Led Zeppelin's OVERALL best song

JimmyPageZoSo56

478 members have voted

1. 1. Which captivates Led Zeppelin the best?

• Stairway to Heaven
    • Achilles Last Stand
    • Kashmir

• 2 weeks later...

NO ONE WOULD PUT A ZEP FAN IN THIS DESISION WHO CAN CHOOSE BETWEEN K,STH,AND ALS.BEFORE I MAKE MY DESISION WHY ISNT DAZED AND CONFUSED UP THERE IF IT WAS I WOULD CHOOSE IT AND ACHILLIES.BUT BASED ON MY CHOICES I HAD TO GO ACHILLIES FOR ITS MIGHTY GUITAR AND AWESOME LYRICS.DAZED AND CONFUSED ROCKS BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO ONE WOULD PUT A ZEP FAN IN THIS DESISION WHO CAN CHOOSE BETWEEN K,STH,AND ALS.BEFORE I MAKE MY DESISION WHY ISNT DAZED AND CONFUSED UP THERE IF IT WAS I WOULD CHOOSE IT AND ACHILLIES.BUT BASED ON MY CHOICES I HAD TO GO ACHILLIES FOR ITS MIGHTY GUITAR AND AWESOME LYRICS.DAZED AND CONFUSED ROCKS BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rocco:

QUIT YELLING!

thank you.

Well, today my favorite Zep songs are Friends and Four Sticks. Tomorrow it might be Custard Pie and Black Mountain Side. Next week it might be Thank You and Poor Tom.

From a "put on the map" perspective, Dazed and WLL put them centre stage. STH put them into the stratosphere, and Kashmir was icing on the cake.

To be honest, i avoid the "hits' because i do not want to burn out. I'll play Dancing day's, Hot's on or Gallow's pole before i listen to the aforementioned. "Best" is a very subjective term, especially when it comes to Zep. Every song is best for me and each day brings a new gem.

I think Stairway to Heaven suits Led Zeppelin best, in my humble opinion :) .

Kashmir is an excellent song as well, but STH is much more Zep-like, I think. Each member has his part, and when you put it up together you get one of the best Zeppelin songs. And after you listen to it, you want to hear it again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They're all, in my opinion, extremely powerful, moving songs. With real Zeppelin fans, they'll always talk about Stairway to Heaven, Kashmir and Achilles Last Stand as their greatest feats

I just don't understand why people say that any fan that likes Stairway to Heaven knows nothing about Led Zeppelin at all..? I just don't understand these people. I think Stairway to Heaven is one of the greatest, if not THE greatest song ever written.

My theory on these 'Anti-Stairway' people is that they think that since Stairway is the only song that Zeppelin is known for, outside the fanbase.. which makes them think it's an overrated song. My opinion on this is that Stairway to Heaven is such a great, and amazing song that it's just really well known. Remember famous doesn't ALWAYS mean overrated.

Also I think that since Robert Plant doesn't like the song much, some people have thought, "Hey, Plant doesn't like the song.. that means it sucks!" ... He originally loved the song, but grew tired of it. He never said that the song sucks.

ALSO before you start flaming me, it could all be based on personal opinion.. if you don't like the song personally, that's completely fine with me, I have nothing at all against that.. I just think it's stupid to hate the song because of the two reasons above.

They're all, in my opinion, extremely powerful, moving songs. With real Zeppelin fans, they'll always talk about Stairway to Heaven, Kashmir and Achilles Last Stand as their greatest feats

I just don't understand why people say that any fan that likes Stairway to Heaven knows nothing about Led Zeppelin at all..? I just don't understand these people. I think Stairway to Heaven is one of the greatest, if not THE greatest song ever written.

My theory on these 'Anti-Stairway' people is that they think that since Stairway is the only song that Zeppelin is known for, outside the fanbase.. which makes them think it's an overrated song. My opinion on this is that Stairway to Heaven is such a great, and amazing song that it's just really well known. Remember famous doesn't ALWAYS mean overrated.

Also I think that since Robert Plant doesn't like the song much, some people have thought, "Hey, Plant doesn't like the song.. that means it sucks!" ... He originally loved the song, but grew tired of it. He never said that the song sucks.

ALSO before you start flaming me, it could all be based on personal opinion.. if you don't like the song personally, that's completely fine with me, I have nothing at all against that.. I just think it's stupid to hate the song because of the two reasons above.

Good points. I would listen to a dozen other LZ songs before I would listen to STH. Not because it's not a great song though. In terms of rock & roll compositions, it's in the top three with A day in the Life and Baba O'Riley as the best songs ever imo. Personally, I chose Kashmir and disagree with someone here who said it was mainly Page and Plant. JPJ"s keyboard work is magnificent and Bonzo did some of his best drumming on this track.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
The poll misses my favourite: Since I've Been Loving You but of those three I rate Achilles Last Stand the highest.

I loved all of the songs that they performed live on the 77 Tour. In my opinion, seeing them live twice, I would have to say Kashmir. The band really sounded tight when they performed Kashmir. ROCK ON!

• 1 month later...

Archived