The general music thread

The Bomber

Here is my list of shows

Jimmy Page/Robert Plant June 7, 1998 Kiel Center St Louis MO

Pearl Jam August 18, 2000 Deer Creek Music Center Noblesville, IN

AC/DC September 5, 2000 Kiel Center St Louis MO

CANCELED:Jimmy Page & the Black Crowes Sept 29, 2000 Deer Creek Music Center great tix

Tom Petty/Jackson Browne July 21, 2001 Verizon Wireless Noblesville, IN

TOOL Sept 8 2001 Verizon Wireless Noblesville, IN

Farm Aid Sept. 29 2001 Verizon Wireless Noblesville, IN

Black Crowes October 17 2001 The Pageant St Louis, MO

Tom Petty/Jackson Browne August 14 2002 Verizon Wireless Noblesvill, IN

TOOL August 29 2002 United Center Chicago, IL

Pearl Jam April 22 2003 Savvis Center St Louis MO

Pearl Jam June 18 2003 United Center Chicago, IL

Pearl Jam June 22, 2003 Verizon Wireless Noblesville, IN

Rush August 1 2004 HiFi Buy Amphitheatre Atlanta, GA

Pearl Jam October 5 2004 Fox Theatre St Louis, MO

Black Label Society March 19 2005 The Pop's Sauget, IL

Tom Petty/Black Crowes July 19, 2005 UMB Bank Pavilion Maryland Heights, MO

Velvet Revolver August/05 Illinois State Fair Grandstand Springfield, IL

Les Claypool October 11, 2005 Mississippi Night St Louis, MO

Moe. February 4 2006 The Pageant St Louis MO

DAVID GILMOUR March 14 2006 Rosemont Theatre Rosemont, IL

TOOL September 18 2006 All-State Arena Rosemont, IL

Red Hot Chili Peppers March 3 2007 Assembly Hall Champaign, IL

TOOL June 16 2007 Show Me Center Cape Girardeau, MO

Flaming Lips September 18 2007 The Pageant St Louis, MO

Black Crowes October 19 2007 The Pageant St Louis, MO

Upcoming

The Mars Volta April 17 2008 The Pageant

Rush June 28 2008 UMB Bank Pavilion Maryland Heights MO

The guitarist for the Del-Lords, Eric "Roscoe" Ambel was also in Joan Jett's Blackhearts and went on to be the guitarist in Steve Earle's Dukes. These days he plays in his own band, aptly titled The Roscoe Trio and the all star bar band supergroup The Yayhoos that includes Dan Baird (Georgia Satellites) on lead vocals/guitar, bassist/vocalist Keith Christopher (Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Shaver, early version of the Georgia Satellites) and drummer/vocalist Terry Anderson (Fabulous Knobs, the Woods, Backsliders, Olympic Ass Kickin' Team).

I'm due to pick up a Yayhoos CD.

I used to hang out with a guy who was in the entertainment business. He knew John Fogerty and we attended a show in NJ. Could have gone backstage, but my friend was too cool and not into the backstage scene. We also went to the record release party and performance for the first Smithereens LP. My friend spent a number of years as the road manager for a VERY POPULAR COMEDIAN. Still in the entertainment business out in LA and we occasionally exchange emails.

He got me these press pass tix for the Del Lords.

wu10df.jpg

Edited by JethroTull

Now I'm bringing on the heavy artillery. This was a 2nd row seat. My girlfriend at the time worked(secretary) for the president of a bank and he got us the tix. He also made a pass at her at the bank holiday party.

2m7y977.jpg

Edited by JethroTull

There is a story in the news section about an upand coming musicain who once played at jimmy page's house. he stated theat he had to dum down his guitar playing in america becasue he belived

"There is an anti-guitar-hero thing going on in America," Faulkner says. "It's like an anti-vibe on people who can actually play."

Do you guy think thats the case, I knwo there are still good guitarist out there, but mainsteam, that may be a true statement. what do you guys think?

There is a story in the news section about an upand coming musicain who once played at jimmy page's house. he stated theat he had to dum down his guitar playing in america becasue he belived

"There is an anti-guitar-hero thing going on in America," Faulkner says. "It's like an anti-vibe on people who can actually play."

Do you guy think thats the case, I knwo there are still good guitarist out there, but mainsteam, that may be a true statement. what do you guys think?

Hogwash. Guitar Hero is flying off the shelves because no one wants to sound like one.

Hogwash. Guitar Hero is flying off the shelves because no one wants to sound like one.

But thats a game and not popular music, I played that game with a bunch of diffent types of people, and almost all of them barely knew any of those songs. Wii bowling is big, but bowling is dying as a sport.

Maybe since he's a singer/songwriter. he shold be more laid back. like hes this brillant thinker who just so happens to play guitar, not a brillant guitar player who just so happens to have a thought. Artist are more popular thier art. i.e. bieng famous for bieng famous.

I really enjoyed early 70's Alice. Madison Square Garden....

117srya.jpg

Now I'm bringing on the heavy artillery. This was a 2nd row seat. My girlfriend at the time worked(secretary) for the president of a bank and he got us the tix. He also made a pass at her at the bank holiday party.

2m7y977.jpg

Great gigs! :D

FIRST I LOOK AT THE PURSE!!!! Are ya listening Spats? If I remember correctly at the beginning of the summer you mailed Convention Hall money for the show you wanted with a SASE. Somehow I received 3rd rows seats for the 1973 show. 10:00 pm start meant I was not getting home till about 3:00 am. due to the 2 hour drive down to Asbury Park. First time I was ever that close to a band. I remember when the band was done playing and they all came to the front of the stage to take bows and the drummer (Steven Jo Bladd) went up behind the keyboard player (Seth Justman) and thrust his groin into Seth's butt.

The 1975 show in Hackensack was actually an FDU sponsered concert. Went with a bunch of college friends and girlfriends.

18kf7n.jpg

Edited by JethroTull

I reccomend the band -my morning jacket to led zeppelin fans. I have their cd called "z" and its very good, something some led zep fans would find interesting. I read one article where the drummer talked about john bonham's influence on him. you can hear the influence, good drumming and interesting songs.

Did Rory Gallagher open the NYC show? If so, that's the one I also attended. I have a ticketmaster type ticket with the band(s) name missing.

You are correct i had it written on the back of my stub that Rory opened. Saw him with Rush in Hampton VA also

Edited by alwizard03

I reccomend the band -my morning jacket to led zeppelin fans. I have their cd called "z" and its very good, something some led zep fans would find interesting. I read one article where the drummer talked about john bonham's influence on him. you can hear the influence, good drumming and interesting songs.

I 2nd this, and the Okonokos live album is about as good an album as any.

Check out the song One Big Holiday. It might just blow your balls off.