What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

The Blues Brothers on AMC.  Elwood and Jake were so high on Cocaine throughout the whole movie.  That explains why they wore the dark sunglasses.

Illinois Nazis.  I hate Illinois Nazis.  

That shit is funny as Fuck (at least to Me).

Joe Walsh was in the movie at the end.

Edited by kingzoso

On 8/2/2020 at 5:59 AM, JTM said:

I don't think it's strange at all, guy murders his family, hides the bodies, makes it look as though they all went away and then goes on the run. His motive, well he was clearly a fraud, (seemingly so was his father) been living a lie for years, living above his means. When it all finally came crashing down he probably had some kind of mental breakdown, in desperation murdered his family, he couldn't take the shame. People do strange things when they are mentally ill. As for the thumb down, that's the Netflix rating system, I didn't like what I saw of the series so I gave it thumb down, if they still had their previous star rating I would have given it three stars out of five, neither liked  or disliked it.

I hear ya.  Don't get me wrong, nothing to like about this horrible tragedy.  I just liked the way the coverage was done being it was all in French.  This case  is  a monster in France.  

8 hours ago, kingzoso said:

The Blues Brothers on AMC.  Elwood and Jake were so high on Cocaine throughout the whole movie.  That explains why they wore the dark sunglasses.

Illinois Nazis.  I hate Illinois Nazis.  

That shit is funny as Fuck (at least to Me).

Joe Walsh was in the movie at the end.

One of my favorite movies King. Start to finish, the movie is golden.

• 5 weeks later...

Binge-watching "Stingray"! The classic 1960s ITV British kid's show. Just discovered my Prime Video streaming had a bunch of old ITV shows for free. Filmed in SUPERMARIONATION!

Barry Gray's theme for "Stingray" is an all-time winner!

On 8/3/2020 at 9:07 PM, PeaceFrogYum said:

One of my favorite movies [The Blues Brothers] King. Start to finish, the movie is golden.

Great film with an interesting history. 

After the huge success of "Animal House" with John Belushi, Dan Akroyd wanted to make a film about two brothers who were blues players. Akroyd was always a fan of Chicago electric blues so he sets out to do a film but really doesn't have any idea how to write a screenplay.  Meanwhile Universal Pictures and Paramount Pictures get into a bidding war to get rights to the film Akroyd is pitching; Universal wins, and they expect the film can be make for maybe 10-12 million dollars.... LOL. John Landis (the director) was able to come in and take Akroyd's notes and character descriptions (not really a traditional screenplay) and render it down to a very well structured screenplay, with lots of comedy around the string of great musical performances.

Film ends up costing nearly 30 million to make, not just due to all the cars being destroyed, but they really went after and got the best musical talent they could find to do this film. The film ended up grossing about 100 million in sales, a larger amount internationally than most Hollywood films in fact.

Interesting fact:  The owner of the large Mann's theater chain passed on having the film play in many White neighborhoods--- especially in Los Angeles. He claimed that no White  audiences would ever be interested in seeing older Black musicians and singers in a film.  How wrong can some of these asshole business people be???? LOL.  Blues Brothers captured on film some of the GREATEST Black Blues and Soul artists still living at the time. The film was single handy responsible for turning on an entire new generation to Chicago Electric Blues.

Edited by kipper