surprising news

t4406pk

I was listenin to some old Blues Artists on 'Blues DeLuxe' and comments were made that Zep used another's songs (incl. The Lemon Song) some, word for word. Seems Zep took credit where maybe it wasn't due. I like Zep & I know what respect is, and that could change if I find plagiarism....... Tim

everybody was doing that in the late 60's everybody was doing that. they never tried

to fool anyone. when their first album came out if you heard 'you shook me' and didn't know it was a reinterpretation you must have been living under a failed bluesman's bed in idaho. bluesman were all the rage red ones green ones short ones tall ones be the cool kid on your block be the first to collect them all.

everybody was doing that in the late 60's everybody was doing that. they never tried

to fool anyone. when their first album came out if you heard 'you shook me' and didn't know it was a reinterpretation you must have been living under a failed bluesman's bed in idaho. bluesman were all the rage red ones green ones short ones tall ones be the cool kid on your block be the first to collect them all.

especially since You Shook Me is credited to Willie Dixon on the album itself. :wacko::lol: It was'nt just blues they took from. Folk as well. I'm all for borrowing, but at least give partial credit to your sources. (they at least redeemed themselves in the changes in the credits on the newer releases compared to the original. I am in the thinking that had Traveling Riverside Blues been on Zep II instead of the Lemon Song, they would probably have still solely credited themselves for it.....as Robert Johson was yet to be a household name....that would'nt be until the boxed set came out.

I have said it before, they did steal like alot of people do but they created something new from it !! it wsn't just a straight rip off !! Anyhow nobody but Zep could have come up with things like Kashmir and Achilles !! orchestral composers, Kraftwerk and many others all borrow/steal and are influenced by stuff before them !!

I have said it before, they did steal like alot of people do but they created something new from it !! it wsn't just a straight rip off !! Anyhow nobody but Zep could have come up with things like Kashmir and Achilles !! orchestral composers, Kraftwerk and many others all borrow/steal and are influenced by stuff before them !!

agree completely.

Zep never said that they didn't rip off anyone. The fact that they did rip peole off is openly discussed. If you want to not like someone because they ripped off someone else you are very limited in your choices. And if you chose to not like Zep for that fact then that is sad.

Or you can see it like this: You thought the music was good before you knew if was ripped off, it shouldn't sound any different after you knew it was ripped off. It's the exact same music.

Even the true Blues guys and girls borrowed lyrics and music from each other w/o giving credit to the original artists.

Muddy, Buddy, Sonny Boy, Wolf, Blind Willie, Koko Taylor, etc. They all created a chain of blues and roots music and along the way they begged, borrowed, and stole in order to create their sound.

It's all a cry from the Soul - and Zeppelin was no different.

They heard the Call and responded in their own way - even when borrowing from different Blues artists.

Look at the great Stevie Ray Vaughn - he borrowed and played lots of old blues tunes. So did Clapton - lots of so-called famous blues players of our day did.

Thing is - give credit where credit is due.

A number of old blues boy's have stated that they're own careers benefited because bands like the Stones ,Cream and Led Zeppelin were introducing a whole new generation to the blues

I was listenin to some old Blues Artists on 'Blues DeLuxe' and comments were made that Zep used another's songs (incl. The Lemon Song) some, word for word. Seems Zep took credit where maybe it wasn't due. I like Zep & I know what respect is, and that could change if I find plagiarism....... Tim

In the very beginning of their fame, yes that was true, but since they have fixed it and have given credit where credit is due.

Oh brother. Not another one! I suppose next you'll "discover" Taurus and Stairway.

Try to relax and enjoy what they have provided us. :whistling:

Archived