Plants voice 75 and 77 - when was it better

achilleslaststand76

Listening to boots from 70 and 71 its seems as though Plant would 'over-sing' (if thats possible) at times. His voice was so strong he could overpower the rest of the band at will and obviously those days caught up to him.

BTW, does anyone know if he did vocal warm-ups and took other precautions to save is voice or did just walk on stage and let her rip?

Listening to boots from 70 and 71 its seems as though Plant would 'over-sing' (if thats possible) at times. His voice was so strong he could overpower the rest of the band at will and obviously those days caught up to him.

BTW, does anyone know if he did vocal warm-ups and took other precautions to save is voice or did just walk on stage and let her rip?

highly doubt if he did warm ups, which was the problem. his voice would sound better in subsequent concerts of later years - usually in encores - with WLL, etc. His voice was terribly cold (ie. not warmed up) in the 73 and 75 years. Very weak on the Rock and Roll openings. Sounded like he was croaking, nervous or not warmed up. A combination of all factors.

I saw them March, 19 and 20, 1975 in Vancouver and Plant's voice was brilliant both nights. Two very intense show's. He proved a number of people wrong those nights. 77 in Seattle was a bad show to judge. The Kingdome wouldn't have done anybody any justice. He sounded good on the recordings I've heard though

You are sooooo lucky :D those two shows on the 19th and 20th just rock!

I can not get enough of the SB matrix from the 19th....if anyone ever said Zeppelin sucked in 75, all you have to do is give 'em this show. one of the greatest concert's in all of Zeppelins history!....and this is comming from a guy who listens to 69-71 Zep 80% of the time.

Archived