This is the year that a new Led Zeppelin release should happen.

AlexKx

This is the year that a new Led Zeppelin release should happen. The release that should be done is a live audio one for sure. EVEN if the reunion concert is released as well. There are just so many live recordings to be released that they need to get on with it and release them with more frequency. The next year another live release should be should be three years from now and not another five. A couple of years after that they should release another and then for a few years in a row release one every year. The thing is it was 1997 when we got the first live release since "The Song Remains The Same Soundtrack" and then it was six years after that that "How The West Was Won" was released. There is no reason for a ten year break so they should get on with it. What say you?

This is the year that a new Led Zeppelin release should happen. The release that should be done is a live audio one for sure. EVEN if the reunion concert is released as well. There are just so many live recordings to be released that they need to get on with it and release them with more frequency. The next year another live release should be should be three years from now and not another five. A couple of years after that they should release another and then for a few years in a row release one every year. The thing is it was 1997 when we got the first live release since "The Song Remains The Same Soundtrack" and then it was six years after that that "How The West Was Won" was released. There is no reason for a ten year break so they should get on with it. What say you?

For the love of God - please no more live or already released old Zep songs! Haven't we heard all those songs a zillion times already? Don't get me wrong - I love them all, Lord knows.

But the reality of the situation is that the remaining members are alive TODAY, they are supposed to be ARTISTS -how many times can the Mona Lisa be painted? ONCE!

They need to get into the studio and RECORD NEW MATERIAL! No more re-issues, live stuff from 35 years ago, no more "collections" , best of's or other regurgetated crap.

Page, Plant, and Jones will only solidify their legacy by proving that the Well hasn't gone dry...new stuff or die!

Will Happen This Year: Jimmy Page Returns to the Guitar

Won't Happen This Year: New Led Zeppelin Album

Yea, I'll go along with that premise. Jimmy will play his guitars and lay something down for '09.

But again, enough with the old days.

I don't want a new release. If they release new stuff that just defeats the purpose of them breaking up. I'm all for a reunion tour, but no new material.

That's a strange belief. They broke up because Bonzo died, A new album without bonzo would be bad, but a Reunion tour without bonzo is good. Isn't the point of breaking up is to be totally broken up or is this like Friends with benefits type of deal, all the fun but no work. I'm not trying to fault you. I'm just think it's contradicting yourself.

The purpose of them breaking up, according to the press release, is that they no longer can continue as they where at that time.

That's a strange belief. They broke up because Bonzo died, A new album without bonzo would be bad, but a Reunion tour without bonzo is good. Isn't the point of breaking up is to be totally broken up or is this like Friends with benefits type of deal, all the fun but no work. I'm not trying to fault you. I'm just think it's contradicting yourself.

The purpose of them breaking up, according to the press release, is that they no longer can continue as they where at that time.

I mean that a reunion tour would be okay, if they used Jason, just one tour. It would be okay because it could be that final farewell that they never had. It wouldn't be as they were. As for making new material I don't think it's right because Bonzo had some to do with the writing of the material and he wouldn't if it was new.

I don't want a new release. If they release new stuff that just defeats the purpose of them breaking up. I'm all for a reunion tour, but no new material.

I don't think they'll do a tour of any type without some new material. If they don't that makes them no different than any of the other aging rockers out there touring only to bank on nostalgia.

I mean that a reunion tour would be okay, if they used Jason, just one tour. It would be okay because it could be that final farewell that they never had. It wouldn't be as they were. As for making new material I don't think it's right because Bonzo had some to do with the writing of the material and he wouldn't if it was new.

I see your point now, I agree somwhat on the fact that I can't possibly see them entering into a studio under the name led Zeppelin. Maybe under a diffent name, so they can get a fresh start musically and not to be compared to four young guys back in the 70's who had the world by it's balls.

I see your point now, I agree somwhat on the fact that I can't possibly see them entering into a studio under the name led Zeppelin. Maybe under a diffent name, so they can get a fresh start musically and not to be compared to four young guys back in the 70's who had the world by it's balls.

How about recording and touring as Led Zeppelin II?

It has a good ring to it.

How about recording and touring as Led Zeppelin II?

It has a good ring to it.

They are kinda witty like that, i wont put it past them. They will sell every stadium out if they just say that we are just going to do a total improv of No Quarter for 2 and half hours and our new name is the One Eyed, One Horned, Flying Purple People Eater's.

I don't think they'll do a tour of any type without some new material. If they don't that makes them no different than any of the other aging rockers out there touring only to bank on nostalgia.

Of course, many of these bands DO put out new albums (think A Bigger Bang by the Stones/Springsteen and Dylan with recent albums, etc.). They just aren't well received by the music-buying public. The core fan base buys them, and there aren't new fans being turned onto these new albums so sales dwindle after a few weeks.

My fear of them trying to record a new album BEFORE they tour is that they won't be able too get anything that lives up to the name and the tour will subsequently never happen. I'd like a tour followed by a new album. If they want to play new songs Zeppelinizing some of Strange Sensations best bits would work well.

It's the band's 40th anniversary this year and I'd love some archive live songs. Years ago Jimmy was working on a chronological live box set (individual songs from concerts rather than the whole concert) & I think that would be an excellent way of celebrating 40 years of LZ.

My fear of them trying to record a new album BEFORE they tour is that they won't be able too get anything that lives up to the name and the tour will subsequently never happen. I'd like a tour followed by a new album. If they want to play new songs Zeppelinizing some of Strange Sensations best bits would work well.

It's the band's 40th anniversary this year and I'd love some archive live songs. Years ago Jimmy was working on a chronological live box set (individual songs from concerts rather than the whole concert) & I think that would be an excellent way of celebrating 40 years of LZ.

^A chronological box set would be great! -especially for their 40th anniversary. Only thing is, after the re release of -the song remains the same and mothership, its hard to tell what their next release of material might be.

Obviously, they could release a cd of the ahmet show...was a legendary show. With all the current attention, they really should release something from a marketing standpoint.

Archived