Insomnia Thread

Hotplant

Hey, well it's 4AM and I cannot sleep, I gave up.

Having coffee with french vanilla creamer.

The two stray kitties are staring at me sitting here in the dark, through my porch window.

On the "other side" it's day now, so you guys are just about taking your first break..maybe... :huh:

What do you do when you can't sleep?

Hey, well it's 4AM and I cannot sleep, I gave up.

Having coffee with french vanilla creamer.

The two stray kitties are staring at me sitting here in the dark, through my porch window.

On the "other side" it's day now, so you guys are just about taking your first break..maybe... :huh:

Keep looking into this.

hypnosis.gif

I MUST GO TO SLEEP. I MUST GO TO SLEEP. I MUST Go to slee...............................

Actually it's 11.10pm Monday 25/02/08 here in Oz.

Talk to people on the other side of the planet, like I am now.

Oh Hotplant! I have been having the same problem lately! Well, last night I went to bed around 10:30 but woke up about 4 so I went back to sleep until around 7am. Yes, some nights I sleep like a baby, but lately I have only been getting about 5 hrs of sleep when my average is 7 hrs a night. It can be so frustrating! Since I am not working at the moment, I usually slip in a quick nap in the early afternoon. I don't want to sleep too much so it doesn't further affect me at night. I need to drink some chammomile tea to relax me more and sometimes I have anxiety issues too so that could be part of it.

I listen to Raising Sand. I'm always asleep before I get to Gone Gone Gone.

I don't think Robert and Alison will like to hear that.

I have no problem falling asleep initially. But I wake up too early then can't fall back to sleep. So I lay there and half-way doze..then just go ahead and get up when it gets light.

I often wonder if I'm getting much R.E.M. sleep.

I think I need to buy more of their cd's.

Great band though, really.

No, it's a good thing. I find it very relaxing and soothing. Not like I don't like it, because I love that album.

I purposely didn't put an emoticom after my statement about that.....

I wanted to see what you'd say. :P

Robert and Alison I'm sure are pleased now.

Man my sleep patterns have been so messed up lately... A few weeks ago I went to Thunder Bay and ususally stayed up until about 4 am, and I still havnt gotten back into a regular sleep scheduel. Now that my boyfriend is down visiting, it really hasnt gotten a chance to sort it's self out... and what's worse, that man can fall asleep when ever he has to! That's where he is now, in bed, friggin' sleeping. I mean, it's only 10:10 PM here, but... I need to sleep. I work tomorrow. And my internal clock or whatever just hates me. And I know I'll be up for many hours yet. Arrrrrgh.

And what do I do if I can't sleep? Listen to my Ipod for a while until I'm tired. It can take hours.

Man my sleep patterns have been so messed up lately... A few weeks ago I went to Thunder Bay and ususally stayed up until about 4 am, and I still havnt gotten back into a regular sleep scheduel. Now that my boyfriend is down visiting, it really hasnt gotten a chance to sort it's self out... and what's worse, that man can fall asleep when ever he has to! That's where he is now, in bed, friggin' sleeping. I mean, it's only 10:10 PM here, but... I need to sleep. I work tomorrow. And my internal clock or whatever just hates me. And I know I'll be up for many hours yet. Arrrrrgh.

And what do I do if I can't sleep? Listen to my Ipod for a while until I'm tired. It can take hours.

Tomorrow night, about and hour before you'd LIKE to go to bed, take some Melatonin. It is a completely natural supplement that you can get in the vitamin section of your local grocery store. It should help. It's not that expensive, either.

Archived