Rarely mentioned Page guest spots

Honeydripper

I know you know Steve, but just to add for the others....on the 4th there are two shows the BB do on the same day...1 in Philly which is the early set....then the big one in DC. for the national fireworks that start right with their last note played,

<snip>

I've seen that Philly vid, and those DC shots look familiar too, but I can't swear to it.

Great story. Many thanks! :)

Wow. I sure do, but there's only 24 hours in a day so I'll just respond to yours above:

<snip>

Like I say, I could sit here all night and add more that I've documented or aware of. Perhaps I can make a single post pertaining to those at a later time.

I copied that whole thing into a text document. Brilliant. Great history. I copied Honeydripper's story too while I was at it. :)

and speaking of ringtones, when I got my first phone that could download ringtones I actually found 2 Screaming Lord Sutch songs with Jimmy Page! hahahah :lol: THAT was a surprise.

Great thread, I nearly forgot about it. Came back just in time. :)

This thread is awesome. Thanks guys for bringing back some memories of Jimmy, in a time when if you were a fan, he was all but forgotten in the mainstream..How about this one...

Harry Connick jr.

A quote from Mark Mullins from his band.....

He sat in with Harry and the big band one night in Miami. We played a blues—I can’t remember what it was. Harry’s looking at us, saying, “Play some riffs!” Here we are, playing riffs behind Jimmy Page, the Riff King of the rock world. That was exciting! Really exciting! I didn’t get to talk to him. Harry had him cornered, asking him a million questions. All the jazz guys in the band were like, “Whatever—he didn’t sound that good.” I was like, “That was JIMMY PAGE, man—come on!”

So far as I know it was simply a case of right place at the right time before returning to England. Jimmy had been in New York for various promotional duties concerning The Firm. They had filmed their promotional video for 'Radioactive' just three weeks prior on October 12th.

No sooner did Jimmy fly home he was to be found November 2nd in Waltham St. Lawrence, Berkshire, England at the Neville Hall on Milley Road to play a Blues 'n' Booze charity gig with

J. Coghlan, M. Ralphs, M. Moody, plus A. Powell (Wishbone Ash) P. Moraz (Moody Blues).

Edit: I think you, Swandown & I are the only ones who even care. Everyone just wants ringtones.

Is there any website where i can view The Firms Tourdates or Jimmys Tourdates? I once found this site: http://itinerary.led-zeppelin.us/I don't know if this is complete. I compared it with your list an founded a lot.

So, with your lists and a Tourdate-List of Jimmy I made a list of his Guest Appearances:

02 May 1969 - Pasadena, California (Mike Pinero Band)

Aug 1969 - Experience Club, Los Angeles, California (Spencer Davis and Screaming Lord Sutch)

29 Oct 1969 - JB's, Kent, Ohi (Joe Walsh)

03 Dec 1973 Royal Albert Hall (Roy Harper)

14 Feb 1974 Rainbow Theatre (The Intergalactic Elephant Band)

01 Sep 1974 Austin, Texas (Bad Company)

14 Sep 1974 Quaglino's Restaurant, St James Place, London (Jam including Bonzo)

24 Sep 1974 - Schaefer Music Festival, Central Park, New York City (Bad Company)

19 Dec 1974 Rainbow Theatre, London (Bad Company)

May 1975 The Main Point, Philadelphia (The Pretty Things)

23 May 1976 - Great Western Forum, Inglewood, Los Angeles (Bad Company)

14 Aug 1977 - The Half Moon, Plumpton, Sussex, England (he and Ron Wood joining Arms And Legs)

08 Sept 1977 - Metropole Hotel, Brighton, Sussex, England: (Phil Carson and Billy Kinsleys and Carl Simmons)

03 Apr 1979 - Birmingham Odeon, Birmingham (Bad Company)

01 Jul 1980 Festhalle Frankfurt (Santana)

10 Mar 1981 Hammersmith, London (Jeff Beck)

12 May 1982 Munich (Foreigner)

21 May 1984 St Ives Hotel, St Annes (Roy Harper)

28 Jul 1984 Cambridge Folk Festival (afternoon) (Roy Harper)

28 Jul 1984 Cambridge Folk Festival (evening) (Roy Harper)

29 Jul 1984 Battersea Park (Roy Harper)

24 Nov 1984 Rock Garden, London (Roy Harper)

04 Jul 1985 Ben Franklin Parkway, Washington (Beach Boys)

10 Jan 1990 Hammersmith Odeon, London (Bon Jovi)

30 Jun 1990 Knebworth (with Robert Plant)

19 Aug 1990 Castle Donnington, England (Aerosmith)

20 Aug 1990 Marquee Club, London (Aerosmith)

May 9th 1991 University of Nevada (Poison & David Coverdale)

There are still more Dates of Jimmy, but i don't know with witch band he played them. Did he do Solo Shows? Okay the 1988 Tour, but did he play more solo-concerts?

And one more question:

29 Jun 1996 Hyde Park (cancelled)

I have a DVD of Eric Clapton, and the DVD is recorded the same day/location. Did Jimmy want to join Eric on stage? And why has he cancelled?

More questions to follow.... ;-)

This thread is awesome. Thanks guys for bringing back some memories of Jimmy, in a time when if you were a fan, he was all but forgotten in the mainstream..How about this one...

Harry Connick jr.

A quote from Mark Mullins from his band.....

Great job, lad! That is further proof of post #49 in my Zeppelin Mysteries thread found in the Led Zeppelin Forum (below). Welcome to the big leagues.

Hey Steve, I got another one for you:

Is it true that Jimmy Page once jammed with Harry Connick Jr.? And if so, did Jimmy actually play the piano that night??

Yes he jammed, but almost certainly only on guitar.

Jimmy attended Harry Connick Jr's gig at the James L. Knight Center in Miami on Feb 13th 1992. (Jimmy at that time was a resident of nearby Jupiter Island). He was introduced to Harry prior to the show and it was suggested he join Harry for a jam during the show, which he readily agreed to do. They jammed on a set of blues

improvisations during the encore.

The next day, the Miami Herald published a favorable review. It makes no mention of

Page playing piano. A photo of the jam also surfaced in various media forums.

I have since spoken to a local resident who attended and bumped into Page after

the show. A stretch limo had just pulled up to the venue and the fan exclaimed

"Nice car", to which Jimmy, standing just behind him, exclaimed "Thanks!" as he

got into it and was driven away into the night.

Does Ronnie Wood really play bari sax on that? :huh:

I'd completely forgotten about this. Thank you so much. :)

Oh how grateful I am. :rolleyes:

Me, too, thanks for that.

Love how much english he puts on the playing! (Why is that chick looking at Rodgers, anyway... silly girl... :rolleyes: )

So, with your lists and a Tourdate-List of Jimmy I made a list of his Guest Appearances:

Aug 1969 - Experience Club, Los Angeles, California (Spencer Davis and Screaming Lord Sutch)

24 Sep 1974 - Schaefer Music Festival, Central Park, New York City (Bad Company)

14 Aug 1977 - The Half Moon, Plumpton, Sussex, England (he and Ron Wood joining Arms And Legs)

08 Sept 1977 - Metropole Hotel, Brighton, Sussex, England: (Phil Carson and Billy Kinsleys and Carl Simmons)

There are still more Dates of Jimmy, but i don't know with witch band he played them. Did he do Solo Shows? Okay the 1988 Tour, but did he play more solo-concerts?

And one more question:

I have a DVD of Eric Clapton, and the DVD is recorded the same day/location. Did Jimmy want to join Eric on stage? And why has he cancelled?

More questions to follow.... ;-)

I need to go get a beer so I can cry into it... Lord, what I've missed. Wait, a case of beer. Yeah.

Great thread, thanks all!

(edit)

And one more question:

I have a DVD of Eric Clapton, and the DVD is recorded the same day/location. Did Jimmy]want to join Eric on stage? And why has he cancelled?

Your going to make us work on a Sunday, aren't you? I need some time to review your list and compare it against mine. There were quite a few in the 80s & early 90s. I have

access to basically everything Jimmy's ever done (sessions, concerts, appearances,

press interviews, etc).

Just a quick word about the Masters of Music event at Hyde Park on June 29th 1996:

Jimmy went with Robert to attend this 'Quadrophenia' concert to benefit The Prince's Trust. He and Robert mingled backstage with Ron Wood & David Gilmour, but there

was no intention to perform that can be recalled.

Thanks for your quick answer. Wow! Where did you get all this from? Is there a website? Can you send me a list of the concerts/appearances??? And maybe the sessions?

Great job, lad! That is further proof of post #49 in my Zeppelin Mysteries thread found in the Led Zeppelin Forum (below). Welcome to the big leagues.

Hey Steve, I got another one for you:

Is it true that Jimmy Page once jammed with Harry Connick Jr.? And if so, did Jimmy actually play the piano that night??

Yes he jammed, but almost certainly only on guitar.

Jimmy attended Harry Connick Jr's gig at the James L. Knight Center in Miami on Feb 13th 1992. (Jimmy at that time was a resident of nearby Jupiter Island). He was introduced to Harry prior to the show and it was suggested he join Harry for a jam during the show, which he readily agreed to do. They jammed on a set of blues

improvisations during the encore.

The next day, the Miami Herald published a favorable review. It makes no mention of

Page playing piano. A photo of the jam also surfaced in various media forums.

I have since spoken to a local resident who attended and bumped into Page after

the show. A stretch limo had just pulled up to the venue and the fan exclaimed

"Nice car", to which Jimmy, standing just behind him, exclaimed "Thanks!" as he

got into it and was driven away into the night.

Gee thanks Skip! :D I think this story was first reported nationally on Entertainment Tonight.

I will make it my business to pay closer attention to your Zeppelin Mysteries Q&A.

Gee thanks Skip! :D I think this story was first reported nationally on Entertainment Tonight. I will make it my business to pay closer attention to your Zeppelin Mysteries Q&A.

A captioned photo appeared in the magazine Entertainment Weekly, but I don't know if

it was picked up by the Entertainment Tonight telecast. If it was, they probably just

ran an image of the photo. It's not like the world was expecting him to be there, it was very much a backstage deal made between he and Harry.

A captioned photo appeared in the magazine Entertainment Weekly, but I don't know if

it was picked up by the Entertainment Tonight telecast. If it was, they probably just

ran an image of the photo. It's not like the world was expecting him to be there, it was very much a backstage deal made between he and Harry.

I believe you are correct. It was a "spotting/Siting" type report. Just a quick blurb, but rare at the time for Jimmy to make mainstream entertainment news.

I saw him on the two highlighted occasions, I think he did Train Kept a rollin and Walk this way with Aerosmith !!

Archived