What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

On Wednesday, February 03, 2016 at 6:42 PM, Ddladner said:

On a western roll.  Enjoying a very young and super bad Clint Eastwood.  Westerns have the best music!  :) 

image.thumb.jpeg.9329f7c4769fee873917570

Music by maestro Ennio Morricone. Did you watch the first two in the Leone-Eastwood Trilogy: A Fistful of Dollars and my personal fave, For A Few Dollars More?

On Wednesday, February 03, 2016 at 3:35 AM, chillumpuffer said:

South Africa v England. First Cricket ODI

Who won? Did Merry Olde come thru?

19 hours ago, Ocean73 said:

Night Court.The last of the good cheap comedy shows.

John Larroquette. ?

17 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

1941's  " The Sea Wolf "

2016-02-05-13-59-58-1.png

Might I suggest "The Sea Hawk" next, with the immortal Errol Flynn?

the-sea-hawk-poster-for-1940-warner-bros

Edited by Strider

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Music by maestro Ennio Morricone. Did you watch the first two in the Leone-Eastwood Trilogy: A Fistful of Dollars and my personal fave, For A Few Dollars More?

Who won? Did Merry Olde come thru?

John Larroquette. ?

Might I suggest "The Sea Hawk" next, with the immortal Errol Flynn?

the-sea-hawk-poster-for-1940-warner-bros

I'll check that out. ... Just got a tooth pulled, so I'm stuck at home all night.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

The theme song from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is what I think of when I think of westerns, and talk about the baddest walkout song! I love the different versions, especially the human voice one...wow!!  Bravo to Ennio!

The western movie mood has continued all week, adding Stagecoach, Once a Upon a Time in the West, and The Outlaw Josey Wales to the list.  It's been fun and relaxing, it's even been cold enough for a fire and chili. :) 

At least for now, I prefer the older westerns (from the 60's or earlier), and I will put the first two of the Dollar trilogy that you mention as next in line to watch.  

:guns:

There's great Morricone music in the first two films...some themes that I think are even better than the music in "The Good, the Bad & the Ugly". But it's practically splitting hairs...it's all great. 

Here are two great pieces from "Fistful of Dollars"...

This was the entrance music Mars Volta used at their concerts...

Edited by Strider

Some excellent music from "For A Few Dollars More", perhaps my personal fave of the trilogy. The chemistry between Clint and Lee Van Cleef is fun to watch and Gian Maria Volante is such an unhinged villain.

Edited by Strider

9 hours ago, Strider said:

Some excellent music from "For A Few Dollars More", perhaps my personal fave of the trilogy. The chemistry between Clint and Lee Van Cleef is fun to watch and Gian Maria Volante is such an unhinged villain.

Ok, I am in love with the Dollars trilogy!! :wub:

The music is brilliant and has as much to do with the appeal of the movie as do the great actors and directing.  I will watch more of the older classics, but I will be longing for Eastwood, Leone and Morricone. ❤️❤️❤️

I sure would love to see the trilogy on the big screen!

Edited by Ddladner