What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

The Toronto massacre of the Yankees :bravo:

lol glad you enjoyed it, Rick. I know what comes after early success as a Toronto fan, though...

I'm surprised at how well Wisconsin is playing. Very poised in such a big moment against mighty coach K's Blue Devils. Duke looks outmatched in just about every facet of the game right now and shocked about it.

It has been a rainy day which we needed to wash the pollen away so I took a break from gardening and I am only about a week away from being done with all the planting, so I pulled out a few DVD's of some of my favorite movies: My Dog Skip and Eight Below just to name a few. I never get tired tired of watching those movies. I really should figure out how to work with animals. I am sure it would bring me so much joy:-)

Eight Below about to start:-). I hope everyone has a great Friday!

It has been a rainy day which we needed to wash the pollen away so I took a break from gardening and I am only about a week away from being done with all the planting, so I pulled out a few DVD's of some of my favorite movies: My Dog Skip and Eight Below just to name a few. I never get tired tired of watching those movies. I really should figure out how to work with animals. I am sure it would bring me so much joy:-)

Eight Below about to start:-). I hope everyone has a great Friday!

Sounds like a great day! :) I own and love both of those movies. True confession: when Paul Walker passed away (R.I.P.), I heard everyone talking about the star of the Fast and Furious movies, but not having seen any of them, I assumed I didn't know the actor. My kids said, mom, you know him, he's the same actor from Eight Below. I was devastated and joined the grieving parties, feeling ashamed that I only knew him from that one movie. He is such a sweetheart in Eight Below.

Sounds like a great day! :) I own and love both of those movies. True confession: when Paul Walker passed away (R.I.P.), I heard everyone talking about the star of the Fast and Furious movies, but not having seen any of them, I assumed I didn't know the actor. My kids said, mom, you know him, he's the same actor from Eight Below. I was devastated and joined the grieving parties, feeling ashamed that I only knew him from that one movie. He is such a sweetheart in Eight Below.

Eight Below is my favorite movie Paul Walker did:-) I also watched another favorite one-Far From Home: The Adventures of Yellow Dog, and about an hour in when Angus is in his bedroom he has a Hendrix poster and a large Led Zeppelin poster on his wall. Always makes me smile:-) :)

Currently watching Outlander. Love that series!

^^^You know to whistle, don't you? My favourite Bogey-Bacall movie...followed closely by The Big Sleep and Dark Passage.

Watching Rush Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland on the Palladia channel. This was the tour where they played the entire "Moving Pictures" album.

Still question whether Neil Peart really needs all those drums. And what is up with the sausage making machine behind Geddy Lee? Haha. I am sure Rush expert PC can explain it to me.

I haven't seen a Rush concert since the 90s. But watching this, they still seem to have their chops. There's no sense of disappointment or a drop-off in performance that you get with the Rolling Stones, Van Halen or the Who.

Wow..."Witch Hunt" was great and it's the kind of deep cut that is more satisfying to hear in concert at this point than "Tom Sawyer" and "Spirit of the Radio".

Edited by Strider

Still question whether Neil Peart really needs all those drums. And what is up with the sausage making machine behind Geddy Lee? Haha. I am sure Rush expert PC can explain it to me.

There are things about Rush that even I can't explain--some of the stuff they have onstage for their tours, maybe I could chalk it up to their somewhat peculiar sense of humor, like the laundry machines they had onstage during the Vapor Trails tour; Alex's baby dolls and dinosaur toys he had onstage for Snakes and Arrows Live, not to mention the rotisserie chickens that were set up next to Neil's drums from that same tour--plus the guys in chicken costumes and gorilla suits that come onstage at various times....

Now that the Angels game is over, I am watching "King Kong", which I tivo'd yesterday on TCM for future viewing.

Kong...the Eighth Wonder of the World!

Note: Of course I am talking about the 1933 original. It's the only King Kong that matters.

I just turned the television off but I just watched,

Nova: Season 42, Episode 8 -- Emperor's Ghost Army

"Nova's examination or how thousands to terra cotta soldiers in Qin dynasty's terra cotta army were created digresses into reviews of Qin history and technology." IMDB

It was very interesting and I would recommend it to anyone interested in the subject or history buffs in general. It was very kid-friendly if you're needing something of that ilk. The coolest thing is that the crossbows are still in good working order!

Now that the Angels game is over, I am watching "King Kong", which I tivo'd yesterday on TCM for future viewing.

Kong...the Eighth Wonder of the World!

Note: Of course I am talking about the 1933 original. It's the only King Kong that matters.

I remember watching the 70's version as a kid and getting so upset when his heart slowed to an eventual stop. :(