What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

22 hours ago, Strider said:

Not familiar with that. What channel is it on?

It's on TLC. It's about Kleinfeld's Bridal in NYC and brides' experiences finding their perfect wedding dress. There's also a Say Yes to the Dress/Atlanta. It's on every Friday night; it's a nice way to unwind :)  

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/say-yes-to-the-dress/

The first episode of the series "Vinyl"..................and yes, they have a scene with Led Zeppelin in it, and an angry Peter Grant who more or less has the same historic outburst that was in TSRTS. Must admit this film version of both Grant as well as Zep has a very cartoonish vibe to it.

2 hours ago, reswati said:

The first episode of the series "Vinyl"..................and yes, they have a scene with Led Zeppelin in it, and an angry Peter Grant who more or less has the same historic outburst that was in TSRTS. Must admit this film version of both Grant as well as Zep has a very cartoonish vibe to it.

Why am I not surprised? With Mick Jagger and Stones-brown noser Martin Scorsese at the helm, you knew Led Zeppelin would get short shrift. I didn't watch but everyone I know has said it was a joke, with errors abound and fake music.

Edited by Strider

9 minutes ago, Strider said:

Why am I not surprised? With Mick Jagger and Stones-brown noser Martin Scorsese at the helm, you knew Led Zeppelin would get short shrift. I didn't watch but everyone I know has said it was a joke, with errors abound and fake music.

Very true.

I just finished watching the last episode of the "Wire".  It took me about two months to watch all five seasons.  I thought that is was a really good and compelling show.  It was shot in and around the city of Baltimore, Maryland.  Not to incense or infuriate Baltimore city and its residents, but the show did portray the city as violent and bankrupt (among many other negatives). 

The cast was excellent.  Jimmy McNulty and Omar Little were my two favorite characters. 

https://youtu.be/UmtuRRhtGQw

Edited by kingzoso

Last night: The Great Escape- I figured if it is on Strider's Top 10, it must be great. It was! I have always liked prison escape stories, and this may be the most remarkable of them all.  Wow!

Today: The Buddy Holly Story.  So fascinating to see early reactions to rock 'n roll.  Can't count the number of times I listened to my mom's 45 of Peggy Sue. :)  My current craving is movies about musicians. 

Today has been a movie marathon.

Harold and Maude (can't get it out of my head) - picked up some details I missed earlier.

Rio Bravo - to satisfy more cravings for westerns. A star studded cast and a nice treat with singing cowboys Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson.