What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

This was the first time I have seen this movie, I missed it at the Cinema and never got around to getting the DVD.

I really enjpyed it till the end when poor 'Old Dumbledore Dies', it has made me a bit tearful now... :(

But will still get the DVD though... :thumbsup:

I finally just saw the last film this week; I'm sorry the series is over.

Australia vs. India at The Sydney Cricket Ground.

Today is "Pink" day, supporting The Jane McGrath Breast Cancer Foundation.

Sachin Tendulker is playing and is going for his hundreth international century on what is the hundreth test match played at the ground.

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

Love this show!!!

Who doesn't love Rudolph. Hell, I have had two screenames from that show! Remember Yukon Cornelius? Charlieinthebox? I also love the Grinch (the cartoon version, not the Jim Carrey) and Scrooge (1951), Its a Wonderful Life, Miracoe on 34th street and the Polar Express.

A question for US TV/comedy experts:

The other night I was channel surfing, and I found two 'The Roasting Ofs'. One was Charlie Sheen, the other The Hoff. I quite enjoyed the format - there was some very risque stuff and extremely bad language, which surprised (and pleased) me, as I thought US TV was quite restrained when it comes to extreme language and jokes...anyway, on 'The Roasting Of David Hasselhoff', there was one particular comedian who who had me LOLing constantly, which is unusual for me. He made a couple of jokes about Pam Anderson's pussy (she was a fellow roaster, but I missed her performance). His delivery was all in screams/yelling, a bit like Sam Kinison (?), but not quite as hysterical. He had short-cropped hair, and a slightly Asian-looking babyface. But he was a blast, and I'd like to check out more of his stuff.

Any idea who he is, please? No idea how old these shows were, but I think they were quite recent cos someone referred to 'Winning' in Charlie's show. Thanks!

Didn't see the Roast you're talking about, but from your description it sounds like Gilbert Gottfried...could this be the guy you mean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZWQQByA6Vg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

These roasts are on Comedy Central, which is a pay cable channel, not network tv, which explains the raunchier language. It's the shows on standard network tv, ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, that have to watch their language or run afoul of the FCC.

The whole "roast" thing has been around for ages. The Friar's used to hold Roasts since early in the 20th century. Most of the great comics of the time were Friar Club members. Unfortunately the Friar's have fallen on hard times lately.

The first Roasts that I, and most people of my generation, saw and remember were the Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts of the 60s-70s. You can probably find clips on YouTube. Don't know if they've ever been released on DVD.

Edited by Strider

Top Of The Pops: The Story Of 1977.

This was a Big Year for me, cos of punk. But what did it end with? Mull Of Fucking Kintyre at Number One for 27 weeks.

Nihilism rules, M.E.H.?

GAA! What was it with you Brits and that fooking Mull of Kyntire song? Bloody barf-inducing dreck. Every week I would see the British charts and there it would STILL be at #1: Mull of Kyntire.

Thank god for the punks and their nihilism. I'll take Pretty Vacant over Mull of Kyntire anyday...in fact, Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols was, BAR NONE, my favourite album of 1977. Holiday in the Sun, Bodies, No Feelings, God Save the Queen, Pretty Vacant, E.M.I...that album SLAYED from start to finish.

I don't care if they only lasted one album...I don't care if eventually it was all a pose and a construct of Malcom Maclaren...at the time they SOUNDED like they meant it and in 1977 that was enough.

Anyway, I'm straying off-topic...this is the tv thread. Right now(9am), I am having breakfast and watching Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith give each other aneurysms over Tim Tebow on ESPN.