Insomnia Thread

Hotplant

Funny Dzldoc !!

I think I'll try that staring at the ceiling, and maybe Melatonin..as long as it's not a hormone that causes headaches.

The staring thing reminds me of the "focal point" in childbirth classes.

I'm scared of that Ambien, too many people have gone looney on it.

Crikeys woman! you would have to go & remind me of childbirth today :o Must say that those "focal point" & visualization techniques, along with acupressure, got me through the first 8 hours of labor. Which turned out to be a bad thing actually because by then it was too late to ask for an epidural and I spent the next 5 hours begging them to take my life! Obviously they ignored me, LOL. 13 years ago today my daughter entered this world at 2:28 on 2/28.....an auspcious beginning wouldn't you say? :) Hope you're catching some zzzz's and having pleasant dreams.

I take valuum which puts you to sleep in less than 40 minutes but doesnt last. Tylenol PM is pretty good for a long night sleep but might give you a "hangover". Angel., my daughter was born on Feb 27th. Turned 21 yesterday. Guess what she did? jJust beer. For now. Dinner and a Sabres game.

Cool, you had a birthday in the family too. So you mean she went out and bought beer? Not the first time she's tried it, is it? Yeah, 21 is one of the milestone birthdays, a very nice age.

And BTW, the Remeron I take puts me out like a log within 5 minutes but I thought it was "cheating" to suggest meds as a sleep aid. :P I love it though!

I have bad insomnia...all of the time. I can't remember the last time I fell asleep before 2am. It is like that every single night. So I spend my time on the net or playing video games or playing guitar. It is horrible though because my body wants to sleep, but my mind won't let it. I can't shut down.

I have bad insomnia...all of the time. I can't remember the last time I fell asleep before 2am. It is like that every single night. So I spend my time on the net or playing video games or playing guitar. It is horrible though because my body wants to sleep, but my mind won't let it. I can't shut down.

ambien.gif

Works wonders for me.

The voices even go away that keep saying....`kill her kill her kill her kill her"

[........]

It is horrible though because my body wants to sleep, but my mind won't let it. I can't shut down.

Compared to meds, alcohol or harder drugs playing guitar or building up virtual worlds are a quite harmless deflection for calming down the true reasons for an uneasy mind. But it's a flight of ourself anyway.

If sleep won't come in most cases our minds don't allow us to rest. Restless minds are signalising there is something generally wrong. Solutions are only to be found deep in ourselves. Focus yourself. Find out what's going on. What are your deepest fears? How can you leave it? And what are your most precious wishes for your life? How can you get it? What stuff moaning and groaning inside your guts should be let off for all eternety? Regular meditation is one of the key words..... (...hey Rich, you are already doing this - conscious or unintentional - if you sit on the Bronte rock enjoying the peacefull quiteness and the feeling being a part of the landscape. Of nature. Listen to the messages your soul is sending out ....!)

( :duel: Beware of becoming haunted - remember Cathy & Heathcliff! :D)

Tinkerbell

Compared to meds, alcohol or harder drugs playing guitar or building up virtual worlds are a quite harmless deflection for calming down the true reasons for an uneasy mind. But it's a flight of ourself anyway.

If sleep won't come in most cases our minds don't allow us to rest. Restless minds are signalising there is something generally wrong. Solutions are only to be found deep in ourselves. Focus yourself. Find out what's going on. What are your deepest fears? How can you leave it? And what are your most precious wishes for your life? How can you get it? What stuff moaning and groaning inside your guts should be let off for all eternety? Regular meditation is one of the key words..... (...hey Rich, you are already doing this - conscious or unintentional - if you sit on the Bronte rock enjoying the peacefull quiteness and the feeling being a part of the landscape. Of nature. Listen to the messages your soul is sending out ....!)

( :duel: Beware of becoming haunted - remember Cathy & Heathcliff! :D)

Tinkerbell

Thanks for the kind words. I suffer from very bad depression so I lie awake a lot of nights with a very restless mind. Sometimes I do turn to prescribed drugs to knock me out, but I can't depend on them. Sometimes a few whiskeys does the trick. But generally I am really active. Shame really.

And I wish I did live somewhere like the Yorkshire Dales or Lake District, I could really clear my mind in that kind of atmosphere. :thumbsup:

Any chance of a 'normal' sleeping pattern's gone out the window for me. I'm usually awake 'til about 3.30ish. I suffer from bad anxiety and depression and the medication I used to have would knock me out at 10.30pm and I'd be flat out for nearly 12 hours. When I had to come off them I just couldn't sleep before 12am as I wasn't tired enough. Slowly that changed my sleeping pattern to point where I go to bed as late as 3am and wake up as late as 1pm. And if I have to wake up earlier, I swear, I can feel pretty rotten.

Archived