Keith Richards "Slated" the Led Zeppelin Reunion

mstork

What's your proof?

Listen to any live Stones show and tell me one great Keith solo...GREAT WRITER...but not a guitar god like Page, Hendrix, etc. Trust me, I love KR but I get tired of the certain people can't be dissed on here yet others can be trashed (a lot of people say don't trash Keith yet they trash Clapton when he put down Zep)

Listen to any live Stones show and tell me one great Keith solo...GREAT WRITER...but not a guitar god like Page, Hendrix, etc. Trust me, I love KR but I get tired of the certain people can't be dissed on here yet others can be trashed (a lot of people say don't trash Keith yet they trash Clapton when he put down Zep)

I love Clapton. You have to get used to the fact that a lot of people like to get on Clapton's case. It just happens. But he honestly doesn't give a damn anyway.

Keith has never claimed to be a guitar god. He's a great rhythm guitarist plain and simple, and has come up with some classic riffs.

It's just his usual flippant attitude; I don't take it seriously. This is what happens when you get too many proud stallions parked in the corral inbetween tours. I just pet the horse and humor him; give him an apple and a sugar cube and he'll be fine.

B)

Love it, great metaphor!

I'm not a big Stones fan but you can't argue with the fact that some of the stuff they have written are timeless classics.

KR isn't your typical lead guitarist but his riffs do stand up for themselves.

Personally I am definitely a Jimmy Page man above all others and its not just about his riffs, I think about his production, his ideas as a guitarist B)

• 4 years later...

The fact that Robert has always shit on the Stones is it any wonder that Keith would have something to say? I like the Stones but they played second fiddle to the Beatles in the 60's, and of course to Zeppelin in the 70's. My guess is Keith is annoyed that his music although great, was never at Zeppelin levels.

The fact that Robert has always shit on the Stones is it any wonder that Keith would have something to say? I like the Stones but they played second fiddle to the Beatles in the 60's, and of course to Zeppelin in the 70's. My guess is Keith is annoyed that his music although great, was never at Zeppelin levels.

The Stones and Zep's popularity were the same in the 70's.

Everyone can have an opinion I give Keith credit for proving he can perform on Walking Dead every week and tour for infinite years...zombie rock will always have its place...just sarcasm...whatever I dont care if the theater is full on the 17th or I am the only one(2 of us) there...and...Mick jagger can always be remembered for the somewhat unsettling video w/ Bowie...an 80's love fest between the 2

This was a benefit gig and memorial for Keef's old friend Ahmet. Not sure why he'd put down a one-off show that was for one of his mentors and friends. It's fine for him to put their music down and all, but the reasons behind the reunion show were for Ahmet.

Led Zep were better at doing everything themselves and did things the Stones would never have done. The time they spent in France working on "Exile", Led Zeppelin would've had a triple album finished, all new songs. The Stones didn't finish Exile until they finished in LA.

Okay, what does it mean if Keith Richards "slated" the Led Zeppelin reunion? I feel like a dummy asking, maybe it's a Brit expression? This is a tease of an upcoming interview in Uncut magazine...

Keith article

If Keef was taking a shot at the reunion gig I am sure it would be in fun. After reading his book and watching the guy for all these years you can tell he is a pretty easy going guy who likes to have a laugh. He has always liked Jimmy Page and even got him to play a solo on one of the Stones records. That doesn;t happen very often with other guitar players. He's Keef Richards. I'm sure he was having a laugh about it.

This was a benefit gig and memorial for Keef's old friend Ahmet. Not sure why he'd put down a one-off show that was for one of his mentors and friends. It's fine for him to put their music down and all, but the reasons behind the reunion show were for Ahmet.

Keith didn't put it down, just expressed disinterest. He was asked by a journalist about a month or so after the event to comment on it and he said "They had one? Well, well done Jimmy and Robert...'Stairway To Heaven' don't make it for me, baby."

Of all the threads to come back from the dead...it should have been left in peace. Keef was taking the piss...that is all. Nothing to see here, move along.

Nah, fuck Keef - the guy always had a chip on his shoulder about Zeppelin.

Archived