a Son's 18th B/Day wants Robert Plant's autograph.

Hi all,

newbie to the Forum but not to Led Zep (thank the Lord they got me into Blues Rock, instead of FM Rock).

I have an 17yr old son who lives a distance from me and is a big Zep fan (guess what his name is yep Robert after you know who) :D

Anyway for his 18th (in April) I would like to get him an autograph from Rob to Rob so to speak. I live less than 10miles from Rob's home but am not sure of his exact address to be able to knock and ask him to fulfill my sons dream. I totally appreciate people deserve their privacy and have seen Rob plenty of times in the past locally, where the caves are, the Robin and the town where the town clock stands out (2 clues for Black Country folk).

But not recently, must have been too busy playing that concert and making a great album with the delightful Alison Krauss.

Anyway if any site administrators or you folks can help please message privately, and I'm a Black Country bloke so Mr Plant can trust me, even if I am a Baggies fan. :D

All the best

Nige

Well, thanks for the info, but.................... :hysterical:

Ta for the encouragement 'Hotplant'. Nice to know there are a few yampy Yanks out they'r. I doh believe in giyin in just as thankfully Led Zep didn't when they came up against problems.

'Keep on believing, never let the truth be hidden, always be there for your partner and kids and your life will be worthwhile'

Nige

:D

Ta for the encouragement 'Hotplant'. Nice to know there are a few yampy Yanks out they'r. I doh believe in giyin in just as thankfully Led Zep didn't when they came up against problems.

'Keep on believing, never let the truth be hidden, always be there for your partner and kids and your life will be worthwhile'

Nige

:D

He must have a lawyer or like was said before an agency. I think unfortunily you would have to be filthy rich and bye your way to the info needed. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

i think it is really sweet of you to try to fulfill your son's dream like that. lots of parents would just laugh. i know my parents think its hilarious that i like zep, since they were popular in their time. but i would try to contact his people, or check eBay for autographed items.

Hi all,

newbie to the Forum but not to Led Zep (thank the Lord they got me into Blues Rock, instead of FM Rock).

I have an 17yr old son who lives a distance from me and is a big Zep fan (guess what his name is yep Robert after you know who) :D

Anyway for his 18th (in April) I would like to get him an autograph from Rob to Rob so to speak. I live less than 10miles from Rob's home but am not sure of his exact address to be able to knock and ask him to fulfill my sons dream. I totally appreciate people deserve their privacy and have seen Rob plenty of times in the past locally, where the caves are, the Robin and the town where the town clock stands out (2 clues for Black Country folk).

But not recently, must have been too busy playing that concert and making a great album with the delightful Alison Krauss.

Anyway if any site administrators or you folks can help please message privately, and I'm a Black Country bloke so Mr Plant can trust me, even if I am a Baggies fan. :D

All the best

Nige

what a nice thing to do for your son!

do tell us if it came to fruition.

BTW, I named my 21 year old after him too B)

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately due to family circumstances, mine not Robert Plant's, I was unable to get the autograph.

But will keep it in mind and try to get it in the future. Any success and I will let the Forum know.

All the best

Nige

i think it is really sweet of you to try to fulfill your son's dream like that. lots of parents would just laugh. i know my parents think its hilarious that i like zep, since they were popular in their time. but i would try to contact his people, or check eBay for autographed items.

Thanks for the kind words and advice.

IMO parents should try thinking back to their own youth a bit more and remembering not just how they were but how their friends and other teens once were.

I was from 16 onwards a Rocker/Biker (although my next door neighbours when I was a teen thought I was a Hells Angel, I wasnt). As the song says 'I drank my wine and smoked my stuff' (not when out riding though) but didnt attack old ladies, minorities etc. Just chased a few Mods and Skins as The Who's classic film 'Quadrophenia' was a big influence on us back then.

But we all grow up to some degree. I now look back with nostalgia on my youth and thank the Lord my parents gave me the freedom and knowledge to enjoy life, not to judge by appearances and take responsibility for my actions.

Cheers

Nige

what a nice thing to do for your son!

do tell us if it came to fruition.

BTW, I named my 21 year old after him too B)

My soon to be 21 year old eldest son is named Richard. No, not after 'Richie Cunningham' on 'Happy Days' :D .

But, Richard 'Coeur de Lion', who while an absent King of England, was one of the greatest warriors of his time. I also wanted a link to my family's Norman/English roots (12th Century) and didnt like the name William or other Norman options.

Robert, my youngest was named after Robert Plant and also 'Robert The Bruce'. As my then other half was Scots and like me a Led Zep fan with Rob Plant being a hero and 'The Bruce' epitomising the patience and strength of Scotland, Robert was chosen.

If I ever have a third son he will be called Αλέξανδρος AKA Alexander, because he will be Great :D .

Cheers

Nige

Good luck Nige! And I mean that sincerely. I stand with many fans who think treading on his property is disrespectful, and I appreciate you feel same (not that it's my place to decide. Just saying.). It's one thing to cross his path in public (like at a pub)..but yeah, a certain member of the forum posted pics of himself at the bloody front door of his farm! As if it was a fucking tourist stop. Shameless and selfish. So rude.

I hope your young one gets his wish. I'm also cheered that you've instilled upon your boy a love of Zeppelin. Not that I really matter. I'm just another bloke. But it does give me a smile. Cheers! :beer:

Cheers,

your support is much appreciated. I would never trespass on anyone's property, after all, I would not like to have a stranger on my front door or in my home.

Although, I actually have 2 sons (the eldest has been a Zep fan since he was a toddler must have been all that Led Zep in the car when his mom was pregnant. I brainwashed him :D ) and my 2nd wife is falling more and more for the magic of Led Zep and 'Raising Sand'.

Must say though in reply to

'Not that I really matter. I'm just another bloke'.

None of us are just another bloke or girl, we are all in our own ways cabable of making this world a better place for all, therefore we all matter, we just have to try.

All the best

Nige

An eternal optimist.

Archived