What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

Just finished watching "La Grande Bellezza" (The Great Beauty), which won the Oscar for Best Foreign Language film. Sorrentino totally nails the way Rome is today. Though many critics say they see a lot of Fellini in the flick I'd say there was a lot of Kubrick influence as well.

Edited by DropDown

Just finished watching "La Grande Bellezza" (The Great Beauty), which won the Oscar for Best Foreign Language film. Sorrentino totally nails the way Rome is today. Though many critics say they see a lot of Fellini in the flick I'd say there was a lot of Kubrick influence as well.

I'd say mostly Antonioni's (thanks DropDown ;)) Fellini's "La Dolce Vita".

Anybody watching "True Detective", the new show starring Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey? Pretty good so far. I recommend it.

Edited by Strider

ebk, I read that they are signed up to do another season..... :)

True, but everything will be different next year. New story, new cast...although since it's the same writer, there is hope! I've heard that a bunch of A-list actors now want to be in on it since it is so wonderful this year.

I thought it still was going to be Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson. Oh well....

I think the only way they get that kind of talent is to make it a short stint. Can't wait for Sunday's show...

True, but everything will be different next year. New story, new cast...although since it's the same writer, there is hope! I've heard that a bunch of A-list actors now want to be in on it since it is so wonderful this year.

You're correct, ebk. Woody and McConaughey won't be back next season. Different cast and there will also be a different director for each episode, instead of one director doing the whole season.

Hostages is on shortly. It is utter far fetched drivel, but as I have been following the series I'll have to stick it out. If you're a follower you'll know what I mean.