Robert's answer to the tour question

laststand

To see/hear Robert's answer to THE QUESTION go to

bbc.co.ukhomepage You need to go to the BBC iPlayer part of the website.

He was interviewed on The One Show tonight and at the end of the programme gives the answer.

It must be the official answer!

Maybe someone else can work out how to give a direct link. Sorry I haven't got a clue how to do that.

More speculation...

A friend of mine, who is somewhat connected to the recording industry, is stating that an anonymous band has booked MSG in Fall '08 and the Staples Center in Spring '09 for something like 14 days each. Although the band, whoever they are, would never play 14 nights in a row, the idea is that a range of dates must be reserved as a block. I have no idea if this is true. My friend, however, is convinced that the band is Zeppelin based upon the timing, the length of the reservation, and the fact they can set-up shop on the east and west coasts, knowing that people will come to them. Seems like a reasonable assumption to me. Still, I know someone else who works at MSG and she hasn't heard anything except the speculation that if Zeppelin did play there, it would be the biggest event they ever hosted.

Fuel for the fire.

This is my logic - call it wishful thinking if you like;

Robert will never admit to wanting a Led Zeppelin reunion tour, nor will he comment on any possibility of there being a tour, until his commitments with Alison Krauss are completed. I think it's dumb what some people here have been saying about Krauss - I am not saying that she is keeping him from a tour. But if he were to come out now and say "yes, we are playing MSG and Staples centre for 30 days at the end of the year," it would be utter pandemonium. Every question he is asked by journalists and fans will be regarding the "Led Zep tour".

My guess would be that after the Krauss thing, they will get together to have another meeting, and collect their royalty checks, and decide whether or not to tour. Until then we won't get an answer one way or the other.

Can anyone tell me why Bon Jovi can play Giants Stadium but Led Zeppelin have to play some old small place like Madison Square Gardens? Are you people's intellect hindered because they played MSG before and did a concert film there so that means they have to play that venue again? I thought we were talking about the third best selling group in the world?

Speculation? Guys guys.. just relax we're way beyond the point of speculation...

What you're waiting for now is Affirmation. You know they're coming.

I know they're coming and the only thing that can stop it now would be his girlie talking him out of it.. or a sudden change of heart ... Sure people can change their minds and so on..

But as things go right now.. the only thing we're awaiting is the announcement and the ticket sale process.

You know this. I know this.

I'll go to MSG sure. Never been to New York City .. Might as well make my first trip although i've always been like 2 hours away lol.. for Zep. Sounds great.

Can anyone tell me why Bon Jovi can play Giants Stadium but Led Zeppelin have to play some old small place like Madison Square Gardens? Are you people's intellect hindered because they played MSG before and did a concert film there so that means they have to play that venue again? I thought we were talking about the third best selling group in the world?

Eh Zeppelin couldn't care less how many tickets they sell for the event.

You're thinking like a Ticket Master rep... Zeppelin is going to play where they want to play.

My crystal ball is cloudier than yours.

Speculation? Guys guys.. just relax we're way beyond the point of speculation...

What you're waiting for now is Affirmation. You know they're coming.

I know they're coming and the only thing that can stop it now would be his girlie talking him out of it.. or a sudden change of heart ... Sure people can change their minds and so on..

But as things go right now.. the only thing we're awaiting is the announcement and the ticket sale process.

You know this. I know this.

I'll go to MSG sure. Never been to New York City .. Might as well make my first trip although i've always been like 2 hours away lol.. for Zep. Sounds great.

I would rather see a concert at MSG than any stadium. The worst seats at an arena are better than

at least half the seats at a stadium. An arena would be a much better experience than a stadium.

Archived