Robert and Alison Commercial...

nirvana

Well..my lil research brain went to the JCP website and read there policies on where they purchse their goods and the factories.

It says they do not work with any company that has child labor and so on.

Do I believe it?

In America.....not to sure.

They had the Raising Sand CD on the website.

I dunno......it's got a bad tatse in my mind. :(

I saw it. It took him 30 years to sell Rock and Roll to Cadillac, but just three months to sell Killing the Blues to JC Penny

an interesting point.

Also, I think they could have picked a different song for a product line called American Living with a bunch of famlies and kids running around. I notice they cut out right before they sing... They set us on fire.

The lyrics of that song don't really go with what they are selling. But I suppose they are just going for the beauty of sound in this one.

What is JC Penny's trying to say? That we are just a nation of cheaters who sincerely regret it later? :lol:

A friend told me about this ad (and of course the Cadillac ad) and mentioned how Zep and now Plant had 'sold out'. I laughed and said he was correct. Zep and Plant have always been a sell out everywhere they go.

But who knows the motive? Maybe lots of this cash they receive goes to charity whereas it wouldn't have.

Good for them to have the business smarts to act when opportunity arises rather than worry about opinions of people that will never be in that position to understand it.

A friend told me about this ad (and of course the Cadillac ad) and mentioned how Zep and now Plant had 'sold out'. I laughed and said he was correct. Zep and Plant have always been a sell out everywhere they go.

But who knows the motive? Maybe lots of this cash they receive goes to charity whereas it wouldn't have.

Good for them to have the business smarts to act when opportunity arises rather than worry about opinions of people that will never be in that position to understand it.

My thoughts exactly! :thumbsup:

Well..my lil research brain went to the JCP website and read there policies on where they purchse their goods and the factories.

It says they do not work with any company that has child labor and so on.

Do I believe it?

In America.....not to sure.

They had the Raising Sand CD on the website.

I dunno......it's got a bad tatse in my mind. :(

I licked the cd~and my point? it tasted bad ...no surprise there :lol:

C what happens when boredom & stupidity sets in?

Edited by mladyria

Go listen to The Rain Song or Going to California again. In the old Zep songs where he sings softly it's pretty similar.

you think so, really? I don't hear that at all. maybe beacuse the styles of music are so different. Raising Sand is definitely growing on me...it took a few turns of the CD for me to get into it.

as for this commercial....when I first heard it during the Oscars, I was surprised and a bit disappointed. I don't know, it was OK with Cadillac...something about a fast, luxury car was cool. but selling JC Penney cheap wears? yikes.

I think of "That's The Way".

If Zeppelin ever did another show or two, it might be cool for Alison to join them in a mid acoustic set:

That's The Way

Going To California

Tangerine

Battle of Evermore

and who knows that else???

R B)