What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

52 minutes ago, JTM said:

Enjoying Lovecraft Country.

Yes, great show but I felt a bit "uneasy" seeing Chalky White bugger that Puerto Rican dude and hanging out at underground gay bars. Not that there is anything wrong with that, hey, 31 flavors right? But Chalky White? That would be like finding out Clint Eastwood dresses up in drag at home while singing I Feel Pretty in front of a mirror ala Buffalo Bill.

Edited by Mr.Bones

8 hours ago, Mr.Bones said:

Yes, great show but I felt a bit "uneasy" seeing Chalky White bugger that Puerto Rican dude and hanging out at underground gay bars. Not that there is anything wrong with that, hey, 31 flavors right? But Chalky White? That would be like finding out Clint Eastwood dresses up in drag at home while singing I Feel Pretty in front of a mirror ala Buffalo Bill.

Yeah, me too, was not expecting that, the metamorphosis scenes too left me a little queasy. [and] That heel scene, ouch.

Edited by JTM

Finishing up Season 4. The last season that was filmed in black & white. The infamous "A Touch of Brimstone" episode was in this batch. ..never shown in the U.S. because of the Hellfire Club scenes and Diana Rigg's "Queen of Sin" costume. Deemed too risqué for U. S. television.

avengers-66-set-2-vol-3-4-cover-art_1.jpg.9bd033c417f36901b9d3e372bb1fe106.jpgavengers-66-set-2-vol-4-cover-art_1.jpg.1d1eadce4eb7921fa755bedd3c1b2417.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The wife is really into House of Lies on Showtime but I just can't stand it. Has a great cast (who does not like Do Cheadle?) but almost every character is a complete piece of shit including Cheadle. I am sure there is going to be some "redemptive arc" within a season or two but watching non-stop extreme narcissistic behaviors and everyone acting as if they were in the mean girls / bully boys club. Forget it.

11 minutes ago, Mr.Bones said:

The wife is really into House of Lies on Showtime but I just can't stand it. Has a great cast (who does not like Do Cheadle?) but almost every character is a complete piece of shit including Cheadle. I am sure there is going to be some "redemptive arc" within a season or two but watching non-stop extreme narcissistic behaviors and everyone acting as if they were in the mean girls / bully boys club. Forget it.

Is that still on?  We watch a season or two, but just lost interest.  Even though I totally love Don Cheadle.  

On 11/4/2020 at 9:53 PM, Strider said:

Does or did anyone watch HBO's "Silicon Valley"? I'm thinking of giving it a try. I recognize some people from "Freaks and Geeks" and "In the Loop" that I like.

Loved that show! 

7 hours ago, Mr.Bones said:

Bingo.