Insomnia Thread

Hotplant

^ Wonder how doubleneck is?

At any rate, it's hit me again.

I've tried everything. Don't like sleeping pills either, because they feel like a hangover. And AGAIN, I'm out of good reads.

I was on a marathon rock n roll book fest last week, gobbled them up. All gone. :(

I suppose I could re-read a boring book. -_-

Hi Hotplant,

I've gone back to the beginning of this thread to see if anyone has quoted what i'm about to reveal to you, and no one has so here it is.

Get some Aromatherapy Oil of Marjoram, Place 5 Drops on a Tissue and place the Tissud inside your Pillow Case next to your Head, this should/will induce Deep, Long and Untroubled Sleep, it has worked for My Wife for many years now and everyone that i have told to do this and they actually did it have said the same thing, it Fcuking works.

Try it and get back to us, i wait in sleepy anticipationnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. :zzz:

Very Kind Regards, Danny and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend ROF ROF ROF HA HA HA

Hi Hotplant,

I've gone back to the beginning of this thread to see if anyone has quoted what i'm about to reveal to you, and no one has so here it is.

Get some Aromatherapy Oil of Marjoram, Place 5 Drops on a Tissue and place the Tissud inside your Pillow Case next to your Head, this should/will induce Deep, Long and Untroubled Sleep, it has worked for My Wife for many years now and everyone that i have told to do this and they actually did it have said the same thing, it Fcuking works.

Try it and get back to us, i wait in sleepy anticipationnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. :zzz:

So can I find this at a regular heath food store Dan? B)

I have problems sleeping too, I wake up at about 3am and don't get back to sleep until about 5:30. When that happens either I watch stuff on Utube or listen to my ipod.

I also can't go to sleep until 12:30am each night, which is one of the reasons why I'm up so late.

Yay I'm not alone!! I normally sleep about 4 hours a night. If I'm lucky. If I had internet access at night, I would definitely be on here or LotR site.

This week in health I have to start tracking my sleep patterns...

All I can think is "You're kidding me..." :huh:

I usually wake up briefly several times during the night. I fall back to sleep pretty easily, but it's still interrupted sleep. I don't know when the last time I slept through the night was; probably before my first child was born (she is 16 now).

So can I find this at a regular heath food store Dan? B)

No BLD you cant, you will need a Proper Aromatherapy Store that can supply you with First Class Essential Oils, or you can buy on line.

Marjoram (Sweet) Organic Pure Essential Oil Botanical name: Origanum marjorana

Parts used: Leaves and flower tops

Country of origin: France

Aids digestion, helps respiratory difficulties, loosens mucus, promotes menstruation, good for period pains, helps relieve anxiety and insomnia, good for muscle sprains.

Analgesic, antispasmodic, carminative, hypotensive, sedative.

Try this link, or the many others on Google, i'll put them in a Link for you.

http://stores.enhanc.../Categories.bok

http://www.youraromatherapy.co.uk/

http://www.google.co...&meta=&aq=f&oq=

Let me tell you this, when i got involved in Healing through my Ju Jitsu Teacher back in the 80s i got completely carried away with this Knowledge and brought Dozens of Different Essential Oils, dont make this mistake, buy what you need, i can give you a list of the ones that are most useful if you like but it can get very addictive indeed. i havent found one to cure my anger Problems yet, i suppose you have noticed? :lol:

Hi Hotplant,

Hmm...thanks BD, You sound like you really know your oils!

I'll scout out a place here, I'm sure there is one somewhere.

I'll give it a try. I KNOW lavender helps calm, we used to use it with our Alzheimer patients during the "sundown effect" that is real, and it did help.

Again thanks for the suggestion. :)

Hmm...thanks BD, You sound like you really know your oils!

I'll scout out a place here, I'm sure there is one somewhere.

I'll give it a try. I KNOW lavender helps calm, we used to use it with our Alzheimer patients during the "sundown effect" that is real, and it did help.

Again thanks for the suggestion. :)

Hi Hotplant,

I aint no expert, and i have no Qualifications, but everything i tell you is because i've personaly tryed it, not because i've Read or Heard about it, i will Spin You No Shit I Assure You. ;)

Lavender is a Must for Burns, apply it Straight Away to Stop the Pain and it begins the healing Process Straight Away also. I keep a Bottle in the Van, Kitchen and at our Holiday Home, in my opinion this is the Number1 Oil to have around you.

I use Patchouli Oil to Sweaten Up my Boots and Shoes, add a Little to a Small Garden Sprayer and Dilute with Surgical Spirit 100-1 for a Refreshing Tonic for you Cheesy Feet, it also takes me back to Afghan Coats, Hippies and a Lost Youth in a Better Age, hark at me? a line in a song if i ever heard one. :D

PS, anything else you want to know you only have to ask, buy please do you research properly as i have, experiment on yourself before you do it on others as i have done, it might make you wish you hadnt but its the Crack that makes you go back for more.

PPS, dont put Oil of Peppermint in to you bath, its Very Hot and it will sting your Privates for Hours afterwards, i know, i was that Idiot. :lol:

\

Talking about hot stuff!!!!! Ha Ha Ha :D

Sorry I could not help my self!!

Hi BLD,

Yea, dont try it, Cock Candy it isnt i can assure you. :lol:

If you want to Bathe in Essential Oils, i would recomend any if the Base Notes, especially Ylang Ylang, 5 drops is all you need for a wonderful relaxing time, but please do your own research before you try it, how did you get on with finding some Majoram by the way?

I was up in the night; hubby was snoring <_< I had to go downstairs and sleep on the couch. Not a very restful night.

Good morning Virginia,

that happens to me when I fall asleep with the tv on, other wise I can fall asleep on a box of rocks! :lol:

Good morning Virginia,

that happens to me when I fall asleep with the tv on, other wise I can fall asleep on a box of rocks! :lol:

He doesn't think he snores, either :lol: I *fall* asleep very easily, it's *staying* asleep that I have trouble with.

• 1 year later...

I can't sleep. I fall asleep but wake up around 3 am. That is the time my princess Pepper kitty would paw at the door to leave the bedroom and have her midnight snack. I miss her. I know I cant change what happened but I have pangs of guilt and have thoughts of what if. They won't leave my head. Hopefully time will ease those thoughts. My life patterns have to change without her but I don't want them to. If they change too much I feel like I am losing the memory of her. We put her bed away, I have picked up the bowls that she ate out of, removed the sheet from her favorite sleeping chair. I didn't want to do these things but leaving them is empty. I still look at those places and cry because I miss her. She didn't deserve to die the way she did. It was suppose to be peacefully in her sleep from here old age. Not in terror. Those bastards killed my Pepper.

I can't sleep. I fall asleep but wake up around 3 am. That is the time my princess Pepper kitty would paw at the door to leave the bedroom and have her midnight snack. I miss her. I know I cant change what happened but I have pangs of guilt and have thoughts of what if. They won't leave my head. Hopefully time will ease those thoughts. My life patterns have to change without her but I don't want them to. If they change too much I feel like I am losing the memory of her. We put her bed away, I have picked up the bowls that she ate out of, removed the sheet from her favorite sleeping chair. I didn't want to do these things but leaving them is empty. I still look at those places and cry because I miss her. She didn't deserve to die the way she did. It was suppose to be peacefully in her sleep from here old age. Not in terror. Those bastards killed my Pepper.

I hope you put a complaint in agains the assholes that let those dogs run wild. I know it wont bring your cat back but take some solice in the fact that the cat did live a long and good life. Many many cats dont live to see 16 Marge. As for the sleeping, I take Valuum. Have to.

yay yay yay

Having a fucked up 24-hour-rhythm is awesome. NOT.

Fatigue in the day, insomnia in the night ~~

But next week I'll see my doc again and hopefully finally get some sleeping pills. Fortunalety I won't have to get up early for the next five months, school ended and uni starts not until october.

My (now former) history teacher will no longer rant about me beeing all sleepy in class B)

oh, it's 0.56 currently in germany. I can't get no sleep. du du du du du du du du du du du du du ♫ *sings* :whistling:

oh, and is anybody else having thoughts running through their head like trains at night? It's a plague >_< mind, stop working please after midnight. body wants resting.

yay yay yay

Having a fucked up 24-hour-rhythm is awesome. NOT.

Fatigue in the day, insomnia in the night ~~

But next week I'll see my doc again and hopefully finally get some sleeping pills. Fortunalety I won't have to get up early for the next five months, school ended and uni starts not until october.

My (now former) history teacher will no longer rant about me beeing all sleepy in class B)

oh, it's 0.56 currently in germany. I can't get no sleep. du du du du du du du du du du du du du ♫ *sings* :whistling:

oh, and is anybody else having thoughts running through their head like trains at night? It's a plague >_< mind, stop working please after midnight. body wants resting.

One over the counter medication that will help you go to sleep is Benadryl. Used in most allergy pills you can take large doses of it safely. Valuum, a narcotic is what I use but they never give me enough. LOL> I need one and a hallf of the blues. 10 mg tabs. The yellows may work for the average person with no tolerance. Some of the new ones like Lunesta I have not tried.

One over the counter medication that will help you go to sleep is Benadryl. Used in most allergy pills you can take large doses of it safely. Valuum, a narcotic is what I use but they never give me enough. LOL> I need one and a hallf of the blues. 10 mg tabs. The yellows may work for the average person with no tolerance. Some of the new ones like Lunesta I have not tried.

Benadryl is the potion of choice for my ex. She keeps an impressive supply on hand at all times. Of course being a nurse, 2 days then 2 nights really does wreak havoc on the internal clock.

Zep has some good night time, clear your head so you can sleep arrangements that work well for me. A couple of nights ago, listening to No Quarter I was dozing off nicely, it ended...Immigrant Song was next!!!! Wide frikin awake again! Still listened to it though. Duh.

I thought of this thread night before last when I was wide awake in the middle of the night (but not quite awake enough to actually get up and log on). Darn cats <_< banging/scratching on the door and I couldn't get back to sleep. I'm chalking it up to the full moon.

I thought of this thread night before last when I was wide awake in the middle of the night (but not quite awake enough to actually get up and log on). Darn cats <_< banging/scratching on the door and I couldn't get back to sleep. I'm chalking it up to the full moon.

They can be pests in their ways. But be missed when they are not there.

I would give anything to have my kitty paw at the door and wake me up in the middle of the night again.

They can be pests in their ways. But be missed when they are not there.

I would give anything to have my kitty paw at the door and wake me up in the middle of the night again.

:( I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to be insensitive :console2:

Archived