Robert's Hair

Roxie

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I like John Freida but it's expensive. I have better things to spend my money on.

It's funny what boredom can do for one... Having read just about all the present threads I decided to poke my head in this one... knowing full well what to expect but... boredom leads us to these bizarre forays every now and then. Anyway... point being, as one of a dying breed... male, long hair... :D I have actually found some interesting tidbits in here and some product I am going to try out.

My hair is long and naturally curly and more often then not I opt for the ponytail... :D thanks to you ladies and your crazy love affair for Robert and his hair I may have found some stuff that will work for me!

So... here's to the Golden God and his Lion Mane. Thanks for the tip ladies!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The guy to his right is BP Fallon. The others...lucky fans?!

robertplant142.jpg

You bet lucky, whoever the chick in this pic is, she's pretty happy, and look where her hand is on Robert's hip.

P.S. Mr. Plant , if you ever read this, Baby, if I was her I'd still be hagging on and you could not peel me off, LOL!

The man is beautiful in every possible way. wub.gif

Edited by blackhillswoman

• 2 weeks later...

robertplant142.jpg

You bet lucky, whoever the chick in this pic is, she's pretty happy, and look where her hand is on Robert's hip.

P.S. Mr. Plant , if you ever read this, Baby, if I was her I'd still be hagging on and you could not peel me off, LOL!

The man is beautiful in every possible way. :wub:

his expression is so dreamy :wub:

• 1 year later...

I know this is a photo thread, but I thought this quote from Robert in GQ belonged here: GQ: After all these years, how on earth have you managed to keep your hair like that?

Robert Plant: Well, I don't know. We could be quite serious about it. I just have been very lucky. My mother was a gypsy, and she had a lot of dark blood in her, and her hair was very, very thick—she couldn't even get a brush through it. So I have been very fortunate. And every time I go to cut it off, hairdressers refuse to do it.

GQ: You have Samson moments where you're: "Begone with it!"?

Robert Plant: Well, thinking about being a teacher, it's just one token too many. But it's great. I realize that I am typecast, but not saddened by it. Whenever I feel in doubt I play some David Crosby song. You know that song "Almost Cut My Hair": "just the other day...it's getting kind of long, I could have said it was in my way...but I'm not giving in...I'm going to let my freak flag fly." When I walk through an airport now with my friends I'm proud that it didn't happen, that I kept it going, and I still feel a lot of the attachments to that whole period and era. So I'm not a sad old hippie—I'm a joyous old hippie, I suppose.

I know this is a photo thread, but I thought this quote from Robert in GQ belonged here: GQ: After all these years, how on earth have you managed to keep your hair like that?

Robert Plant: Well, I don't know. We could be quite serious about it. I just have been very lucky. My mother was a gypsy, and she had a lot of dark blood in her, and her hair was very, very thick—she couldn't even get a brush through it. So I have been very fortunate. And every time I go to cut it off, hairdressers refuse to do it.

GQ: You have Samson moments where you're: "Begone with it!"?

Robert Plant: Well, thinking about being a teacher, it's just one token too many. But it's great. I realize that I am typecast, but not saddened by it. Whenever I feel in doubt I play some David Crosby song. You know that song "Almost Cut My Hair": "just the other day...it's getting kind of long, I could have said it was in my way...but I'm not giving in...I'm going to let my freak flag fly." When I walk through an airport now with my friends I'm proud that it didn't happen, that I kept it going, and I still feel a lot of the attachments to that whole period and era. So I'm not a sad old hippie—I'm a joyous old hippie, I suppose.

i didn't realize that about his mother, it's a wonder he is so fair! maybe his dad had blonde hair.

• 1 year later...

A glorious, curly blond mane and he knows how to work it. For all that Plant's iconic hair makes him look like a free spirit, it probably takes a fair amount of maintenance. Curly hair is dryer and more fragile than straight hair. It's also more prone to frizz when it's wet or humid.

• 1 month later...

Superb hair shot! I'll admit it: I'm a hair whore. I love guys with long hair, especially if it's wavy or has some curl to it. It just makes me just want to run my hands through it. Very, very sexy :drool: !

post-24991-0-07586300-1365739258_thumb.j

Edited by Honeydrip79

Robert's hair in '73 is my favourite.

I'm proud to say I got thick wavy/curly long hair past my shoulders haha. Not quite like The Man himself though!!

I actually originally grew it out because of Robert and Jimmy.

Edited by JLee93

I'm torn between his Royal Albert Hall concert hair in 1970 and his Earl's Court concert hair in 1975. His 1970 hair looks straighter as if he washed it, set it with very large, hard plastic hair rollers then got under a hair dryer. It's part in the middle and more or less the same length all the way around. Lots of rock musicians wore their hair this long but few (if any) could match Plant for the sheer volume of his hair back then. That hair was as authoritative and awe-inspiring as his voice. It announced to the rock world, "I'M HERE!"

In the Earl's Court footage, his hair is a mass of golden blond ringlets that frequently obscures face. I used to wonder why Roger Daltrey and Brian May, who also had long, curly hair managed to keep it out of their eyes when they performed unlike Robert. Then I realized their respective hair cuts probably made the difference. Daltrey and May's manes were part of their public personas but it wasn't part of their stage acts. They didn't "work" their hair the way Robert does.