This is the year that a new Led Zeppelin release should happen.

AlexKx

Well I think it would be good for them to do some touring at the end of the year like The New Yardbirds did forty years ago in 1968 THEN do a new studio l.p. in 2009 and tour behind that as well. There is no reason for fans to tie their hands behind their back on reasons not to do anything. So I stand by the idea and notion that all of the above should be done. In terms of unreleased studio tracks, demos, outtakes, instrumentals, and 5.1 for a number of years I have said that the music industry should adapt Blu-Ray discs as THE new format to replace c.d.s. Hopefully they would be able to include an original studio l.p. with appropriate unreleased material with them as well. They could even do a "recording of" documentary like Eagle Rock Entertainment has done for almost twenty years now for so many recording artists with their "Classic Albums" series. There could be old and new interviews included pertaining to the project as well. There could literally end up being HOURS of bonus features such as this for EACH studio l.p. Just imagine...it would be far beyond anything anyone EVER dreamed of.

Well I think it would be good for them to do some touring at the end of the year like The New Yardbirds did forty years ago in 1968 THEN do a new studio l.p. in 2009 and tour behind that as well. There is no reason for fans to tie their hands behind their back on reasons not to do anything. So I stand by the idea and notion that all of the above should be done. In terms of unreleased studio tracks, demos, outtakes, instrumentals, and 5.1 for a number of years I have said that the music industry should adapt Blu-Ray discs as THE new format to replace c.d.s. Hopefully they would be able to include an original studio l.p. with appropriate unreleased material with them as well. They could even do a "recording of" documentary like Eagle Rock Entertainment has done for almost twenty years now for so many recording artists with their "Classic Albums" series. There could be old and new interviews included pertaining to the project as well. There could literally end up being HOURS of bonus features such as this for EACH studio l.p. Just imagine...it would be far beyond anything anyone EVER dreamed of.

I would love that, i just posted somthing like that in another thread. I read quotes from Page that pertains to a "classic albums" epsiode, but i have know idea if it was his or somebody else album.

Of course, many of these bands DO put out new albums (think A Bigger Bang by the Stones/Springsteen and Dylan with recent albums, etc.). They just aren't well received by the music-buying public.

I'm not sure of exact sales figures but I'm pretty sure Dylan's Modern Times (along with his other recent albums) and Springteen's recent outings have done pretty well not only saleswise but were also critically well received. That's not to say a new Zeppelin record would meet with the same fate, unless it were really, really good. Plant and Krauss managed to pull one out of the hat with Raising Sand so I see no reason why Zeppelin couldn't, though that's a hell of a reputation to have to live up to.

My fear of them trying to record a new album BEFORE they tour is that they won't be able too get anything that lives up to the name and the tour will subsequently never happen. I'd like a tour followed by a new album. If they want to play new songs Zeppelinizing some of Strange Sensations best bits would work well.

If they're not going to release a new album before touring I'd almost rather see them break in new songs on the road than resort to covering Plant's solo material.

It's the band's 40th anniversary this year and I'd love some archive live songs. Years ago Jimmy was working on a chronological live box set (individual songs from concerts rather than the whole concert) & I think that would be an excellent way of celebrating 40 years of LZ.

I remember that chronological live box set set being mentioned in several interviews myself but even though they don't feature individual songs I thought they manifested themselves in the Led Zeppelin DVD and How the West Was Won releases.

Archived