SHINE A LIGHT

Del Zeppnile

Funny how folks won't hesitate to knock the current state of the Stones yet they also wanna see this movie. Having seen a couple of their more recent tours, I have to say I find a great deal of the Stones bashing to be totally unwarranted. If they can still put out records and put on kickass shows like I saw, more power to them.

Funny how folks won't hesitate to knock the current state of the Stones yet they also wanna see this movie. Having seen a couple of their more recent tours, I have to say I find a great deal of the Stones bashing to be totally unwarranted. If they can still put out records and put on kickass shows like I saw, more power to them.

I hear you, man!

Sure, they're not in their 30's anymore, but they still kick some major asses and they still got the passion in their eyes and THAT is the most important thing.

:beer: To The Stones!

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...280/OPINION0337

Saw this last Friday. I thought it was great. I can understand why some people feel the Stones have become caricatures of themselves, but seeing them live is still amazing. Mick Jagger literally transforms himself on stage. You would swear he sheds about 20 years as the show goes on. There's some great scenes in this. Charlie exhausted and blowing fumes into the camera. Keith does a great job on "You Got the Silver". There's even a couple tense moments between Keith and Mick onstage, because as usual, Keith's f*cking around when he should be playing. I've seen The Stones 6 times over the years, and I took a restroom break during Keith's tunes.....lol, just like I did every time I saw them live.

Two complaints.....Didn't really like the set list of this show. I suppose after a dozen live albums and various movies thru the years, it becomes necessary to provide some variety. Hard to explain, but "As Tears Go By" is just kind of weird. It was probably the one moment during the movie that I got lost thinking of timelines....that these guys have been doing this since I was frickin' 4 years old. Don't have anything against her, but Christine Aguillara as a guest just doesn't work.

Best rock & roll movie ever ? In some ways yes....certainly a must-see for anyone of any age that's into rock.....especially if you never saw the band live. The format of this movie dials everything up a couple notches.

An Zep O2 show in this format ?..... :o

Sure, they're not in their 30's anymore, but they still kick some major asses and they still got the passion in their eyes and THAT is the most important thing.

I'll go see it and form my opinion but I'll be hoping for the integrity of the music and performance and not for the passion in their eyes. THAT is not the most important thing. The music is.

Passion is part of the support of performance.

By watching the trailer I think the sound is awesome, much better then I expected. But on the other hand, it's difficult to fail with a director as Scorscese. I will have to go watch it myself.

I'll go see it and form my opinion but I'll be hoping for the integrity of the music and performance and not for the passion in their eyes. THAT is not the most important thing. The music is.

Passion is part of the support of performance.

Well for me, passion is the most important thing, maybe not for you...

Music without passion is dull and mostly unattractive.

I don't like machines...

Well for me, passion is the most important thing, maybe not for you...

Music without passion is dull and mostly unattractive.

I don't like machines...

What's so hard to understand about my reply?

I included passion as an ingredient, but the music performance is what's most important to me. All the passion in the world with a lousy performance wouldn't justify satisfaction in me. Generally with a GOOD performance there is passion. There can also be lesser performances with it as well.

I never even implied machine. I believe I understand where you're coming from, tell me if I'm wrong.

Passion is most important to you, performance secondary.

Everything's clear about your reply but that is beside the point.

I misread your post, it's hard to catch the tone of a written sentence!

And you didn't implied machines, I did...

Whatever, my post wasn't meant as a "disrespect" to your post.

:beer: I just had one too many for diner!

Archived