any mac fans around?

chasenblues

Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac was probably the best band of the British blues boom era, if you ask me. And I'm a huge fan of the British blues boom bands. Mac did magic together with producer Mike Vernon, no doubt about it.

I do love Bare Trees as well. Danny Kirwan was amazing.

The later pop edition of Fleetwood Mac is NOT my cup of tea.

Love 'em, Danny Kirwan is the unsung guitar god all time. I'm baffled more people don't realize his genius, as great as PG was it's often Danny's guitar lines that amaze me. That said I like everything until Bob Welch "departed", IMO everything after is icky pop fluff.

I prefer PC's over macs, but not Bob Welch over Peter Green.

SIBLY had to have been inspired by 'Got a mind to give up living'.

Where can I find a Mac version of 'Got A Mind to Give Up Living'? Just went through all my albums and can't see it on any I have..

I've heard a BB King version and a Paul Butterfield Blues Band version... Classic blues.

Where can I find a Mac version of 'Got A Mind to Give Up Living'? Just went through all my albums and can't see it on any I have..

I've heard a BB King version and a Paul Butterfield Blues Band version... Classic blues.

I think its a bootleg-only type thing unless its somewhere in those Live in Boston releases? Guess I was thinking about the Helsinki 69* gig when I typed that.

*pretty friggin essential for an early mac fan.

• 3 years later...

Good band. I like both periods of the band, but my favorite is blues-rock period with Peter Green. Peter Green has one of the best guitar sounds in my opinion along with Danny Kirwan. They were one of the leading and most important bands of British boom.

Archived