What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

Awesome 70's British comedy

Bless-This-House.jpg

B)

haha

they have been showing lots of those old british comedies here lately. take you back, don't they!

we just saw love thy neighbour, and we remarked how that show wouldn't get made ( or shown ) these days! but for all the nasty and derogatory marks that the white guy makes to his black neighbour, it is returned doubly to him, and it actually was trying to show the absurdity of racism.

• 2 weeks later...

129080196489111607.jpeg

Watched this last night via PBS' website. You can still watch the entire movie (along with lots of extra footage) here if you so desire. Even though I consider myself fairly well versed in this era of Lennon's life (particularly after the excellent U.S. vs. John Lennon) I found I still had a lot to learn after watching this spellbinding documentary (which aired as part of PBS' American Masters series). Even then, they couldn't possibly fit everything into what amounts to a very short two hours. Highly recommended to any fan of the Beatles/John Lennon. Sean's new band, The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger is playing here soon. Most of his solo material over the years hasn't really interested me that much but I may just have to go check him out.

Oprah with the cast from the Sound of Music :wub: One of my very favorite movies of all time! :)

Did you know that one of those kids (Nicholas Hammond) played Spider-Man in the 1970s t.v series? :o

Edited by Mangani

Did you know that one of those kids (Nicholas Hammond) played Spider-Man in the 1970s t.v series? :o

No, I did not know that, that's pretty neat! :) The Oprah show was a re-run, but I missed it the first time. Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer and all the actors playing the children were there.