What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

• 2 weeks later...

I've had Netflix for over a year and finally got around to watching "Stranger Things".  The 80's is my decade and love all the references to this period.  Also movies and shows like "E.T.", "Stand By Me", " "The Lost Boys," 'X Files" and "Twin Peaks" among them.  Great series and only 3 eps in!  Looking forward to seeing how the series evolves and this is just season 1.  Still have season 2 and season 3 coming up this October! :thumbsup:

Edited by SuperDave

On 3/1/2018 at 1:30 AM, kingzoso said:

I am re-watching "Homeland".  I just finished season one. This is a Great Show.  I recommend it to anyone who reads this post.  

I have not seen it but did see that its on my channel lineup.  What is it about? I am a big fan of Prison Break so that might tell you what I lie watching.  And River Monsters.  Love that show.  Love Smithsonian and National Geographic channels

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I have not seen it but did see that its on my channel lineup.  What is it about? I am a big fan of Prison Break so that might tell you what I lie watching.  And River Monsters.  Love that show.  Love Smithsonian and National Geographic channels

"Homeland" is about the CIA, Terrorism, spies, mental illness and a myriad of other National and Internationall issues.  Very well acted, intriguing plots and very well scripted.  If you (or anyone) is a fan of Claire Danes, you will like this series.  If you are not a fan of hers, you might be after you watch this show.  

On 3/2/2018 at 7:48 PM, kingzoso said:

"Homeland" is about the CIA, Terrorism, spies, mental illness and a myriad of other National and Internationall issues.  Very well acted, intriguing plots and very well scripted.  If you (or anyone) is a fan of Claire Danes, you will like this series.  If you are not a fan of hers, you might be after you watch this show.  

I do not know who she is by name.  My daughter is pregnant so I am going to beat the feared name of grandfather by late summer.  Claire is my vote for the girl's name.  Which means that will be the last name on Earth selected.  I will try to tape it.  Is it too late to watch if you miss the first episode?

17 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I do not know who she is by name.  My daughter is pregnant so I am going to beat the feared name of grandfather by late summer.  Claire is my vote for the girl's name.  Which means that will be the last name on Earth selected.  I will try to tape it.  Is it too late to watch if you miss the first episode?

In my opinion it is never too late to start watching a good show/series, however with "Homeland" a lot of things are set in motion that defines the first 3 seasons.  If you choose to start watching this show,  I would start from the premier episode.  This goes to everyone who reads this.  A very compelling drama that ranks up there with the Soprano and Breaking Bad.

Edited to add:  Congratulations to you, your wife  and your daughter. 

Edited by kingzoso

On 3/5/2018 at 2:04 AM, kingzoso said:

In my opinion it is never too late to start watching a good show/series, however with "Homeland" a lot of things are set in motion that defines the first 3 seasons.  If you choose to start watching this show,  I would start from the premier episode.  This goes to everyone who reads this.  A very compelling drama that ranks up there with the Soprano and Breaking Bad.

Edited to add:  Congratulations to you, your wife  and your daughter. 

Thanks King. Soon our new baseball season shall kick off.   My boys are swinging the lumber pretty good of late.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am currently watching the "X-Files".  I bought the complete series a few months ago and am now just getting into it.  Their is something very sexy when FBI Special Agent Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) draws her weapon.  It doesn't hurt that she is a very attractive woman (at least back then).