I wanna greet Jimmy Page

555lucajonas

I would like to greet Jimmy as I was his driver during the last tour in 1980.

I provided with a team of friends transportation from Frankfurt to Mannheim where I had John Bonham in my Mercedes.

After we reached Mannheim I took care of Jimmy for the next two days in Mannheim and thereafter I took him to the next stop Munich as he didn't like to take any other transportation.

I stayed for another two days before going back to Mannheim. It was the greatest experience I ever had with all the backstage we were allowed to join.

I enjoyed it so much.

Good luck with your next concert and hope your finger heals asap.

I provided with a team of friends transportation from Frankfurt to Mannheim where I had John Bonham in my Mercedes.

After we reached Mannheim I took care of Jimmy for the next two days in Mannheim and thereafter I took him to the next stop Munich as he didn't like to take any other transportation.

I stayed for another two days before going back to Mannheim. It was the greatest experience I ever had with all the backstage we were allowed to join.

I enjoyed it so much.

Those are kind sentiments, "driver".

He stayed at The Steigenberger Hotel (now known as Mannheimer Hof hotel), just across from the Wasserturm. You left for Munich with him the day after the rest of

the band had gone, arriving at the Munich Hilton around 4pm. Gig at Olympiahalle

that night. So, does this jog more memories for you?

He stayed at The Steigenberger Hotel (now known as Mannheimer Hof hotel), just across from the Wasserturm. You left for Munich with him the day after the rest of

the band had gone, arriving at the Munich Hilton around 4pm. Gig at Olympiahalle

I can answer yes, yes, yes. After the gig we went to a nightclub in munich. Forgot the name.

Thats spooky information there Mr Jones. Were you following behind in a taxi to be so presise? :D

:blink:

Wow,...Gee...do you think the 'driver' knows what happened well enough ? That really was an interesting post.

Well, driver, it sounds like you had such a wonderful memorable time and you kept this memory in your heart and cherished it for years to come. Maybe, Jim will catch your kind regards here. Wonderful of you to drop in !

You can be assured, I know exactly what happend. To be around for 5 days wasn't bad at all.

Driver,

In Frankfurt, do you recall anything at all about the night club called Cookies? There was a party there after the gig with Ahmet Ertegun and Siggy Loch, Managing Director of WEA Germany.

In Munich, Jimmy stayed on the 8th floor of the Munich Hilton, and came down for the

post-concert reception in the hotel bar. Is that the "club" in Munich to which you refer or did you go out again on the day off in Munich (Sun) before they all left for Berlin?

No, not at all. I like to think I know a thing or two about that particular guitar player.

yes but to have the exact time of arrival can sound a bit anoracky ;)

so which of all the 1980 shows you went to stood out 4 you?

yes but to have the exact time of arrival can sound a bit anoracky ;)

so which of all the 1980 shows you went to stood out 4 you?

The time of arrival is relevant. He was in a car all day and had just

a few hours to get ready for that night's performance, whereas the

rest of the band had arrived the day before.

The time of arrival is relevant. He was in a car all day and had just

a few hours to get ready for that night's performance, whereas the

rest of the band had arrived the day before.

Well I gathered it was relevent :blink: You were just so precise in your timing thats all.

:huh:

:o

You're that kid from "Almost Famous".

That's always a good sign!! :lol: :lol:

Great read mate, glad you have some great memories. It's nice for me to read about such things.

We stayed at the Hilton in Munich. I looked pretty tired after the concert( watching the groopies :P ). At the club we had to show only the backstage pass to get inside. I forgot how long I stayed.

The next day I was ready getting back to Mannheim and I got some records from Jimmy's manager and shirts with the autographs. When I got home my girlfriends brother was begging me to give him the records as presents. Stupid me, I did. Of course that girl disappeared out of my life a little later.

I made some good money for the five days and a great experience which drove me and my friends nuts for weeks.

The manager gave me his contact adress in the southwestern tip of the UK, but i never got back to him.

There's more in the back of my mind, but that's history!!

NB.John B. drank a couple of bottles of coke when I was taking him from Frankfurt to Mannheim. He didn't like me driving faster than 180km/h.

I enjoyed it so much.

I believe that Lori Maddox had the same experience . . . :lol:

I had John Bonham in my Mercedes.

I enjoyed it so much. :D

Archived