What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

Unsolved Mysteries came back on, the show that was once hosted by Mr Stack who passed away in 2003.   Anyway, some very good episodes.  The most gripping is the 9 year old Nantes, France mystery of Xavier Dupont de Ligonnes.  Horrifying story as his wife and 5 children were finally found on police 6th visit to the home.  So incredibly detailed was his coverup, not a single drop of blood was found in the house.  He has put them to sleep with pills, even killing his two black labs, all with two bullets to the head, 22 caliber with a rifle he has recently purchased with a silencer.   He leaves a deliberate credit card trail, is on camera at an ATM, taking only 30 euro, and then after discarding of his car at the hotel  to the South of France, walks into the woods never to be seen again with a rifle. Dogs and police searched the hills and woods for a month.  No sign of him.  This is worth a watch.  You will need to watch the caption at the bottom of the screen unless you can speak French.  I would like any opinions?

OH.  its on Netflix.  Not sure if its on other channels?  Likely.  I am streaming now.  The French neighbor does a magnificant job of narrating this along with a friend and a cop or two.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

• 2 weeks later...

Watching a lot of You Tube stuff.......Jim Gaffigan........Mobsters.............WW2 Veteran Stories........Appalachia........Lost History..........and whatever else pops up. (Hate the ads though).

Great Performances - Porgy and Bess (The Met version).  It's stunning.

Later today, or later this week (but before Thursday), we'll watch Amadeus streamed by National Theatre Live on YouTube..  I watched some of it a few days ago an it's also stunning. 

7 hours ago, ebk said:

Later today, or later this week (but before Thursday), we'll watch Amadeus streamed by National Theatre Live on YouTube..  I watched some of it a few days ago an it's also stunning. 

Watching that right now!

I just got the free month of Prime.  Doubt I will keep it though.  Ill see if the deliveries are free.  They do have Showtime, HBO and the big pay channels.  All for $12 a month.  The world of streaming has put an end to the monopoly that Time Warner, Comcast and DirectTV had on television. Now I wish I cold get Green Light here.  This small company giving them a run for their money on high speed wi fi.  

Google Earth is surely something.  This one guy thinks he has found MH370, the flight crashed into the southern Indian Ocean by a rogue pilot gone mad.  6 years ago.  They are certain now its at 34"E and 93' S.  About 3 miles deep.  

12 minutes ago, anniemouse said:

I loved it Robert wondering around the farm was cool. Aslo hearing the stories about Black Sabbath, Rush, Hawkwind, Queen, Iggy Pop and Bowie were amazing.

Watch it if you can

It was a fantastic watch. Loved the Lemmy story: " Hi I'm Lemmy, where can I stash my drugs?" The only bit that we couldn't stand was that halfwit Gallagher. Please can you construct a sentence without using the F word?  Why couldn't The Stone Roses chip in? I mean they stayed there 13 months !! 

On 7/4/2020 at 12:41 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Unsolved Mysteries came back on, the show that was once hosted by Mr Stack who passed away in 2003.   Anyway, some very good episodes.  The most gripping is the 9 year old Nantes, France mystery of Xavier Dupont de Ligonnes.  Horrifying story as his wife and 5 children were finally found on police 6th visit to the home.  So incredibly detailed was his coverup, not a single drop of blood was found in the house.  He has put them to sleep with pills, even killing his two black labs, all with two bullets to the head, 22 caliber with a rifle he has recently purchased with a silencer.   He leaves a deliberate credit card trail, is on camera at an ATM, taking only 30 euro, and then after discarding of his car at the hotel  to the South of France, walks into the woods never to be seen again with a rifle. Dogs and police searched the hills and woods for a month.  No sign of him.  This is worth a watch.  You will need to watch the caption at the bottom of the screen unless you can speak French.  I would like any opinions?

OH.  its on Netflix.  Not sure if its on other channels?  Likely.  I am streaming now.  The French neighbor does a magnificant job of narrating this along with a friend and a cop or two.

I watched a couple of episodes from that so called "Mysteries" series, hated it, what a complete waste of time. Don't ask me which episodes because I've forgotten already.

On 7/22/2020 at 4:35 AM, chillumpuffer said:

I highly recommend this documentary from the BBC. It's a classic watch to see how a studio developed. Also includes a typical Robert Plant dig at his Zeppelin stint. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000l3vn/rockfield-the-studio-on-the-farm

I'm going to check this out I love watching stuff like this.

On 7/22/2020 at 4:35 AM, chillumpuffer said:

I highly recommend this documentary from the BBC. It's a classic watch to see how a studio developed. Also includes a typical Robert Plant dig at his Zeppelin stint. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000l3vn/rockfield-the-studio-on-the-farm

Do I need to register to the site, or is this a channel I can just watch? It says available for 25 days.

Update:

It says you can only watch it if you live in the UK, I guess I can't watch it.

Edited by RainbowElf

Rockfield: The Studio on the Farm ||`FulL`MoViE-`HD

Hope that helps Rainbowelf.

The Stone Roses were an incredibley talented but deeply unstable band. Struggled with the writing/recording process, with each other and the labels.

The story of the keyboard player of the Charletons was heartbreaking.

Ozzy Robert and Dave from Hawkwind were amazing. The family who set the studio up seemed incredibly excentric but lovable.

Edited by anniemouse

30 minutes ago, anniemouse said:

Rockfield: The Studio on the Farm ||`FulL`MoViE-`HD

Hope that helps Rainbowelf.

The Stone Roses were an incredibley talented but deeply unstable band. Struggled with the writing/recording process, with each other and the labels.

The story of the keyboard player of the Charletons was heartbreaking.

Ozzy Robert and Dave from Hawkwind were amazing. The family who set the studio up seemed incredibly excentric but lovable.

Sure were. We got to see them at Spike Island. Great day and the tickets were free as I was a postman in the day and I delivered to the promoters house