Rarely mentioned Page guest spots

Honeydripper

As for Willie and the Poor Boys, Page looks SO COOL in that video. Swaying around like a punk, excellent. And that solo - what a start to a solo!

What song was that?

The only person I remember from Willie & the Poor Boys is Chris Rea. The ol' memory is fading...

Viva la YouTube!:

Strange -- I don't recall ever seeing that video before; and I was virtually hooked up to MTV a la The Matrix when I was a young lass.

Page looks absolutely fantastic in this video! Love the enthusiastic miming, especially the bow at the end of his solo :) Wasn't this project done very close in time to the A.R.M.S. benfits? And yet Jimmy looks 100% healthier in this.

Wasn't this project done very close in time to the A.R.M.S. benefits? And yet Jimmy looks 100% healthier in this.

The video for "These Arms of Mine" was filmed Mon, June 24th 1985 at Fulham Town Hall

so it's quite some time after the Sep & Dec 1983 ARMS Concerts.

"These Arms of Mine"

Beautiful b-bender solo on that one! I remember when I first saw it. I was at work and it came on the TV. Deathwish 2, the Arms concerts and The Firm notwithstanding, it was the moment I knew Jimmy was really back. I cried. I fucking cried. And I still do every time I hear that solo. It's right there with Sea of Love and Hummingbird. Oh the gorgeousness and gorgeosity! Yes, me droogs, that one came with a stamp: Certified Grade A. :beer:

• 3 weeks later...

Earlier in this thread (as well as the Zeppelin Mysteries thread) I posted Jimmy had joined his longtime friend Long John Baldry for a jam in Vancouver, British Columbia on December 7th 1993 but I had never seen any confirmation of the venue.

Baldry's guitarist at the time has confirmed via private email the venue was 86 St. Music Hall, located on the former grounds of Expo '86. He recalls Jimmy had been hanging out

with Baldry and certainly does remember the jam that night. He said Jimmy was very approachable and spoke with him for about 15 minutes concerning guitarist topics.

Jimmy was staying in Vancouver at that time working on the Coverdale/Page album at Little Mountain Studios. A little more concerning Long John Baldry's connections to Canada from Wikipedia:

In 1963, Baldry joined the Cyril Davies R&B All Stars with Jimmy Page on guitar and Nicky Hopkins playing piano.

Baldry chose to settle permanently in Vancouver, British Columbia, where he became a Canadian citizen. He regularly toured the Canadian west coast, as well as the U.S. Northwest.

Long John Baldry died on July 21, 2005, in a Vancouver hospital of a severe chest infection.

I love Vancouver, but Jimmy didn't enjoy his time there. He remembered clearly that the number one best selling book there at the time was about how to kill yourself. He commented "I bought two - one for each of my personalities." :D:D

I love Vancouver, but Jimmy didn't enjoy his time there. He remembered clearly that the number one best selling book there at the time was about how to kill yourself. He commented "I bought two - one for each of my personalities." :D:D

:hysterical:

I've finally gotten someone in Vancouver to look into further confirmation of some of his other activities, jams & public appearances he made there during that time. Apparently he was staying in a rented house and being driven to Little Mountain Studios. He also hung out with Eddie Van Halen when he came thru town.

This from a local resident in Vancouver via email:

Ha Ha! I have no idea about the book title but I seem to remember a book on that subject causing quite stir because of the subject matter.

The 86 St. Music Hall was located at 750 Pacific Boulevard Van BC V6B 5E7

The Club is now called The Rage and is now a gay bar! :lol:

As far as Page not enjoying his time here.... a reference to the weather? I seem to remember David Coverdale mentioning in an old interview that the air pressure (due to the mountains or whatever) was causing them some grief.... who know's but they did pick the wrong time of year to be here.

We may have a new one, sources tell me that Jimmy "jammed" during his recent trip to Bangkok.

Your trying to be funny. Emphasis on trying. He's performed publicly once in the last five years. The 02. The next time he picks up a guitar and finds a stage you'll hear about it.

Viva la YouTube!:

Strange -- I don't recall ever seeing that video before; and I was virtually hooked up to MTV a la The Matrix when I was a young lass.

Page looks absolutely fantastic in this video! Love the enthusiastic miming, especially the bow at the end of his solo :) Wasn't this project done very close in time to the A.R.M.S. benfits? And yet Jimmy looks 100% healthier in this.

I don't remember seeing this, back in the 80's! Holy mother of god, that Pagey has more sex appeal than the rest of those guys put together. I'm dyin' over here. :P

Your trying to be funny. Emphasis on trying. He's performed publicly once in the last five years. The 02. The next time he picks up a guitar and finds a stage you'll hear about it.

I'm not trying to be funny, It's just what I was told, it could mean anything.

I saw Page make a guest appearance with Robert Plant at Madison Square Garden just before or after the Honeydrippers album(somewhere in the early 80's). Scott Muni, a legendary NY DJ, introduced Robert Plant to the audience, and made a crack about a big Zeppelin floating around outside. Page did not come on until the encore, and they did some Blues Jams I was not familiar with. Great to see them together, but a bummer no Zeppelin was played.

I saw Page make a guest appearance with Robert Plant at Madison Square Garden just before or after the Honeydrippers album(somewhere in the early 80's). Scott Muni, a legendary NY DJ, introduced Robert Plant to the audience, and made a crack about a big Zeppelin floating around outside. Page did not come on until the encore, and they did some Blues Jams I was not familiar with. Great to see them together, but a bummer no Zeppelin was played.

Hi tohmss,

I believe your referring to an encore jam with Robert Plant at Brendan Byrne Arena (Meadowlands) in New Jersey on Tue, July 23rd 1985. Robert was joined by Brian

Setzer, Paul Schaefer and Bob Mayo on 'Honey Hush' during the show. Jimmy came

on for the encore and they performed 'Mean Woman Blues' and 'Treat Her Right'.

I have a complete audience recording of this concert.

The jam with Robert was a week or so after Live Aid, and happened because Jimmy

was still in the area with his gear. On July 16 & 17 he'd gone to visit The Rolling Stones working on their 'Dirty Work' album at Right Track Recording at 168 West 38th Street. Jimmy's contributed to the track 'One Hit to The Body'.

Scott Muni is legendary, and Jimmy had spent a day in his radio studio with him on

June 9th 1977. Jimmy also granted an interview to Scott via telephone from England

to promote his 'Outrider' album. That interview aired on July 16th 1988. I have both

of these interviews in my archive.

Scott Muni is legendary, and Jimmy had spent a day in his radio studio with him on

June 9th 1977.

I guess this must be what Richard Neer writes about in his book "FM The Rise and Fall of Rock Radio:

"Muni interviewed Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin one afternoon and was stunned when the colorful guitarist collapsed onto the floor in mid-sentence. Scott quickly put a record on and rushed to the musician's aid. No harm was done- Page had been out partying for days on end and had merely fallen asleep while talking with Scottso. They placed the guest microphone on the floor, and Page did the remainder of the interview from a supine position."

• 2 weeks later...
Did Jimmy Tour with Puff Daddy? I read this in german wikipedia..... Or was it just one performance??

No, however...

On May 9th 1998 at NBC Studios in New York Jimmy and Puff Daddy were musical guests on the American comedy show 'Saturday Night Live'. Jimmy performed a passage of 'Over The Hills And Far Away' offscreen as accompaniment for host David Duchovnoy's opening skit. Later in the telecast he performed 'Come With Me' with Puff Daddy.

Jimmy left for tour rehearsals at the Civic Center in Pensacola, FL but returned to NYC on May 18th.

That same day, he and Puff Daddy were guests on the 'MTV Live' telecast with host Carson Daly.

He and Puff Daddy also held a press conference to promote their collaboration at Planet Hollywood

before attending the world premier of 'Godzilla' at Madison Square Garden. The North American leg of Page/Plant's Walking into Everywhere tour opened in Pensacola the next night.

On April 8, 2000 Jimmy was to have joined Puff Daddy onstage for a jam at Wembley Arena but Puff Daddy had to cancel this concert that same day as a result of legal troubles in America.

No, however...

On May 9th 1998 at NBC Studios in New York Jimmy and Puff Daddy were musical guests on the American comedy show 'Saturday Night Live'. Jimmy performed a passage of 'Over The Hills And Far Away' offscreen as accompaniment for host David Duchovnoy's opening skit. Later in the telecast he performed 'Come With Me' with Puff Daddy.

Jimmy left for tour rehearsals at the Civic Center in Pensacola, FL but returned to NYC on May 18th.

That same day, he and Puff Daddy were guests on the 'MTV Live' telecast with host Carson Daly.

He and Puff Daddy also held a press conference to promote their collaboration at Planet Hollywood

before attending the world premier of 'Godzilla' at Madison Square Garden. The North American leg of Page/Plant's Walking into Everywhere tour opened in Pensacola the next night.

On April 8, 2000 Jimmy was to have joined Puff Daddy onstage for a jam at Wembley Arena but Puff Daddy had to cancel this concert that same day as a result of legal troubles in America.

Ok. Thanky you Steve for the information!

Here are some that perhaps have been mentioned;( my apologies for repetition)

Jimmy and Robert with Bad Company, LA Forum May '76 playing "I Just Wanna Make Love To You"

As mentioned in '74 at Quaglino's in St.James Place, Jimmy and John Bonham joined Steven Stills, Neil Young and Tim DRummond on "Vampire Blues"

September '77 Page and Woods at the Half Moon, Plumpton

May '82 Page and Plant onstage with Foreigner in Munich playing "Lucille"

Question for SAJ or anyone else who may know. - Did Page play with Elton John somewhere or contribute to something Davey Johnstone was doing? Maybe Nigel Ollson !!! (grasping at straws)

Archived