Commentary on Plant Says NO to Zep Reunion

SteveAJones

When did Terry Reid die?! This is news to me. Last I heard he's still alive and performing.

I was thinking today that it's to bad Terry Reid passed away- because maybe this time around Jimmy would've have gotten what he wanted the first time.

Nobody said Pink Floyd was selfish when they reunited for one show. Heck, they didn't do one full show as Zeppelin did. So are David Gilmour and Roger Waters selfish? Heck no. It is not worth it to see a band if they're not into it. If Robert didn't want to do it, then I wouldn't want him to do it.

That's not quite right.

Roger Waters is extremely keen for Pink Floyd to reform and tour, so are Wright and Mason, it's David Gilmour who keeps saying no...

That's not quite right.

Roger Waters is extremely keen for Pink Floyd to reform and tour, so are Wright and Mason, it's David Gilmour who keeps saying no...

all these english guys are like big babies from plant to gilmour beatles there all big babies who cares about them frigg em

Truthfully I did not get to see them in the 70's, all i have is vids and the movie TSRTS. Lets be honest here, if they were to tour and when I go to the concert I'm not going to delude myself and expect to see the great Zeppelin like they were in the 70's. But still all in all it would be a dream come true just being in the same venue as they are. I can live with what live performances I have on tape,CD and PC. Would love to see them do all the numbers not done live before. Also want to see Jason get down on a little solo roll, but to expect the Zepp that once was is absolutely insane. And if they were to go at one of their classic live cuts (dazed n confused, sth, ocean, whole lotta love) I just close me eyes and see them nail them like never before, Keep your expectations in the today, but let your heart, soul and imagination drift back in time as you revel in their greatness

dont u understand these english guys are big babies plant gilmour the beattles townsend there all babies we dont care if they tour frigg em lokk at springsteen billy joel aerosmith even kiss

That's not quite right.

That's not the point. I still haven't heard anybody saying that they're selfish.

dont u understand these english guys are big babies plant gilmour the beattles townsend there all babies we dont care if they tour frigg em lokk at springsteen billy joel aerosmith even kiss

It is interesting that all the big reunion sagas are British acts: Zeppelin, Cream, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, The Police. Whereas if a band breaks up in America, they either stay broke up or get back together after a few years (Aerosmith, Kiss). Or, in the case of ZZ Top, they've remained together since the Stone Ages, and will probably be together when the Four Horsemen come.

That's not quite right.

It's true it's Gilmour who has no interest in reviving the Floyd brand name, however should he choose to do so Roger Waters would potentially have no say in this given that he left the band in 1985. I can't see them touring again - Gilmour was pretty reluctant to do his (in comparison) low key solo tour in 2006.

That's not the point. I still haven't heard anybody saying that they're selfish.

There's plenty of that going on over at the Floyd boards. People seem to think they've got an absolute right to see these bands play live, even if they no longer exist...

I think the biggest shame of it NOT happening, is the fact that they sounded so good and are still able to pull it off at such a high level. And with multiple shows under their belts, the performance can only get better. I can see if they no longer sounded good, but these boys still "got it". I just wish that "it" could be reawakened for one more go 'round.

I was thinking today that it's to bad Terry Reid passed away- because maybe this time around Jimmy would've have gotten what he wanted the first time.

I've always said that its quite telling that - despite being alive and well - Jimmy didn't go running to Terry Reid to suggest they work together after the demise of Zeppelin. He could easily have "gotten what he wanted the first time" any time since - clearly, he didn't want it as much as he wanted to work with Robert. Terry was indeed his first choice - but that was before he had ever heard Robert.

I can't believe I'm still reading "selfish Robert" posts. It's you people saying that that are selfish. You think you deserve something from him. Who the hell are you? "Oh my, I'm a big Zeppelin fan! They should ignore what moves them to move me!". What a crock of shit! Led Zeppelin reunited to honor Ahmet, and in the course of doing so, proved to the world that the legend wasn't all hype. It was real. A wonderful closure. Now while you keep whinging on about what you think you have coming to you, I'll be whipping out the Visa to see Robert and Allison, and awaiting whatever Page and Jonesy have brewing on their collective burners. Good luck waving your fists, I'll be waving my lighter! :beer:

I can't believe I'm still reading "selfish Robert" posts. It's you people saying that that are selfish. You think you deserve something from him. Who the hell are you? "Oh my, I'm a big Zeppelin fan! They should ignore what moves them to move me!". What a crock of shit! Led Zeppelin reunited to honor Ahmet, and in the course of doing so, proved to the world that the legend wasn't all hype. It was real. A wonderful closure. Now while you keep whinging on about what you think you have coming to you, I'll be whipping out the Visa to see Robert and Allison, and awaiting whatever Page and Jonesy have brewing on their collective burners. Good luck waving your fists, I'll be waving my lighter! :beer:

I'll be waving my lighter in Stockholm 16th May !!! :D

BTW thanks again Ev.

I'll be waving my lighter in Stockholm 16th May !!! :D

BTW thanks again Ev.

Glad to hear it! I saw Robert with Alison on TV a few weeks ago. You're in for a great night! :D

And to those who belittle Alison, SHAME on you! During her career she has won 21 Grammy Awards—more than any other female artist and tied for seventh-most among all artists—along with numerous other awards.

Robert's no fool. B)

Have a great night in Cardiff my friend! I'm still waiting for tix to go onsale in LA. I was told it was supposed to be Monday, but the Greek's website doesn't even list the date. Truth be told, I'm a little worried I may have missed out. :(

I too am looking forward to seeing RP & AK in May and I certainly don't bare her any ill will but if his thoughts don't turn to LZ afterwards he'll be letting us all down (whether you think so or not! :hysterical: ).

Yeah, it's a bitch letting down a quarter billion people, but who gets left out? You can't please a tenth of the planet. So why should I be chosen, or my city? Or yours? Someone's gonna be pissed. Someone's gonna be left out. It's inevitable. Maybe there should be a test! :lol:

*Sarcasm Alert*

Yeah, it's a bitch letting down a quarter billion people, but who gets left out? You can't please a tenth of the planet. So why should I be chosen, or my city? Or yours? Someone's gonna be pissed. Someone's gonna be left out. It's inevitable. Maybe there should be a test! :lol:

*Sarcasm Alert*

Everybody is entitled to their opinion...that being said, I would love to see them and will hope until they are 65 for a tour! I watched the 02 show again last night, was blown away again, and I'm ok with it if they are done there, as long as they RELEASE A PROFESSIONALLY DONE BY JIMMY DVD!!!!!!

I really wanted to see Robert and Alison when they play in Santa Barbara - but, unfortunately when they announced the date it didn't mesh with our calendar (we'll be out of the country) :-(

Also, Ev has it right in saying what a talent Alison is. We LOVE Sister Rosetta off the new CD. I'm envious of all you that are getting to go to see the two of them (and Ev I hope the Greek works out for you! we'll keep our fingers crossed)

I too am looking forward to seeing RP & AK in May and I certainly don't bare her any ill will but if his thoughts don't turn to LZ afterwards he'll be letting us all down (whether you think so or not! :hysterical: ).

Speak for yourself.

Have a great night in Cardiff my friend! I'm still waiting for tix to go onsale in LA. I was told it was supposed to be Monday, but the Greek's website doesn't even list the date. Truth be told, I'm a little worried I may have missed out. :(

You haven't......:)

Presale or regular sale Monday???

It is interesting that all the big reunion sagas are British acts: Zeppelin, Cream, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, The Police. Whereas if a band breaks up in America, they either stay broke up or get back together after a few years (Aerosmith, Kiss). Or, in the case of ZZ Top, they've remained together since the Stone Ages, and will probably be together when the Four Horsemen come.
it took cream 40 years beatles never didit if they neened the money they would have

Archived