Robert's Hair

Roxie

At 45 I have kept my hair but now I keep it short, it is just too much of a hassle taking care of long hair. How Robert spends the time to manage it is beyond me, if my hair takes longer than two minutes post-shower I get it cut shorter.

Kudos to Robert though, the man obviously has more patience than I.

Oh, and regarding the infamous "bulge." I heard Mick Jagger and several other rock stars used to "enhance" their attributes with a vegetable or other faux cockmeat. Has any groupie ever come forward to confirm that the bulge is all natural Robert or was he placing a sedated squirrel and two golf balls in his knickers?

Sagittarius rising: According to the groupie site, groupiedirt.com (which I'm sure is totally scientific and official...LOL): "Robert Plant has earned high praise as a lover and he has a huge penis (reportedly almost 10 inches). According to groupies who've had the pleasure of intimate encounters with Mr. Plant, he is a kinder, gentler version of Jimmy Page. Robert is playful, flirtatious, and treats most groupies with respect. We also hear that Robert finds it a turn-on when women fawn all over his golden locks. Robert is damn proud that he still has a lot of hair, unlike many of his peers who are rapidly losing theirs!"

Don't know if all that is true or not, but that's what they say....

Ok, so this thread is about Robert's hair and my question is, and I apologise if it has been talked about prior, but is Robert's hair originally curly and then was permed from time to time throughout his career?

I've always wondered from the really early photos to all the different hair variations he has had along the way?

I am not a hair expert except that I have some of my own. Anyone have an idea?

cheers y'all....Fishy

It is naturally curly as seen with his teenage pics - though it looked pretty thick (as if you couldn't get a darn comb through it. Oy)

I'm sure he must have tinkered with hair products during Zep's heydey (and later) - I believe some groupies' accounts relate to Plant (and Page) spending so much time on it.

But alas, I am not a hair expert either. Maybe someone else will have a better answer for you.

It is naturally curly as seen with his teenage pics - though it looked pretty thick (as if you couldn't get a darn comb through it. Oy)

I'm sure he must have tinkered with hair products during Zep's heydey (and later) - I believe some groupies' accounts relate to Plant (and Page) spending so much time on it.

But alas, I am not a hair expert either. Maybe someone else will have a better answer for you.

thanks for the reply PP. It's kinda weird for me to now sound like a hairdresser, not that there is anything wrong with that, but some shots of him had tight curls, long straightish wave and then ringletty curls throughout the years......i know my hair does pretty much one thing...maybe two if i jam my finger into the socket , but I wonder how he was able to have all those different looks....maybe I will put together a collage to get my thoughts across.....cheers to ya....Fishy

I tend to agree with what's said above..curly hair is so sensitive and needs quite a bit of attention, but I wouldn't think for one minute that he had a perm once in his life..I just think that throughout the years his hair has gone more curly..but it's always been kinda thick and wavy..you can see it on pics from the BOJ days and even pics from his school years. Like in the 1972 Japan pics his hair is quite straight simply because he combed it..if he didn't his hair was all fluffy and curly..and dude, that man has A LOT of hair as you can see on recent pics too..´men at his age dream of hair like this^^

Believe me, beautiful hair like this is NOT the result of a hairdresser^^

That hair is so gorgeous,I am 52 and most of the guys have no hair,my husband has a ton of hair,it is longer and goes in ringlets,my kids tell him he is lucky as a lot of people his age don't have a 10th of his hair

I tend to agree with what's said above..curly hair is so sensitive and needs quite a bit of attention, but I wouldn't think for one minute that he had a perm once in his life..I just think that throughout the years his hair has gone more curly..but it's always been kinda thick and wavy..you can see it on pics from the BOJ days and even pics from his school years. Like in the 1972 Japan pics his hair is quite straight simply because he combed it..if he didn't his hair was all fluffy and curly..and dude, that man has A LOT of hair as you can see on recent pics too..´men at his age dream of hair like this^^

Believe me, beautiful hair like this is NOT the result of a hairdresser^^

GQ: After all these years, how on earth have you managed to keep your hair like that?
Robert Plant:
Well, I don't know. We could be quite serious about it. I just have been very lucky. My mother was a gypsy, and she had a lot of dark blood in her, and her hair was very, very thick—she couldn't even get a brush through it. So I have been very fortunate. And every time I go to cut it off, hairdressers refuse to do it.

So, maybe his mother was a gypsy then, and that why he has all his curly hair?

GQ: After all these years, how on earth have you managed to keep your hair like that?

Robert Plant: Well, I don't know. We could be quite serious about it. I just have been very lucky. My mother was a gypsy, and she had a lot of dark blood in her, and her hair was very, very thick—she couldn't even get a brush through it. So I have been very fortunate. And every time I go to cut it off, hairdressers refuse to do it.

Thanks for the link! Would love to see a picture of his mom...or even his dad! So we can thank them both for producing such a fine specimen.

very neat,I wish there were pics of them too

Robert Plant:
Well, I don't know. We could be quite serious about it. I just have been very lucky. My mother was a gypsy, and she had a lot of dark blood in her, and her hair was very, very thick—she couldn't even get a brush through it. So I have been very fortunate. And every time I go to cut it off, hairdressers refuse to do it.

Sagittarius rising: According to the groupie site, groupiedirt.com (which I'm sure is totally scientific and official...LOL): "Robert Plant has earned high praise as a lover and he has a huge penis (reportedly almost 10 inches). According to groupies who've had the pleasure of intimate encounters with Mr. Plant, he is a kinder, gentler version of Jimmy Page. Robert is playful, flirtatious, and treats most groupies with respect. We also hear that Robert finds it a turn-on when women fawn all over his golden locks. Robert is damn proud that he still has a lot of hair, unlike many of his peers who are rapidly losing theirs!"

Don't know if all that is true or not, but that's what they say....

I knew my baby wasn't a stuffer. :wub:

thanks for the reply PP. It's kinda weird for me to now sound like a hairdresser, not that there is anything wrong with that, but some shots of him had tight curls, long straightish wave and then ringletty curls throughout the years......i know my hair does pretty much one thing...maybe two if i jam my finger into the socket , but I wonder how he was able to have all those different looks....maybe I will put together a collage to get my thoughts across.....cheers to ya....Fishy

When I was a kid (back in the 70s), my friends who had long, curly hair used to wash it and set it on hard, very large plastic rollers they called 'orange juice cans' in order to straighten it. I'm also reminded of Roger Daltrey's appearance on an American talk show a few years back. The interviewer asked him about his hair and he told her it was naturally curly. During the early days of The Who, he used to borrow his sister's Dippity Do to get his hair to lay flat before gigs.

I wonder if part of rock music's appeal to young British rockers of that era is that it gave them an excuse to expend more time and energy on their appearance than was normally considered acceptable for young men.