Licensing for video games?

MisterMcLov1n

Well, there's this game called Rock Band. It's sold millions of copies, and is selling millions of download songs. There will never be a sequel to Rock Band since 3 new songs are released every week for download. Here's a link if you want more information. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_band_(video_game)

It contains master tracks by The Who (the Who licensed the entire Who's Next album which will be available soon), KISS, Deep Purple, and the Rolling Stones (there's 58 songs in the game, but those are the biggest names). Led Zeppelin is the most requested band to appear in Rock Band, but Jimmy and Robert are known to be very iffy about licensing in fear of "selling out." How they could "sell out" by licensing songs to video games is beyond me.

Now, let's say that Harmonix (the masterminds behind Guitar Hero and rock Band) accquired the rights to some songs by Zeppelin. Master tracks are only usable if the vocals, lead guiar, rhythm guitar, bass, keyboard, and every seperate drum (snare, cymbal etc) have their own track. Which albums by Led Zeppelin have been recorded this way? If a master is not usable, they must use a cover recorded by Harmonixes in-house music studio, which has happened to Rush, Iron Maiden and Aerosmith in Rock Band, with the results being not very good (Number of the Beast and Limelight were atrocious, the rest were ok). NOBODY wants a cover of Led Zeppelin, so that's why I ask you this.

i really really really hope they dont put zeppelin on it caseu if they do it could possibly be "immigrant song" and then everybody will atomatcally asume they are zeppelin fans because they like "immigrant song" though its the only song they know and they like to play the drums for it on rock band...now im not saying that everybody does this but probably over half do...ZEPPELIN IF YOU READ THIS DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT LET THEM PUT A SONG OF YOURS ON ROCK BAND

i really really really hope they dont put zeppelin on it caseu if they do it could possibly be "immigrant song" and then everybody will atomatcally asume they are zeppelin fans because they like "immigrant song" though its the only song they know and they like to play the drums for it on rock band...now im not saying that everybody does this but probably over half do...ZEPPELIN IF YOU READ THIS DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT LET THEM PUT A SONG OF YOURS ON ROCK BAND

:rolleyes:

First, off learn to spell. Second, if HMX ever got the rights to a Zep song, it wouldn't be Immigrant song. It would probably be Black Dog or Dazed and Confused. Third, everybody I know loves the Immigrant song and would love for it to be in Rock Band. And finally, any Zeppelin song is a good choice (except for HOtRH)

And you didn't even answer my question.

Actually, I think it's possible. For years, they wouldn't let their music be used in anything, movies, commercials...nothing. In recent years, they've started allowing their music in movies (Almost Famous) and commercials (Cadillac). So they've been moving in that direction. Plus I think Jimmy will be keen to turn on younger generations to Zeppelin, and video games is one way to do that.

:rolleyes:

First, off learn to spell. Second, if HMX ever got the rights to a Zep song, it wouldn't be Immigrant song. It would probably be Black Dog or Dazed and Confused. Third, everybody I know loves the Immigrant song and would love for it to be in Rock Band. And finally, any Zeppelin song is a good choice (except for HOtRH)

And you didn't even answer my question.

calm down crazy...and i wasnt trying to answer the question

and i never said i didnt love the the immigrant song

Archived