Husband's cancer improving!

ambercat

Just wanted to let everyone know that we had a meeting yesterday with the doctor and my husband's cancer is doing great. He has four more chemo treatments to do. His tumor has shrunk considerably and the lymph nodes have gone inactive!!! The doctor says things are going really good. I'm so happy I just had to let everyone know!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we had a meeting yesterday with the doctor and my husband's cancer is doing great. He has four more chemo treatments to do. His tumor has shrunk considerably and the lymph nodes have gone inactive!!! The doctor says things are going really good. I'm so happy I just had to let everyone know!!

That's great!!! :D Cancer is a terrible illness,great to hear your husband's overcoming it.

Honestly,i can't express how happy i am for you,despite having never met in real life.

Ambercat, I too don't know you, however, I am very happy for your good news, I just lost a loved one on Jan 23rd to luekemia, and it has been very hard to say goodbye for my kids and I, so when I hear news like this it's really wonderful, I wish you and your family all the best, God Bless.

Thanks you guys, so much! I had no idea just how many people out there have cancer, until we received the diagnosis and went to the cancer clinic. There is always lots of people there. I was really stunned and in shock the first few months. Things are looking up, but at the same time I don't want the rug snatched out from underneath me. I'm still too afraid to dream or make plans for anything. I just kinda go through it day by day.

That's fantastic news ambercat. I know how things like this turn your life completely upside down, but he sounds well on the way to recovery. My thoughts are with you both.

Wonderful news ambercat.

Thats wonderful news !!

Best wishes to you and your husband, ambercat.

Best wishes to you and yours.

My exhubby developed Hodgkin's shortly after I became pregnant with my first child.

It was a long and grueling plight. The treatments "cured" him, but it came back two years later and they treated it more aggressively. He was in remission again.

The treatments however, wound up showing horrid side effects years later.

The combination of that and a stroke eventually took his life.

And a word about those who live through it with the victim: Remember yourself. It can be one of the most stressfull times for the spouse. You are scared shitless, but put up a strong face for their sake. People sometimes forget you may be suffering too. Deeply.

The Cancer Society can help in good ways, I recommend them for support.

And my Mother, Father, Grandma, Uncle ALL died of the evil C.

I can truly empathize.

The Great Goddess with you both, ambercat!

Best wishes to you and yours.

My exhubby developed Hodgkin's shortly after I became pregnant with my first child.

It was a long and grueling plight. The treatments "cured" him, but it came back two years later and they treated it more aggressively. He was in remission again.

The treatments however, wound up showing horrid side effects years later.

The combination of that and a stroke eventually took his life.

And a word about those who live through it with the victim: Remember yourself. It can be one of the most stressfull times for the spouse. You are scared shitless, but put up a strong face for their sake. People sometimes forget you may be suffering too. Deeply.

The Cancer Society can help in good ways, I recommend them for support.

And my Mother, Father, Grandma, Uncle ALL died of the evil C.

I can truly empathize.

Shit Hotplant, last year my Mom died of cancer being the first in many healthy generations. My mother in law developped breast cancer some month before, but fortunately she made it and recovered. I thought I was over Mom's loss but reading all this stroke me with tears.

All the best for you lot there outside!

Tinkerbell

Archived