Led Zeppelin vs. Nirvana, which is finer?

hyrule

im not sure if anyone has already said this because i didnt read all the posts but...the only think LZ and Nirvana have incommen is that they both created something new...LZ was said to be the first "metal" band and Nirvana has said to be the first "grunge" band

im not sure if anyone has already said this because i didnt read all the posts but...the only think LZ and Nirvana have incommen is that they both created something new...LZ was said to be the first "metal" band and Nirvana has said to be the first "grunge" band

Have to respectfully disagree. Metal? Black Sabbath. Maybe even Blue Cheer. But to call Zeppelin metal is to deny them the amazing dynamic of light and shade. I get what you're trying to say, but I think Led Zeppelin transcends genres. They may have had moments that were "metal", but that's just looking at one facet of the diamond. They were so much more than that, as I'm sure we can agree. :beer:

Have to respectfully disagree. Metal? Black Sabbath. Maybe even Blue Cheer. But to call Zeppelin metal is to deny them the amazing dynamic of light and shade.

I absolutely agree with you, Evster. To label Zep as metal is really to negate them.

Have to respectfully disagree. Metal? Black Sabbath. Maybe even Blue Cheer. But to call Zeppelin metal is to deny them the amazing dynamic of light and shade. I get what you're trying to say, but I think Led Zeppelin transcends genres. They may have had moments that were "metal", but that's just looking at one facet of the diamond. They were so much more than that, as I'm sure we can agree. :beer:

very true well i was trying to say they both changed music history extremly though zeppelin will always be better becaseu they could transend into so many different styles of music and nirvana really only had one style...but yes i get what you were saying

Blue Cheer!!

Saw them last year and they really kicked ass! Small venue; it was intense to have those legends in front of you, at less than 1 meter!

Led Zeppelin metal?? :D That's like people tagging AC/DC as Heavy Metal... It's quite hilarious!

• 2 months later...

Nirvana? I like some of their songs, but dude! they are sooo over-rated. I was watching something on a music channel, 20 most influential bands ever. Zeppelin weren't even in it :blink: and guess who won?

Nirvana. Im sorry but who want to be influenced by a band that are only famous coz the lead singer (R.I.P Kurt) killed himself. I love Led Zeppelin so they influence me alot. Their music has more range. Like e.g erm... Kashmir has all these epic sounds whereas Stairway is very meaningful and then... erm.. Communication breakdown (so under-rated) is very hard rocky and Dyer Maker is very soulful. whereas Nirvana are very the same. All the songs sort-of carry the same rythem and effect.

Archived