Led Zeppelin's OVERALL best song

JimmyPageZoSo56

478 members have voted

1. 1. Which captivates Led Zeppelin the best?

• Stairway to Heaven
    • Achilles Last Stand
    • Kashmir

• 1 year later...

Kashmir, because it defines Zeppelin's fierce power as a complete unit. All the elements combine and work together to build something big, whereas in Stairway to Heaven it takes time to even build the elements. To me, Achilles Last Stand lacks the melodical brilliance of either two, though it is indeed a masterful epic.

Achilles Last Stand is one of Led Zeppelin's most underrated songs. I feel this song defines what Led Zeppelin is - with the amazing lyrics, Plant's lively voice, Page's riffs and solos which supports Percy's voice, Jonesy's subtle yet defining bass and Bonzo's amazing drum line which no one else but only he can reproduce - I think this is a characteristic song of the Zeppelin. Yes, Stairway To Heaven is epic and so is Kashmir but Achilles Last Stand is the BEST SONG BY LED ZEPPELIN. Any true Led Zeppelin fan and true Music lover would agree with this. :)

Seems impossible to measure which song is the best (with LZ at least), but from the 3 I pick ALS.

Because I feel like there's no time to breathe on 10 minutes! At the same time, I don't see the time passing by, which is an amazing thing about this song. And that solo is so deeply dramatic, a sort of paralysing moment but suddenly I'm rocking again. In the end I feel the sensation of "mission accomplished".

My only problem with Kashmir is on the original version, somewhat tiring and in some point is like never-ending, you know. But yeah, is an awesome zep anthem and everything...

I'm not a English native speaker so I hope that everyone could understand me.

:)

Very difficult. All three are great songs. STH is LZ's anthem for the casual, un-ledded head. Kashmir is definitely akin to Ravel's Bolero, as was mentioned earlier. That leaves ALS. Perhaps the most underrated song (per radio, critics), but probably the best of the three, all-round. As someone else mentioned, it also depends on the mood. Really tough call. I think I will listen to all three again! Yeah, ALS.... especially the live version, when they do it cut time. Just when you thought it couldn't go any faster and still sound good, Bonzo kicks in the afterburners! WOW!

• 2 weeks later...

I never understood the whole Zeppelin thing growing up, until I heard Kashmir. It opened my ears to how great Zeppelin was and opened my ears to an entire other world of music. With Kashmir I took notice and delved into the music like a bloke discovering lemon pie for the first time.

• 1 year later...

Obviously all three songs are great, but I would probably go with Kashmir as my favorite.

This may come as no surprise to anyone here, but I've noticed that whenever I mention Zep to anyone who is totally unfamiliar with the band (especially foreigners) they almost always reply, "Oh yea, isn't that the band that did Stairway To Heaven? I really like that song."

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since I've Been Loving You

Yes, this should have been a choice. I've known (at least) two people who were transformed into Zep fans by watching SIBLY and the Rain Song in TSRTS -- "Jimmy Page....electric guitar...."

Yes, this should have been a choice. I've known (at least) two people who were transformed into Zep fans by watching SIBLY and the Rain Song in TSRTS -- "Jimmy Page....electric guitar...."

These may be my top two LZ songs...so beautiful! And any time I am watching a live show, I love to hear 'Jimmy Page...electric guitar'!!! I definitely became a bigger fan from watching them play live. The music is really great, but to watch them play every note with emotion and passion...that's the WOW factor for me! ❤

These may be my top two LZ songs...so beautiful! And any time I am watching a live show, I love to hear 'Jimmy Page...electric guitar'!!! I definitely became a bigger fan from watching them play live. The music is really great, but to watch them play every note with emotion and passion...that's the WOW factor for me! ❤

How true. So beautiful and majestic. WOW is the right word.

Good to hear others feel the same way. After the hundreds of shows I have listened to, SIBLY seems to be the one that 'gets me' every time.

• 11 months later...

Archived