The Rover

A few more I thought of...

Rocky I-IV

Swingers

Jaws

Die Hard

Alien & Aliens

Karate Kid

I forgot Swingers! One of the great guy movies of all time. :D Any guy who hasn't seen it should check it out. Essential.

C'mon Spats, they do a lot of approaching in that movie, and pursue a lot of girls. Are you sure you're down with that?

I can relate to the Jon Favreau character because he is going through a slump through most of the movie and is not successful with the approaching. I can't relate to the Vince Vaughn character but i have friends that are like him.

The Wizard of Oz (those monkeys still frighten me)

THOSE NASTY F*CKING MONKEYS ! ! !

No Shit ! ! When those Monkey coae flying to attack Dorothy and her pals.... I suspected that some sodomizing was going on...

POOR TOTO ! !

Those flying monkeys, and clowns, give me the major creeps too :unsure: I think my clowns thing may have come from an X Files episode; I know my irrational fear of drywall stilts definitely came from one. :blink:

Those flying monkeys, and clowns, give me the major creeps too :unsure: I think my clowns thing may have come from an X Files episode; I know my irrational fear of drywall stilts definitely came from one. :blink:

Would you be a fellow X-Phile? :wave: I feel the same way about drywall stilts for the same reason!

That's the first time I saw Pruitt Taylor Vince, he was definitely creepy in that, a good character actor.

Also, that episode was written by Vince Gilligan, who is now producing "Breaking Bad" on AMC, another great show.

(Sorry for the off-topic.)

I bought all 4 of the X-Files "Mythology" box sets, and am watching them now. I didn't mind the "monster of the week" episodes, but I was always more interested in the main story arc. So when I saw they released just those in box set form, I was all over it.

I bought all 4 of the X-Files "Mythology" box sets, and am watching them now. I didn't mind the "monster of the week" episodes, but I was always more interested in the main story arc. So when I saw they released just those in box set form, I was all over it.

I will have to look for that. Patiently waiting for the next movie, though that's also supposed to be Monster of the Week... there were some great ones, though.

PM if you want to discuss... I can always talk X-Files... I'm like Mulder, a stealth geek.

:)

Thought of another movie that's fun to watch on the odd Saturday:

B00003CXC0.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

GIMME SHELTER the documentary with a plot.

The Altamont Raceway in 2005Altamont.jpg

I missed the concert (Thank God) but have been to some of the races there.

Hotter 'n hell there in summer.

B)

• 2 years later...

Bump

Created a duplicate thread (my bad) might as well bring back the original one with all the posts.

Here are some of mine:

Dazed & Confused

The Warriors

The Godfather Part I and II

Dumb and Dumber

Jeremiah Johnson

Rambo: First Blood

Cheech & Chong: Up In Smoke

Scarface

Friday

La Bamba

Movies I still watch when on TV, even if I have them on DVD:

- Steel Magnolias

- Constant Gardener

- Amistad

- Shawshank Redemption

- Far And Away

- Legends Of The Fall

- Point Break

- Vertical Limit

- Quigley Down Under

- lots of classic thrillers: Conspiration Theory, The Net, Sleeping With The Enemy

- lots of classic SF: Gattaca, Minority Report, Matrix (I), 12 Monkeys, Total Recall

- the'40's - '60's musicals and Dysney classic cartoons

plus lots I forgot about

Archived