Zepography

McSeven

Has anyone been to any of the places that Led Zep recorded and vacationed. For example. The PG apt bldg in New York. I have been close to that area when I was there in 2005.

What about Headley Grange, Bron-Y-Aur cottage etc. Wales in genreal?

Any thoughts, feelings, impressions you get from the places where you go, I see where they got the inspiration for songs?

Mc7

I was in the UK 4 years ago playing Cricket and regret not having know more about the various locations I could have visited. I certainly would have made a tube trip over to Tower House when I was in London, and probably could have made a detour to Bonham's grave and other landmarks. I hope to one day go back and do it.

Has anyone been to any of the places that Led Zep recorded and vacationed. For example. The PG apt bldg in New York. I have been close to that area when I was there in 2005.

Any thoughts, feelings, impressions you get from the places where you go, I see where they got the inspiration for songs?

Mc7

Just three among many locales in Wales I've visited that I'll mention is Clearwell Castle, Chepstow Castle and of course Raglan Castle.

Clearwell Castle

There's a long winding drive you must take from the roadway to the actual castle. I was struck by how isolated from it's surroundings it was and could easily understand why it

was an ideal place for them to regroup in '78. The majestic Tintern Abbey is not too far

away.

Chepstow Castle

I'd read of Robert's affinity for and connections to this area while he was living in Monmouth. I toured Chepstow Castle which overlooks the riverfront. It was in the

Autumn and the leaves were changing colors in the sunlight.

Raglan Castle

Arguably my ultimate Robert Plant-inspired pilgrimmage. I'd spent the weekend touring

Wales and it culminated with a beautiful sunlit, blue-sky day here. I trod on the cobble

stones where he had the sword fight, ascended up the staircase (blonde unavailable)

and surveyed the castle walls. The best thing was I had the castle to myself so all

of my photographs were taken completely undisturbed by tourists.

Mc7

Was in St Marks, Manhattan last fall and ended up before the two buildings that are portrayed on the cover of PG. Kind of a tight street, u have to think the photographer must´ve been inside a window on the other side of the street to take the picture.

the sight hasn´t changed much:)

off topic: in the same street used to be the DOM where in the 1966/67 Andy Warhol held his superstar shows & screenings to a live soundtrack of The Velvet Underground. what a walk of R&R history.

Archived