy solo 8. Yallah 9. Since I've Been Loving You/Tea For One 10. The Song Remains The Same 11. Dancing Days 12. Four Sticks 13. Kashmir 14. Black Dog 15. In The Evening/Carouselambra

One of the performances at Budokan Hall (forgot what night it was, but it's on Stage 6) was pretty funny, as they really screwed up the intro and had to start the whole song over. Anybody know which night it was?

"This is the rehearsal!" - Plant

One of the performances at Budokan Hall (forgot what night it was, but it's on Stage 6) was pretty funny, as they really screwed up the intro and had to start the whole song over. Anybody know which night it was?

"This is the rehearsal!" - Plant

Going from memory it was the first attempt on Feb 8th. It got progessively smoother

over the next three shows.

My favourite LZ song has changed over the years but TFO held the honour for a while.

It's a similar slow blues to SIBLY and I guess that's the reason they never played it live. As Mr Plant said at The O2 there are some songs they just have to play and SIBLY would be one of them.

Page/Plant performed 'Tea For One' four times on the Japanese leg of their 1995-96 World Tour.

What a beautiful song. They also played it on February 13 at the Budokan, Tokyo.

I uploaded the whole clip (from yet another wonderful 3d eye dvd) at the following adress : http://www.dailymotion.com/JoeCh1p/video/7589311

My favourite version ever was played 2 days later in Osaka. It almost brings me to tears everytime I listen to it.

They also played it on February 13 at the Budokan, Tokyo.

February 13, 1996 Tokyo, Japan - Budokan Hall

1. Thank You 2. Custard Pie 3. Black Dog 4. Tangerine 5. Hurdy Gurdy solo 6. Tea For One 7. The Song Remains The Same 8. Going To California 9. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You 10. Whole Lotta Love/King Bee/Break On Through/Dazed And Confused 11. Friends 12. Yallah 13. Four Sticks 14. Kashmir 15. What Is And What Should Never Be 16. Rock And Roll

Thanks, Joe! Not sure how I missed this the first time; I think my eyes are burning out.

February 13, 1996 Tokyo, Japan - Budokan Hall

1. Thank You 2. Custard Pie 3. Black Dog 4. Tangerine 5. Hurdy Gurdy solo 6. Tea For One 7. The Song Remains The Same 8. Going To California 9. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You 10. Whole Lotta Love/King Bee/Break On Through/Dazed And Confused 11. Friends 12. Yallah 13. Four Sticks 14. Kashmir 15. What Is And What Should Never Be 16. Rock And Roll

Thanks, Joe! Not sure how I missed this the first time; I think my eyes are burning out.

Thanks to YOU Steve, for all the information you're sharing with us day after day. A pleasure to read you everytime.

Archived