Bonnaroo

allthekingshorses

Bonnaroo  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been to Bonnaroo? Would you do it again?

• Yes, I'd go again.
    • No, I don't like big festivals.
    • No, but I would like to go.
    • Yes, but once is enough.

Let's talk about Bonnaroo.......I'm just curious how was your experience at Bonnaroo? Do you camp when you go? Do you just go for 1 day? This festival sounds great but, the camping with all those other people sounds really dirty to me. Are their hotels? Two of my favorite artists ever are playing there... the first obvious one is of course our Robert Plant and the other one being Jack Johnson.

So, have you been there? What was it like, would you go again and how old are you?

Thanks.

ATKH

It's funny how the newer generation complains about missing out on stuff like Woodstock and the big festivals of the time but they find camping out at Bonnaroo to be "dirty". Well, I've never been to Bonnaroo but I have been to my fair share of festivals over the years. Yes, there are hotels near Bonnaroo but camping is also a huge part of the experience.

It's funny how the newer generation complains about missing out on stuff like Woodstock and the big festivals of the time but they find camping out at Bonnaroo to be "dirty". Well, I've never been to Bonnaroo but I have been to my fair share of festivals over the years. Yes, there are hotels near Bonnaroo but camping is also a huge part of the experience.

I love camping, just not with that many people.

Thanks for your comments.

For those of you who have camped, how it is? Pros and cons?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I'm planning on going to Bonnaroo for the first time. This would be about an 800 mile drive, we'd be camping, and we've already signed as volunteers. I'm excited about this, but a little apprehensive, too, coz I'm old, damnit! I'd be going with 2 19 year olds and am hoping to relive a little of my misspent youth at this festival. I'm also hoping to see the Allman Brothers - get healthy, Greg! Quick!

I'd REALLY, REALLY appreciate it if anybody who has been there would post their thoughts - good, bad or otherwise. As well as any inside advice.

Archived