The current state of rock and roll

JethroTull

If you're using American Idle as a barometer for the "current state of rock n' roll" that would be your first mistake right there.

Agreed. That show does not represent rock music, nor does it really try to. Sure, they have a few "rock" singers, but the only reason for them is to potentially garner a larger audience. They aim to do exactly what we all know they do, market a singer in a form that actually brings in money and them have them put out albums with the image they've shaped for them during the show. It's a very good business model, even if it's shamelessly inartistic.

What am I supposed to do? Sit around and listen to alt. country?

that's good.... i listen, and watch the same shit over, and over. tv gets worse and worse. i hate reality tv. the talent show's are the worst. for me.. i see no hope for great bands to come like zep and tull. so i sit and argue with guys like you. and oh by the way, the current state of rock Really sucks......

i see no hope for great bands to come like zep and tull. so i sit and argue with guys like you. and oh by the way, the current state of rock Really sucks......

There's plenty of great rock n' roll out there but you're not going to find it on TV or commercial radio.

If you're using American Idle as a barometer for the "current state of rock n' roll" that would be your first mistake right there.

I TOTALLY concur!!! I wonder how the hell the likes of Ted Nugent got on that CRAPPY show!! :)

Exactly. You gotta dig deep to find good stuff nowadays. It's gone more underground now.

Actually with the advent of the internet and stuff like satellite radio you don't really have to dig that deep at all, it's everywhere and much more accessible than ever.

Actually with the advent of the internet and stuff like satellite radio you don't really have to dig that deep at all, it's everywhere and much more accessible than ever.

What I meant was it's not going to come out and bite you on the ass on radio or MTV. That's what I meant, but we're on the same page.

Led Zeppelin rules. So many pretenders out ther now. Cant play an instrument. Really play it. Just BS. Beethoven and Mozart have now worries either. The old stuff is the best stuff. The new stuff sucks.

Led Zeppelin rules. So many pretenders out ther now. Cant play an instrument. Really play it. Just BS. Beethoven and Mozart have now worries either. The old stuff is the best stuff. The new stuff sucks.

Just how much of the "new stuff" have you actually even heard? It may not be to your liking but I've had no trouble finding new music that kicks ass as long as I've been listening to music. If people are just looking as far as commercial radio and/or the so called "music" channels (which are more "reality" programming these days than anything else) they're going to have to make more of an effort than that.

Just how much of the "new stuff" have you actually even heard? It may not be to your liking but I've had no trouble finding new music that kicks ass as long as I've been listening to music. If people are just looking as far as commercial radio and/or the so called "music" channels (which are more "reality" programming these days than anything else) they're going to have to make more of an effort than that.

You know Jahfin, I have not agreed with you that often or seen eye to eye with you. I will give you credit though. Your musical knowledge is far beyond most other members. I have been around for a long time and have seen many a concert. As have you. But I think the old stuff was better. But I will give you credit for your wisdom of music and what is out there. I just dont like the new age. I am forever in the 70s.

That's right, you've posted about a number of bands that I've since checked out. If you think about it, most of what is today called "Classic Rock" was marketed with very little airplay. Maybe the problem for us is that there's just so much music out there and some of us, have a lot less time to spend listening to it