The Spats Thread

Mattmc1973

What was so bad about my behavior? By making a joke about the national anthem and replaciing the words? Ally thought it was funny. Had no problem with him. Im getting out of this thread. Babs, if you read this, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I'm not gonna get into this with you

It's done, drop it.

See spats, life could be much, much worse

This thread is so that he quits hijacking other threads to discuss his lovelife or lack thereof. So this thread was created for him to bitch, whine and kvetch. And if he had a problem with it, we would have stopped a long, LONG time ago. I think he gets a perverse thrill out of it, and who am I to stop someone from being happy?

To be fair i don't think i hijacked anything. Any time i have talked about my crappy lovelife it was in a thread having to do with relationships, love, what attracts you to the opposite sex, etc. It was on topic. I never did it in a thread about politics or music or whatever.

I like to hear the advice. I like some of it and and have taken some of it (like giving my number out) and some of it is too unrealistic for me. But i appreciate it. It's a little harder for me to take the advice from women here because most of them cannot relate to what i am going through because they are rarely ever risking rejection.

Well, I am a woman, but I see your point....all of my friends are dudes for that exact reason :rolleyes:

Slim pickings on the guy side too though, I must say....I've been single for quite a while myself.

Sorry about that Moloko. :D

To be fair i don't think i hijacked anything. Any time i have talked about my crappy lovelife it was in a thread having to do with relationships, love, what attracts you to the opposite sex, etc. It was on topic. I never did it in a thread about politics or music or whatever.

I like to hear the advice. I like some of it and and have taken some of it (like giving my number out) and some of it is too unrealistic for me. But i appreciate it. It's a little harder for me to take the advice from women here because most of them cannot relate to what i am going through because they are rarely ever risking rejection.

He has some valid points here folks, and you all know it.

Spats, to a certain extent I know what you are going through. I've had issues and so has everyone else. I know from personal experience that a negative attitude about them does not make you more attractive to the opposite sex. A sense of humor is a good asset. As far as taking advice from women goes, keep in mind that many of them have insecurities about their appearance and do not feel that they can "measure up" to the standards set by models and movie stars. I think you should take a better look at what is in front of you and listen to them.

My post wasn't directed at you, Liz, nor at anyone in particular. Having said that,.. I do appreciate your sardonic wit, and I think you're intelligent enuf to know the differnce between laughing at someone and laughing with them, and I'm sure you appreciate the fact that no one really likes to be laughed at. I'm sure I hope we'll all exercise good judgment and compassion in how we go about teasing (and offering guidance to) The Dateless Wonder,.. that's all I'm sayin. B)

cheers. :beer:

oh,.. and thanks for the "welcome back, Hermit!".

I appreciate it, dear. :P

:D

Keep giving out that number, spats! :thumbsup: Don't lose heart,

buddy,.. you're bound to get a call back one of these days!! :cheer:

[of course, your real challenge will begin when you do get

that call,.. but hey, lets take it one baby step at a time, eh? ;) ]

It's two girls in a row now that i haven't heard back from. It's not fun. It's somewhat easier getting rejected this way than face to face but it's still not a fun time. I come and check messages and it's just my buddies leaving messages. It makes you not enthusiastic to do it again this weekend.

It should be no problem when/if i get the call as long as she plays her cards right.

He has some valid points here folks, and you all know it.

Spats, to a certain extent I know what you are going through. I've had issues and so has everyone else. I know from personal experience that a negative attitude about them does not make you more attractive to the opposite sex. A sense of humor is a good asset. As far as taking advice from women goes, keep in mind that many of them have insecurities about their appearance and do not feel that they can "measure up" to the standards set by models and movie stars. I think you should take a better look at what is in front of you and listen to them.

But i can 't find anything funny about it. Nothing positive about it. If my negative attitude is not attractive to women then so be it. The Women that i come across out there are part of the reason i have a "negative attitude".

But how are women's insecurities that they can't live up to models or movie star women looks affect me? What do you mean i should take a better look at what is front me of me and listen to them? Women in general?

Tell ya what, Spats. I've thought this over-seriously-and here's your problem.

You are only interested in a "good looking" girl, right? I mean, she has to be exceptional to get your attention. BUT, here's the caveat- women who look that good intimidate you. Am I on the right track here?

So here's my advice. Find a really pleasant to talk to girl. Someone you really enjoy just hanging out with. Someone FUN. And if she has all her teeth and her boobs extend further than her belly....

Nail 'er, sailor! ;)

It should be no problem when/if i get the call as long as she plays her cards right.

You see now, spats,.. therein lies one of your major problems. You've got it all backwards, muh-man. You're the desperate one, remember? It's not she who has to play her cards right,.. its YOU who has to play YOUR cards right. (not that you like game playing anyway, though, right? :whistling: )

For a guy in your situation, I think Rock's advise is quite good.

Forget playing cards, perhaps just lower your standards a wee bit.

Teeth: check.

Bigguns (real ones): check.

Willing: check.

Bang her senseless! :thumbsup:

:beer:

You see now, spats,.. therein lies one of your major problems. You've got it all backwards, muh-man. You're the desperate one, remember? It's not she who has to play her cards right,.. its YOU who has to play YOUR cards right. (not that you like game playing anyway, though, right? :whistling: )

Bang her senseless! :thumbsup:UnCheck

I suck at girls, I'm absolutely horrible at it. but i can tell you one thing,never lower your standards for a girl you might want to marry or at least be with for more then 2 weeks., if your looking for ass, lower away. it's like buying a new car. A lemon may be easier to get, but it's gonna bite you in the ass. there are some things you can look away from, but only you can decide. Rock advice will work, but i rather sit home by myself, then doing something i don't wanna do, with somebody i don't wanna be with. but then again, i suck at girls, so maybe do the opposite.

Spats it's too bad you don't like playing below the belt, I could tell you about a couple things you can do while your down there that would have your lover flopping around like a fish in a boat, only you may not like the way they look while quivering and moaning.

Good luck bro. B)

A new study suggests that guys who offer to help a girl with the housework will get layed more often. :)

Suggested pick-up line: "Want me to hoover your carpet?"

Thank me later. B)

spats doesnt do carpets,.. remember?

foreplay.jpg

But I bet he'd look real sexy cute in a housemaid apron and pumps. :D

Tell ya what, Spats. I've thought this over-seriously-and here's your problem.

You are only interested in a "good looking" girl, right? I mean, she has to be exceptional to get your attention. BUT, here's the caveat- women who look that good intimidate you. Am I on the right track here?

So here's my advice. Find a really pleasant to talk to girl. Someone you really enjoy just hanging out with. Someone FUN. And if she has all her teeth and her boobs extend further than her belly....

Nail 'er, sailor! ;)

I don't think i am intimidated by pretty women. All my exes were pretty. But let's face it, pretty women are harder to get. They are more in demand.

So you think i should settle for a more average looking girl? I have never done that before. Have you settled before and did you enjoy it? I don't know if i would be able to have a good time if i knew i was settling. I think i would feel like i was failing or something. I guess anything is possible but i i don't if know i would be able to enjoy myself.

Bang her senseless! :thumbsup:

I guess you are right. If she doesn't do the proper things i should just let it pass for now. That girl was really pretty. But it doesn't look like she is gonna call now anyways. It's been almost a week.

I agree with you they should have nice teeth and good sized boobies and of course be willing but i have to add on in good shape and nice face. I can't let those pass.

I don't think i am intimidated by pretty women. All my exes were pretty. But let's face it, pretty women are harder to get. They are more in demand.

So you think i should settle for a more average looking girl? I have never done that before. Have you settled before and did you enjoy it? I don't know if i would be able to have a good time if i knew i was settling. I think i would feel like i was failing or something. I guess anything is possible but i i don't if know i would be able to enjoy myself.

I don't think it's "settling" to get together with a girl that doesn't look like a fake cookie-cutter model. What's in her heart and head is more important. Average looks are fine by me. I'm just average myself, so what's the big deal? My rule of thumb:

Is she kind spirited? Is she FUN to be around? Does she have a great sense of humor? Is she NOT materialistic? Does she have common sense? Does she take care of herself? Do we have a lot of common interests? If all the above check out OK, we're good.

Does she look like a movie star? WHO GIVES A RAT FUCK?

I guess you are right. If she doesn't do the proper things i should just let it pass for now. That girl was really pretty. But it doesn't look like she is gonna call now anyways. It's been almost a week.

I agree with you they should have nice teeth and good sized boobies and of course be willing but i have to add on in good shape and nice face. I can let those pass.

See, why would you want to let good qualities like that go. T and A.

I don't think it's "settling" to get together with a girl that doesn't look like a fake cookie-cutter model. What's in her heart and head is more important. Average looks are fine by me. I'm just average myself, so what's the big deal? My rule of thumb:

Is she kind spirited? Is she FUN to be around? Does she have a great sense of humor? Is she NOT materialistic? Does she have common sense? Does she take care of herself? Do we have a lot of common interests? If all the above check out OK, we're good.

Does she look like a movie star? WHO GIVES A RAT FUCK?

Well we are almost in line with wanting the same things.

-I don't like fake looking women either.

- I want a nice girl

- I want one who is fun.

- I want a girl with a good sense of humor. But i have found it really hard to find a girl who laughs at the same things i do.

- I want a girl with common sense. Again this is very hard to find.

- I want a girl who takes care of herself and is in good shape.

- I don't want a materialistic girl either. But again it's hard to find a girl like that.

- I want a girl who i have stuff in common with as well.

I guess whether her face is pretty or not is where we disagree.

How old are you by the way if you don't mind me asking?

Spats it's too bad you don't like playing below the belt, I could tell you about a couple things you can do while your down there that would have your lover flopping around like a fish in a boat, only you may not like the way they look while quivering and moaning.

Good luck bro. B)

If it was a woman on Sienna Miller or Eva Mendes level i would consider going downtown but other than that.....no.

Archived