Your Encomium II Wishlist?

First off, hello everyone. I'm 15 and my name is Mike, and I've loved Led Zeppelin as long as I can remember, primarily thanks to my father. Most of the people these days have lost their appreciation for good music, but rather turning to what's cool to listen to rather than what they want to listen to. My generation isn't musically inclined, at all (check my signature). That same thing happened in the nineties, but the gods of rock (at the time) grouped together and made Zeppelin popular again, via Encromium. I think this must be done again.

What is your wishlist for Encromium II (if it ever comes out)? Please have a minimum of 8 songs and a maximum of 12, and try and stay with bands that are popular now. Mine is...

1. In My Time of Dying - Tool

2. Black Dog - Fergie (I heard she did a very good cover of this once)

3. Whole Lotta Love - Queens of the Stone Age

4. Communication Breakdown - Muse

5. Trampled Underfoot - Finger Eleven (Paralyzer sounds a lot like TUF, actually)

6. Achilles Last Stand - Dream Theater

7. The Rain Song - Rihanna (just listen to the real song and replace Plant's vocals with her's <3)

8. Dazed and Confused - Radiohead

What is your wishlist?

Edit: Maybe this should be moved to polls. Sorry.

There will never be an Encomium II because the market has been flooded with Zep tribute albums since the original Encomium (50+ by my count).

There are already over 1800 released covers of Led Zeppelin songs. I don't think the world is demanding more of them.

There will never be an Encomium II because the market has been flooded with Zep tribute albums since the original Encomium (50+ by my count).

There are already over 1800 released covers of Led Zeppelin songs. I don't think the world is demanding more of them.

Thank you for missing the entire point of this thread.

First off, hello everyone. I'm 15 and my name is Mike, and I've loved Led Zeppelin as long as I can remember, primarily thanks to my father. Most of the people these days have lost their appreciation for good music, but rather turning to what's cool to listen to rather than what they want to listen to. My generation isn't musically inclined, at all (check my signature). That same thing happened in the nineties, but the gods of rock (at the time) grouped together and made Zeppelin popular again, via Encromium. I think this must be done again.

What is your wishlist for Encromium II (if it ever comes out)? Please have a minimum of 8 songs and a maximum of 12, and try and stay with bands that are popular now. Mine is...

1. In My Time of Dying - Tool

2. Black Dog - Fergie (I heard she did a very good cover of this once)

3. Whole Lotta Love - Queens of the Stone Age

4. Communication Breakdown - Muse

5. Trampled Underfoot - Finger Eleven (Paralyzer sounds a lot like TUF, actually)

6. Achilles Last Stand - Dream Theater

7. The Rain Song - Rihanna (just listen to the real song and replace Plant's vocals with her's <3)

8. Dazed and Confused - Radiohead

What is your wishlist?

Edit: Maybe this should be moved to polls. Sorry.

you know, I have never heard of this Encromium before. I guess i am showing my age (that being 37). but, to be honest, I am not sure I would want to hear any of those artists attempt LZ songs. i would like to add, however, that i applaud your great taste in music at such a young age, especially i THIS day and age. your father did you a huge favor. ;)

you know, I have never heard of this Encromium before. I guess i am showing my age (that being 37). but, to be honest, I am not sure I would want to hear any of those artists attempt LZ songs. i would like to add, however, that i applaud your great taste in music at such a young age, especially i THIS day and age. your father did you a huge favor. ;)

Thanks :D It feels pretty lonely being the only person in my school who loves Zeppelin.

Welcome to the board. I have the Encomium video and I love the 4 Non Blondes on Misty Mountain. As far as an Encomium II, dude I dont think I could have made a better list. I just think I would like to have Tool do two songs - have you heard their No Quarter? As far as there being tons of tributes out, that is true but they are nothing tributes. That list that you put together is now and rocking, all those bands have something to say - The hip Hop tribute to Zeppelin did not. Nice post.

Welcome to the board. I have the Encomium video and I love the 4 Non Blondes on Misty Mountain. As far as an Encomium II, dude I dont think I could have made a better list. I just think I would like to have Tool do two songs - have you heard their No Quarter? As far as there being tons of tributes out, that is true but they are nothing tributes. That list that you put together is now and rocking, all those bands have something to say - The hip Hop tribute to Zeppelin did not. Nice post.

Yes, Tool's No Quarter is fantastic (but I'm not to keen on the vocals, the metallic voice sucks the emotion out kind of).

Wait, there was a hip-hop tribute? The only hip-hip "tributes" to Zeppelin I've heard are samples like Come with Me (P. Diddy) and Me Love (Sean Kingston).

The Rover Acoustic - Stone Temple Pilots ( If they are still around?)

Jennings Farm Blues - Blues Traveler

Stairway To Heaven from the solo on - Dave Matthews Band(They did just that and it was really cool)

When The Levee Breaks- Daft Punk and Kanye West

Carouselambra- Tool (In My time of Dying will do)

I not going to rack my brain over this so im done. I thought the first Encomiun sucked just becasue Sheryl "Im a cum dumpster" crowe was on it. But at least no one played the exact same song like godsmack did with Good times, Bad Times. I thinking all these artist will do there own take on it.

The Rover Acoustic - Stone Temple Pilots ( If they are still around?)

Jennings Farm Blues - Blues Traveler

Stairway To Heaven from the solo on - Dave Matthews Band(They did just that and it was really cool)

When The Levee Breaks- Daft Punk and Kanye West

Carouselambra- Tool (In My time of Dying will do)

I not going to rack my brain over this so im done. I thought the first Encomiun sucked just becasue Sheryl "Im a cum dumpster" crowe was on it. But at least no one played the exact same song like godsmack did with Good times, Bad Times. I thinking all these artist will do there own take on it.

Oh come on. Crowe's D'yer Mak'er is ten times better than Sean "IMMA SAMPLE ZEPLIN LOLZ" Kingston's bastardization.

I'd like to hear Bob Dylan singing 'The Crunge,' only because The Crunge is the only Zep tune I don't like (just the vocals really, the funk guitar is cool though).

And because I absolutely can't stand Dylan. Never have, never will.

HipHopTributetoLedZeppelin.jpg

I dont really remember much from this cd but I think the Ocean was kinda cool. It was various artists dont remember the names.

Kashmir

The Ocean

Trampled Under Foot

Whole Lotta Love

What is and What Should Never Be

Good Times Bad Times

Black Dog

Misty Mountain Hop

Immigrant Song

In the Evening

Google hip hop tribute to Led Zeppelin and click the Amazon site - they have free samples you can check out from the cd. Oh, and I thought Crowes Dyer Maker video was hot - nice cut off jeans.

HipHopTributetoLedZeppelin.jpg

I dont really remember much from this cd but I think the Ocean was kinda cool. It was various artists dont remember the names.

Kashmir

The Ocean

Trampled Under Foot

Whole Lotta Love

What is and What Should Never Be

Good Times Bad Times

Black Dog

Misty Mountain Hop

Immigrant Song

In the Evening

Google hip hop tribute to Led Zeppelin and click the Amazon site - they have free samples you can check out from the cd.

That ruined my day. Terrible.

Maybe these aren't really "new" artists but I'd be interested in hearing-

John Mayer - SIBLY, I'm Gonna Crawl and Tea for One

Black Label Society - Anything Zakk picks

Robert Plant & Alison Krause - Battle of Evermore

I'm not a big fan of covers, but I'm always willing to listen.

Since this post I have been going threw my player - I must have every Zep tribute made! Most are crap but there are some good ones. Heres a few, definitely worth checking out:

Black label Society STH

Chris Cornell Thank You

Dave Matthews Tangerine

Tesla The Ocean

Audio Slave/ Maynard James Kashmir

Train Ramble On

Zakk Wylde Going to California

And some really metal covers:

Angra Kashmir

Primal Fear The Rover

Grave Digger No Quarter

Axxis Good Times Bad Times

White Skull STH

Anno Daemonicus Immigrant Song

Post Mortem The Ocean

Doxomedon Living Loving Maid

Malamor Out on the Tiles

Assisted Sorrow Achilles Last Stand

On a metal tribute to Zep there is a great cover of Black Dog but I dont know who it is. The guitar is note on, even the solo.

I liked the idea of -the song retains the name...unknown bands doing led zep songs. the enconium thing was pretty good...but i never listen to it now. The problem is when a band or an artist gets known and has an identity of their own, sometimes it just doesnt work on a zeppelin song. But i'm sure someone will come along and record a cover of a led zep song one day and it'll be a popular song in the charts, maybe.

Archived