What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

3 minutes ago, Walter said:

Maryland vs ‘Cuse today! Let’s go Orange! 

Amen   I was on the local talk show last night, run by Bob Matthews, my handle is Buffalo Rick.  He said if Syracuse wins this game the ESPN number one crew will likely come to Syracuse next week vs Clemson.  But they will have to win in Maryland.

5 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Amen   I was on the local talk show last night, run by Bob Matthews, my handle is Buffalo Rick.  He said if Syracuse wins this game the ESPN number one crew will likely come to Syracuse next week vs Clemson.  But they will have to win in Maryland.

It’s on espn right now!

On 8/18/2019 at 10:55 AM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

I have officially begun my crazy binge watching stint of Downton Abbey, in anticipation of the movie! :D 

I can't wait!! 😀

I am struggling through the Americans. This is the hardest series to watch; I keep having to take breaks because I just can't take it 🙁 Friends keep telling me to hang in there because it's so great but I'm not getting it. I'm more than halfway through but not sure I will finish; these characters are horrible!

40 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

So much for SU being ranked

21 minutes ago, Walter said:

I had to turn it off!

Oh come on...  it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.  :D

Honestly, it's still too close for me to feel comfortable.  Because, you know, The Terps... 

Boy are these talk shows scripted.  How is it possible that Stephen A Smith and Max, his daily punching bag, can argue on every single topic day in and day out?  Its scripted of course. But well done. Just like Shannon and Skip Bayless, probably Walter's boy.  LOL.  Cowpoke, Jerry Jones grad, but I love what he says about Ramsey, the Jacksonville CB causing all the trade rumors.  He says he is the defensive version of OBJ>  True.  Blows up teams like Antonio

• 3 weeks later...

The latest shit show in Commiefornia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHQaMMl6l9g

Pacific Gas and Electric has shut off power to more than half a million customers in Northern California in the biggest planned shut off in the state’s history.

The utility said Wednesday it will gradually turn off electricity to nearly 800,000 customers to prevent its equipment from starting wildfires during hot, windy weather.

It says a second group of about 234,000 customers will lose power starting at noon.

The utility says it’s considering turning off power to another 42,000 customers in areas it serves near Southern California. It says it will determine a time and the specific locations later Wednesday.

https://www.apnews.com/a1816e7e270945979dfb0e0d65fb9722

Edited by cryingbluerain

On 10/9/2019 at 9:21 PM, cryingbluerain said:

The latest shit show in Commiefornia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHQaMMl6l9g

Pacific Gas and Electric has shut off power to more than half a million customers in Northern California in the biggest planned shut off in the state’s history.

The utility said Wednesday it will gradually turn off electricity to nearly 800,000 customers to prevent its equipment from starting wildfires during hot, windy weather.

It says a second group of about 234,000 customers will lose power starting at noon.

The utility says it’s considering turning off power to another 42,000 customers in areas it serves near Southern California. It says it will determine a time and the specific locations later Wednesday.

https://www.apnews.com/a1816e7e270945979dfb0e0d65fb9722

If it were Commiefornia there would not be a PG&E as that is a publicly traded corporation. Instead you would have California State G&E which would likely be smart enough to bury their damn lines...with slave labor of course but the job would get done!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here watch the Jack Ryan series on Amazon? Watched one episode and chucked it. The way they wrote the JR character is a complete 180 from what Clancy originally wrote and intended. Instead of a quiet, studious analyst we have Jack Bauer either talking shit to his superiors, or downright disobeying or ignoring orders. Oh yeah, that's the Jack Ryan Tom Clancy intended.

An absolutely horrible show.

The Boys on the other hand is great, a pretty original idea (not 100% but close) which turns the whole superhero genre on its head and present sat least a semi-believeable picture of how a person with extraordinary abilities would / could behave combined with the inevitable intrusion and control of such individuals by corporations for their own means. That and Carl Urban's character is both terrifying and hilarious.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Tiger King" on Netflix. We binge-watched this all in one sitting last week. Completely bonkers! Like a real-life "Trailer Park Boys"...but with lions and tigers and gay crackheads, oh my. We kept saying just one more episode and then we'll stop but it just kept getting weirder and weirder. Like a train wreck you could not look away. They all belong in jail...and Carole Baskin definitely killed her husband.