Houses Of The Harley

Tinkerbell

Well, finally took the scoot out for a ride the sun was bright about 72F

This is me on my 03 1200 custom in front of a mighty oak along the river road.

bikes3.jpg

Cool hog! And nice to meet you in full size!

Last weekend was splendid too - temperatures reached 19°C on Sunday which was a real present from the weather gods considered we have still February. I also took our small scoot (only a 125 Daelim) out for its first ride this year. Unfortunately this weekend the weather is showing its teeth again with rapid storms up to 120 km/h and heavy rainfalls mixed with snow.

Could it be that your 1200 Custom is the 1200 Roadster? I saw two of them in the motorcenter we bought the Nighster in October. We are thinking about buying a second hog next year and considered to decide between the 1200 Roadster and a second Nightster but couldn't find any hog with this indication in an official Harley catalogue up to now.

Nighster news: our Nighster will be shipped from the US to Rotterdam on Tuesday 04th of March and'll probably arrive at the end of March. She is the first Nighster running in our area and several Harley mates will stand in line to give her a warm welcome! I'm going to post a pic being shot immediately after her arrival here at home!

Tink

Could it be that your 1200 Custom is the 1200 Roadster?

Tink

Nope

bikes5.jpg

I've added a few things, like the chrome tach package, stage one dyna-jets with screaming eagle slash cut pipes and chrome batt. cover, switch housings and switch covers anniversary backrest , fuel cap master cyl. cover belt gaurd etc...

No fibbing here, easier to remember the truth! B)

:huh: Ride on! You never know why and to what purpose things are happening!

B)

Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run

There's still time to change the road you're on!

If I ever got another bike it would most likely be a new Moto-Guzzi.

B)

Yeah, indeed! He is a cutie and one of those people I could imagine to steal horses with! Good shot in any way in case being in need of a photomodel fulfilling the all-girls-dreamboy-clishee! So, here is a shot just for you, Hotplant!

ob_speedway_05.jpg

Hey Babes - take a walk on the wild side!

Hey, send him over!

PS: Never thought that I'll become Zep Head with bloody Harley stuff!!! Sorry for cursing..... ;-))

Danke, Tink !!

He's a babe, for sure.

If I ever got another bike it would most likely be a new Moto-Guzzi.

Guzzis are really fine bikes! Two weeks ago I was on a biker fair and saw their new models. Hot - but I stay a Lady of Harley, I fear!

Guzzis are really fine bikes! Two weeks ago I was on a biker fair and saw their new models. Hot - but I stay a Lady of Harley, I fear!

As much as I admire Italian bikes, they are NO match for Hds!!!! :). The Italians are better off making what they have always made best FERRARIs.....now there's a powerful machine.....THE REAL MERCEDES-BENZ KILLER!! :) :)

In the world of bikes there are two kinds of bikers

Those that ride Harleys

and everybody else :D

This bike's name is Satan.WideGlide2.jpg

Alright! Dyna Wideglide I was going to get one but compromised with the wife and got the sporty,which was cool with me I don't take too many long rides and little more nimble in traffic.

Sorry, for being absent some days!

Nice to meet you here, Midnight Rambler - so, have a good time in this thread!

I can imagine you're enjoying the every year's ride to your sister - actually, I envy you a little bit for the endless roads you have there on the other side of the pond!

If we're going to decide touring across the US one day I give you and all you Harley mates I'm meeting here in this thread a call! Wouldn't it be great hopping over The Misty Mountains and Going Over The Hills And Far Away To California hearing finally The Ocean roar?

Ride on, guys and stay tuned!

Tinkerbell

Hi all,

Sorry, for being absent some days!

Nice to meet you here, Midnight Rambler - so, have a good time in this thread!

I can imagine you're enjoying the every year's ride to your sister - actually, I envy you a little bit for the endless roads you have there on the other side of the pond!

If we're going to decide touring across the US one day I give you and all you Harley mates I'm meeting here in this thread a call! Wouldn't it be great hopping over The Misty Mountains and Going Over The Hills And Far Away To California hearing finally The Ocean roar?

Ride on, guys and stay tuned! Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell,well if your coming over,stop by New England first! We got some sweet coastal roads,some good spots for some good eats,etc,etc,.........ok? :D

KB

Hi all,

Tinkerbell,well if your coming over,stop by New England first! We got some sweet coastal roads,some good spots for some good eats,etc,etc,.........ok?

KB

Hi, KB!

The only American state I've ever been was California. I was not so fond of it. I like mountains, lakes and deep forests and so California wasn't really a good choice for me. Anyway, I love the San Francisco Bay Area and our journey through the redwood forests along the Panoramic Highway of the Point Reyes National Seashore peninsula up to the lonely lighthouse with which I fell in love immediately.

Another great route would be away from the beaten tracks starting from the Eriesee following the Appalachian Trail down to New Orleans. Have you ever been on parts of the Appalachian Trail?

I'm busy with building up my own business at the moment and so I can't think on such a detour in the next time, I fear. But you never know what life has in stock for you and so we will see what's going on.

Tinkerbell

Hi all,

Hi, KB!

The only American state I've ever been was California. I was not so fond of it. I like mountains, lakes and deep forests and so California wasn't really a good choice for me. Anyway, I love the San Francisco Bay Area and our journey through the redwood forests along the Panoramic Highway of the Point Reyes National Seashore peninsula up to the lonely lighthouse with which I fell in love immediately.

Another great route would be away from the beaten tracks starting from the Eriesee following the Appalachian Trail down to New Orleans. Have you ever been on parts of the Appalachian Trail?

I'm busy with building up my own business at the moment and so I can't think on such a detour in the next time, I fear. But you never know what life has in stock for you and so we will see what's going on.Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell! I lived in the 'Golden State" for 13 years,back when it was,....There are a few National forests that a wonder to see(still) .Santa Cruz,Redwood,etc,....

Not been yet on the Appalachian,still too much to see in these parts,........You got not only MA,but New Hampshire(great roads!),Maine,and a good putt into Vermont,or any who in New England around the fall is brillant,the foliage,warm days,cool nights,...it's what they made leather for! B)

Well,you let me know,you got a place to stay,and grub on the table,.......your on your own with the petrol! :D

KB(you meet the nicest people on a Harley!)

Hi all,

Tinkerbell! I lived in the 'Golden State" for 13 years,back when it was,....There are a few National forests that a wonder to see(still) .Santa Cruz,Redwood,etc,....

Not been yet on the Appalachian,still too much to see in these parts,........You got not only MA,but New Hampshire(great roads!),Maine,and a good putt into Vermont,or any who in New England around the fall is brillant,the foliage,warm days,cool nights,...it's what they made leather for! B)

Well,you let me know,you got a place to stay,and grub on the table,.......your on your own with the petrol! :D

KB(you meet the nicest people on a Harley!)

Hi all!

Thank you so much, KB! I will definately let you know! I'm going to tell Will that I made friends with Harley people from the States and about the possibility to go for a common ride. He will be delighted! I know he would love to go for a cycle tour. I always wanted to witness the foliage in New England - hey, I'm a photographer and it would be awesome to join taking pictures and being on the road with a bunch of Harley people. Imagine the output of pics showing people on bikes, sitting around campfires, details from bikes, leather, metal cups, people smiling at each other, having fun, being united ...... all in this breathtaking autumn scenery!

But I'm going to open a photo atelier in fall and lots of time and money will be spent on this project. It's pretty hard right at the moment because our Nighster will arrive in four weeks here at home. Sometimes I think if it would be better to buy a second one instead to push the money in a bloody business. Taking pictures from marriages, studio acts and portraits, new born babies wrapped in feather boas and sheep fur.... document pics, group sessions with soccer clubs.... I'm afraid of never having the chance again to walk on the wild side like I did it a long time in my life. I'm uneasy and a part of me wants to take pictures everywhere in the world which could be sold as stock photos. Once having made a decision .... will I ever have a chance to change the road I'm on..... ?

Anyway, KB and all others here - Harley people are family and so you all are always welcome at our place!

Tinkerbell

Hi all,

Hi all!

Thank you so much, KB! I will definately let you know! I'm going to tell Will that I made friends with Harley people from the States and about the possibility to go for a common ride. He will be delighted! I know he would love to go for a cycle tour. I always wanted to witness the foliage in New England - hey, I'm a photographer and it would be awesome to join taking pictures and being on the road with a bunch of Harley people. Imagine the output of pics showing people on bikes, sitting around campfires, details from bikes, leather, metal cups, people smiling at each other, having fun, being united ...... all in this breathtaking autumn scenery!

But I'm going to open a photo atelier in fall and lots of time and money will be spent on this project. It's pretty hard right at the moment because our Nighster will arrive in four weeks here at home. Sometimes I think if it would be better to buy a second one instead to push the money in a bloody business. Taking pictures from marriages, studio acts and portraits, new born babies wrapped in feather boas and sheep fur.... document pics, group sessions with soccer clubs.... I'm afraid of never having the chance again to walk on the wild side like I did it a long time in my life. I'm uneasy and a part of me wants to take pictures everywhere in the world which could be sold as stock photos. Once having made a decision .... will I ever have a chance to change the road I'm on..... ?

Anyway, KB and all others here - Harley people are family and so you all are always welcome at our place! Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell!If we ever meet,I'll tell you and your old man a few tales,how being nice to others always come back to you,even if you don't own a Harley! :D

Tell you what,I'll bust out the old digital camera and take a few pics of Old New England for ya,just to piss you off! :lol: Post them on here, so maybe the other brothers&sister will want to get together,have a ride and watch each other pick the bugs out our teeth! :o Heheeeee!

Open invite folks,...... :thumbsup:

"From the House of the Harley,

we can watch the potholes grow."

KB

Even though my Super-Vee had a lot of problems I did get some interstate rides on it. I rode to Bonneville from California and that was too cool. I loved the 90* cylinders because vibration was almost nil compared to my old Shovel and Sporty. That's also why I'd like a Guzzi because of the 90* cylinders. Ducati's are too but they're designed too weird for me, but they do have a healthy exhaust note. I'll see if I can get someone to post a pic of the old Vee. The old Iron Horse magazine (with Snow as editor and then Hammer) printed a bunch of my riding and 'trials and tribulations' articles on my Super-Vee. Got paid for it too. :D

Hi all,

Tinkerbell! If we ever meet, I'll tell you and your old man a few tales, how being nice to others always come back to you, even if you don't own a Harley!

I hope so! I see you are also walking on the old path! Merin Sa, my shaman friend and Mitakue Oyasin!

Tell you what,I'll bust out the old digital camera and take a few pics of Old New England for ya,just to piss you off! Post them on here, so maybe the other brothers&sister will want to get together,have a ride and watch each other pick the bugs out our teeth! Heheeeee!

Open invite folks,......

If the pics are awesome I don't care to be pissed off! Friends are allowed to piss me off, anyway. At least sometimes ...... :P

"From the House of the Harley,

we can watch the potholes grow."

KB

Heeeeeheeheee!!!!

Even though my Super-Vee had a lot of problems I did get some interstate rides on it. I rode to Bonneville from California and that was too cool. I loved the 90* cylinders because vibration was almost nil compared to my old Shovel and Sporty. That's also why I'd like a Guzzi because of the 90* cylinders. Ducati's are too but they're designed too weird for me, but they do have a healthy exhaust note. I'll see if I can get someone to post a pic of the old Vee. The old Iron Horse magazine (with Snow as editor and then Hammer) printed a bunch of my riding and 'trials and tribulations' articles on my Super-Vee. Got paid for it too. :D

Hey, cool! Post them over here!

[...] ... but they do have a healthy exhaust note

Yeah, and the sound isn't bad either! B)

Archived