Jethro Tull

claudia

It is time for a new topic now - forget the last topic - it is not worth still thinking about it - it is over.

Beside Led Zeppelin I am a huge fan of Jethro Tull and Ian Anderson too. I like them soooo much and listen to them very often - one of my favourite albums is "Thick as a brick" - but I like all the others too of course!

I love it when Ian Anderson plays his flute - absolutely wonderful and fantastic!!! And the man has a big appeal, normally I don't like men with beards, but I love the beard of Ian and most of all I like the way he speaks, wonderful... and he has a pretty face!!! so if anybody knows him, tell him that I want to meet him and spend some hours with him :rolleyes:

61ian.gif

ian1.jpg

tull_03.jpg

i never understood jethro, never really wanted to. i like his 'hits'. but i hardly, if at all, listen to the music.

What is this "his hits" bullshit.

Lesson #1 - The name of the band is Jethro Tull.

Lesson #2 - The leader of the band is Ian Anderson.

Lesson #3 - If you want to talk greatest frontmen, let's say 1970 to 1979, I would take Ian OVER Robert Plant and Mick Jagger in a heartbeat. There I said it. For starters, Ian is a multi-instrumentalist - flute, saxaphone, acoustic guitar, mandolin, harmonica and claghorn. I'm missing a couple of the more obscure instruments. At least watch the two clips Claudia posted.

some guys buy/drive vettes, some carry a flute. he looks rediculous.

he's TOO cool for me *rolleyes*

Ian is partial to Porsches. He tells a story about trying to convince the tax auditors that having a Porsche listed as a farm vehicle for his salmon farm should be legitimate.

It is time for a new topic now - forget the last topic - it is not worth still thinking about it - it is over.

Why? When each of us signed up here we agreed to the Forum Guidelines, the #1 of which is:

Please SEARCH the board before posting and use existing thread for similar topics.

Several of us have politely mentioned why that is a rule for good reason only to be bitched out by fellow board members for even mentioning it. Or even worse, we were accused of "trying to run the board". Neither of things were our intentions at all. To me it's just common sense not to have multiple topics on the exact same subject. Not trying to start another shitstorm, I'm merely making a suggestion.

Yes, many people like them and I know there are a few threads on this forum already - but I wanted to change the topic on my site ;)

Last I checked this wasn't your site.

Why? When each of us signed up here we agreed to the Forum Guidelines, the #1 of which is:

Please SEARCH the board before posting and use existing thread for similar topics.

Several of us have politely mentioned why that is a rule for good reason only to be bitched out by fellow board members for even mentioning it. Or even worse, we were accused of "trying to run the board". Neither of things were our intentions at all. To me it's just common sense not to have multiple topics on the exact same subject. Not trying to start another shitstorm, I'm merely making a suggestion.

Last I checked this wasn't your site.

I've already PM'ed her explaining. Please keep in mind, her English (writing and comprehension) might not be as good as you (and others) may think. It appears great to most who can't speak a second language, but I suspect there are subtle things she might not pick up. I hope Claudia doesn't mind my assesment, but I've worked with a fair number of Europeans with different levels of English skills.

English is not my native language.

I am quite "new" here.

I did not have the time to read everything before I started to write anything here.

No matter your native language or how new you are it is always considered good messageboard etiquette to read several posts first before jumping in. That way you have a better understanding of the board itself first along with it's participants.

But here it is like on other boards too - some people feel more important and some people take everything very seriously - this is what I recognized now!

That is not at all the case here, it's only a matter of courtesy. It's the people who started this board that came up with the guidelines in regards to starting multiple threads on the same topic, not the board members themselves. And for good reason, that is the first rule listed under the guidelines. There's nothing rude or superior about that, however it comes across that way when one doesn't take the time to get a feel for the board first and believes those rules somehow don't apply to everyone.

Okay Jahfin,

bye bye! Hope you are satisfied now!

Where in my post did I ever say you had to leave? When you signed up here you agreed to follow by the forum guidelines just as all of us did, no matter our "native" language. Reading your posts you seem to have a pretty good grasp on English so I don't really see where there's a language barrier when it comes to understanding the common courtesy of not creating threads for topics that already exist.

Well, I met some nice people here in a short time (except ONE person I met at the end of december 2007... :angry: ) so I will stay.

Sorry that I don't have the time to read everything here and I don't know the "rules", but shouldn't this site be here for having fun? Everybody has to follow rules in normal life and at work, so I think we should not take it that serious if someone posts about a topic two times.

Some people post photos here for the third time and still a lot of NEW members are delighted about this because they did not see the photos in old threads.

No harm meant!

Nor did I mean any harm but you are no different than any other member here that agreed to the same rules. I honestly don't think it's too much to ask to be courteous towards fellow members by taking the time to look to see if a thread already exists for a topic before starting a totally new one for the same subject.

Some bands are worthy of two or more threads, Jethro Tull merits that inclusion.

I'm a Tull fan but they're no more worthy of multiple threads than any other artist.

I've seen alot of threads here in this "other bands" forum that aren't even worthy of a single mention.

I think any artist should be open for discussion here. If someone starts a thread for an artist or topic I'm not interested in the solution is pretty simple, I just don't post in that thread.

A suggestion: perhaps the mods can lock this thread or move the messages to the other JT thread and delete this one?

And Claudia, I've done the same thing (start threads w/o reading first) so don't get too upset about it. You'll get the hang of it. :)

I happen to be a bit more discriminatory in my views, and anyone can "throw paint on a canvas" or "pluck a guitar string" but that doesn't necessarily make them artists. So goes worthiness.

To each their own, I don't think there should be any restrictions about what artists and topics people can start threads for. For everyone that might not like a certain artist there's usually some that do and vice versa. Like I said, if someone starts a thread for an artist or topic that doesn't interest me I just don't post in that thread.

What is this "his hits" bullshit.

Lesson #1 - The name of the band is Jethro Tull.

Lesson #2 - The leader of the band is Ian Anderson.

Lesson #3 - If you want to talk greatest frontmen, let's say 1970 to 1979, I would take Ian OVER Robert Plant and Mick Jagger in a heartbeat. There I said it. For starters, Ian is a multi-instrumentalist - flute, saxaphone, acoustic guitar, mandolin, harmonica and claghorn. I'm missing a couple of the more obscure instruments. At least watch the two clips Claudia posted.

see how much i know about the band? not alot, and that's cool. i don't own a single song. well, 'thisk as a brick' i have, but that's all.

Archived