The Spats Thread

Mattmc1973

Actually, in Idaho, if you move into any home, regardless of whether you are married, related or just shacking up, if you are a resident of the home, no one can tell you to leave.

My mom learned that when she tried to kick her husband out of her house. The law covers anyone who may have had a verbal agreement to live in a residence at one point or another.

BUT, I moved into Dave's apartment. Nine months later, we bought our house.+

BTW, I meant to add this:

I think spats is a psychologist conducting an instense study on how humans try to help other humans out even if it's clear that they do not want to change. #lol#

(ahh....I know who it is....I'm going to have to fly on over to the West Midlands and clobber them!)

What specifically are you asking if i think i am right on? Everything?

I think there are people that agree with me on a lot of things. So am i really that outnumbered. I have got messaged from some people here that agree with me but don't want it publically known.

You are asking good questions. I will have to think about it.The most important thing is that i am happy. I don't know if all of my views will make me happy in the end. But will going agains what i believe and doing things i don't want to do make me happy? I don't think i can be happy doing whatever it takes to make them happy and to forget about myself and not do what is right for me or what i like to do.

I don't know. I will have to think about that. Those are good questions.

I still think the large majority of people think you're wrong.

But anyway, thanks for being a good-sport anywho.

As for the "I am happy." thing...coulda fooled me. Sound kind of miserable to me (no offense) :lol:

Ha, you're a little bit Seinfeldian, you know ;)

Yeah okay some partners can be a bit overly smothering,

But you're not just doing everything she wants, the two of you have to reach a compromise or agreement. You do some of the things she wants, she does some of the things you want.

The thing with women is that they can tell pretty quickly if you're into the relationship or not. Having a girlfriend is not like having a male buddy. You can't come and go as you please, you can't say "yeah I'll ring you tonight honey" and then you don't. Women severly get the shits with that. Your male best friend may not care, or may not even notice that you didn't ring. But your girlfriend will notice. And if it starts to happen often, she'll start thinking "he's not really into me" and then she'll dump you

I mean, your first night in the apartment together, I mean come on man, you don't kiss her on the cheek and go "see ya later honey, I'm going out with the boys. Don't wait up" she's gonna then be sitting there in an apartment that she's just moved into to be with her boyfriend, only to find on her first night there, she's on her own. She would've been thinking "wow...I think i just made a big fucking mistake".

She's moved in with you, so obviously you asked her to move in with you, and the first night she moves in, you piss off with the boys...To a girl, that's a bad sign! It sends signals that you don't really care.

Maybe you don't want a girlfriend, but a mother or a sister or something. Someone who just keeps the home-fires burning, so you can go out, live your life and do all the things you want to do, then come home to someone who's going to take care of you.

I agree that you do have to make a few compromises. There are some i will make and some i won't. That's the same with anyone. There are some you will and some you won't.

I also agree that girlfriends or potential girlfriends have a neediness and clingyness that your buddies won't ever have. And needy and clingy are NOT cool. There have been plenty of times when i haven't called when i said i would call or didn't return their calls right away. A buddy wouldn't mind but the girl would get annoyed or upset. It's weird. Because that stuff would not upset me.

The first night being together in my place was not a big deal to me. It was to her. And i think that was silly. Can't help it. I just find it silly that they would make a big deal out of that. There are more important things in life than that. And the guys would have made fun of me and if i gave and agreed to spend that night at home. I wouldn't want to look whipped.

I didn't really ask her to move in with me. I had never done that before and thought it could be cool and i would get even more playtime for obvious reasons. It was sort of a mutual idea. But i didn't ask her to move in.

I am definately not looking for a woman to take care of me. I am independant as it comes and wouldn't feel comfortable being taken care of. And i am not going to take care of any girlfriend. It's not her responsibility for either one to take care of the other.

I suppose that'd be okay, but I wouldn't be all offended if he didn't. If a guy was overly smooth like that, I might get a little suspicious as to his intentions for the end of the date.....as in "WHY are you being so nice to me??"

Bonnie is cool. :D

I imagine if Spats went ballroom dancing he would expect the woman to lead. Or better yet, they would take turns.

Ballroom dancing? :o:o No girl would be able to get me to ballroom dance. She would be dancing alone. :D

He would expect the woman to do EVERYTHING. Poor bastard has no chance in hell.

You are exaggerating. I don't expect them to do everything. I just expect them to do more than they normally do. :D

Actually, in Idaho, if you move into any home, regardless of whether you are married, related or just shacking up, if you are a resident of the home, no one can tell you to leave.

My mom learned that when she tried to kick her husband out of her house. The law covers anyone who may have had a verbal agreement to live in a residence at one point or another.

BUT, I moved into Dave's apartment. Nine months later, we bought our house.+

BTW, I meant to add this:

I think spats is a psychologist conducting an instense study on how humans try to help other humans out even if it's clear that they do not want to change. #lol#

(ahh....I know who it is....I'm going to have to fly on over to the West Midlands and clobber them!)

Thank god those rules don't apply in Toronto. (i don't think anyways). That would have been horrible if when i asked her to move out that she could have refused. Being that it was my apartment. :o

And what happened when you first moved in? what was his attitude?

I still think the large majority of people think you're wrong.

But anyway, thanks for being a good-sport anywho.

As for the "I am happy." thing...coulda fooled me. Sound kind of miserable to me (no offense) :lol:

I can see why some women think i am wrong but i don't understand and am disappointed that there are some guys that think i am wrong.

I didn't mean that i am happy. What i meant was that the most important thing to me is that i am happy and getting what i desire. That's the most important thing to me.

Spats, I'm really going to try and be "real" or "black and white". Not every girl is princess-y. I don't want someone who follows me and fawns over me. I am very independent and don't need a guy's help for everything. I like to have time to me when I don't need or want anyone around me. I have my own life, just like everyone else does. Not every girl is like that. Maybe instead of meeting girls at clubs, you should try a more laid back place. Like the park, or at a music store, but somewhere else. Look for girls who don't look high maintence. Or high dollar. Just look for those who aren't loaded up with make up or designer clothes. (Not that all girls who wear that stuff are)

There is this girl at the Pizza Pizza that me and some buddies go to who i think is really hot. But i don't know how you would hook up with a girl that way. it's just not the right atmosphere. <_<

Archived