What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

On 3/31/2020 at 9:45 PM, Strider said:

"Tiger King" on Netflix. We binge-watched this all in one sitting last week. Completely bonkers! Like a real-life "Trailer Park Boys"...but with lions and tigers and gay crackheads, oh my. We kept saying just one more episode and then we'll stop but it just kept getting weirder and weirder. Like a train wreck you could not look away. They all belong in jail...and Carole Baskin definitely killed her husband.

My wife and I feel the exact same way. We had no intentions of watching, but several friends and coworkers suggested it. We were bored one night and watched the first episode and could not stop watching. Each episode gets crazier. 

21 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

I'm on the last season of "Peaky Blinders".....ARGHHH!  Great series and the only series I've ever watched where I HAD to have subtitles on to understand what the hell they were saying (I didn't even need those for "Narcos!")

Set in Birmingham - almost Robert's and Bonzo's home City. Never watched it personally but we tried to watch Uncut Gems on Netflix. Adam Sandler apparently, but we couldn't understand that either 

32 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Set in Birmingham - almost Robert's and Bonzo's home City. Never watched it personally but we tried to watch Uncut Gems on Netflix. Adam Sandler apparently, but we couldn't understand that either 

LMAO...yea, they even played a Black Sabbath song ("The Wizard") during one episode (another Birmingham product!).  I actually like to challenge myself and cover up the captions with my hand and just try to hear what they are saying...it doesn't work! VERY interesting that you find it so difficult to understand that strong New York accent!

10 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

LMAO...yea, they even played a Black Sabbath song ("The Wizard") during one episode (another Birmingham product!).  I actually like to challenge myself and cover up the captions with my hand and just try to hear what they are saying...it doesn't work! VERY interesting that you find it so difficult to understand that strong New York accent!

Ah the beauty of accents. As you know there are many accents, like all over I suppose, that are difficult and some that are just irritating. We have been watching Ozark. Love the series but that darn southern drawl, spoken by that Brother and Ruth and Wyatt Langmore - man what an awful accent that is. A bit like the West Country in the UK - sorry no offence to our friends down there.

I've been to Great Britain and Ireland many times and only had problem with the accent once.  An older guy on the train from Heathrow to London was ranting on and on and he sounded just like Ozzy.  Not sure if it was his age, the mumbling or the accent, but he talked for 15 minutes straight and I couldn't understand a single frickin' word he said.

My most irritating accent is the BAUSTON accent from our friends in Massachusetts.  As soon as they start talkng...I tune out!

6 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

I've been to Great Britain and Ireland many times and only had problem with the accent once.  An older guy on the train from Heathrow to London was ranting on and on and he sounded just like Ozzy.  Not sure if it was his age, the mumbling or the accent, but he talked for 15 minutes straight and I couldn't understand a single frickin' word he said.

My most irritating accent is the BAUSTON accent from our friends in Massachusetts.  As soon as they start talkng...I tune out!

The Scots were the ones who drove me nuts on my visits to the UK....and to a lesser extent, the Welsh. The Londoners and Cockneys, the Midlands and the Black Country, the Irish...I had no problem. But the damn Scots and Welsh, whoa.

Rewatched all of "Sharp Objects"...best use of Led Zeppelin music since "Almost Famous". Finished the new season of "Curb Your Enthusiasm". Now what...thinking about starting "Chernobyl". Is that worth my while?

35 minutes ago, Strider said:

Rewatched all of "Sharp Objects"...best use of Led Zeppelin music since "Almost Famous". Finished the new season of "Curb Your Enthusiasm". Now what...thinking about starting "Chernobyl". Is that worth my while?

I  heard good things about it and gave it shot...SOOOO glad I did!  It is definitely worth the time and it's a shame it didn't win more Emmys! 

On 4/6/2020 at 4:24 PM, Strider said:

Yup. It’s worth it.

On 4/6/2020 at 2:01 PM, Stryder1978 said:

I  heard good things about it and gave it shot...SOOOO glad I did!  It is definitely worth the time and it's a shame it didn't win more Emmys! 

44 minutes ago, Walter said:

Yup. It’s worth it.

👍

2 hours ago, Strider said:

👍

I don’t know if you saw but Chernobyl is acting up again...through the burning trees around the site - 16 x’s the amount of “normal” radiation levels being released in the air. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 6:41 PM, Strider said:

Okay. It's Wednesday night...in 1967. What are you watching? Here are ABC's, CBS's, and NBC's primetime schedule for Wednesday nights in 1967.

No one wants to play, eh? Well, I can say that CBS was the winner in our house. Definitely was watching "Lost in Space", then "Beverly Hillbillies", then off to bed after hearing the "Green Acres" theme song.