What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

4 hours ago, DahveyJones said:

We did as well.  Except for the UFC and a few PBC matches, can't say I really miss it. Stream a few odds n ends; Prime, etc.,.

Getting ready to watch evil Professor Pericles perch n poop. Should have never cancelled that one.

I just watch You Tube and dvd's. That's plenty for me rather than wasting $100+ a month.

On 1/7/2021 at 12:51 AM, redrum said:

I just watch You Tube and dvd's. That's plenty for me rather than wasting $100+ a month.

I switched to 100% streaming last year, then signed up for Youtube TV.

$65 per month. 

I just "cut the cord" on Friday.  I called Direct TV after my monthly bill doubled from the previous month.  In the past when this happened you call them, threaten to leave, they negotiate trying to give you free HBO for a couple months, then finally reduce the bill to below what you were previously paying after arguing with them and being on hold for 45 minutes.  This time when I called, they didn't even try!  After telling them I wanted to cancel services, the Rep told me I needed to turn in my equipment by such and such a time and that my current billing cycle and service would end on Jan 25th.  He asked if there was anything else.  I told him "In the past you guys at least tried to give me a discount."  He said "Well my screen shows you aren't eligible for any loyalty awards." I lost it at that point and told him besides being a loyal customer for 13 years, I've had to put up with shitty product, losing the signal every time a snow could or thunderstorm rolled overhead and dealing with non-caring, ignorant customer services people.  He hung up on me!

I have an unlocked Amazon FireCube, which gets me access to almost everything I want, but I can't get local channels on it (I need local channels for weather info since I commute by bicycle to work).  There was an old antenna in the attic when I bought my house, had it hooked up to the TV and BOOM I got 44 free channels including all 4 major local Denver channels.  Even more amazing, the reception for those local channels is better than what I was getting from cable!

I should have cut the cord YEARS ago!  

2 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

I just "cut the cord" on Friday.  I called Direct TV after my monthly bill doubled from the previous month.  In the past when this happened you call them, threaten to leave, they negotiate trying to give you free HBO for a couple months, then finally reduce the bill to below what you were previously paying after arguing with them and being on hold for 45 minutes.  This time when I called, they didn't even try!  After telling them I wanted to cancel services, the Rep told me I needed to turn in my equipment by such and such a time and that my current billing cycle and service would end on Jan 25th.  He asked if there was anything else.  I told him "In the past you guys at least tried to give me a discount."  He said "Well my screen shows you aren't eligible for any loyalty awards." I lost it at that point and told him besides being a loyal customer for 13 years, I've had to put up with shitty product, losing the signal every time a snow could or thunderstorm rolled overhead and dealing with non-caring, ignorant customer services people.  He hung up on me!

I have an unlocked Amazon FireCube, which gets me access to almost everything I want, but I can't get local channels on it (I need local channels for weather info since I commute by bicycle to work).  There was an old antenna in the attic when I bought my house, had it hooked up to the TV and BOOM I got 44 free channels including all 4 major local Denver channels.  Even more amazing, the reception for those local channels is better than what I was getting from cable!

I should have cut the cord YEARS ago!  

Good for you! I cut the cord back in 2012 and never looked back. First I used Roku and an antenna for local stations. Now I have a smart TV so no need for Roku. Total bill for streaming is $50 and that includes Hulu (no commercials) + HBO & Showtime, and Netflix. I also have Amazon Prime but as that includes the store and shipping I don't include that but if I did it would break down to another $5 a month. So $55 a month total compared to over $200 with DirectTV back in 2012 and I have more stuff now than on cable. 

Cable companies can suck my....

• 4 weeks later...

MeTv is now airing old school WB looney tunes, merrie melodies, Popeye, MGM: Tom & Jerry , droopy cartoons in the mornings ). Now, they just need to bring back WKRP in Cincinnati. 
Pluto tv airs Three’s Company and Too Close For Comfort. 

R😎

On 2/12/2021 at 7:36 AM, reids said:

MeTv is now airing old school WB looney tunes, merrie melodies, Popeye, MGM: Tom & Jerry , droopy cartoons in the mornings ). Now, they just need to bring back WKRP in Cincinnati. 
Pluto tv airs Three’s Company and Too Close For Comfort. 

R😎

Too Close for Comfort was a great show, Ted Knight, what more is there to say? The woman who played Jackie (Deborah Van Valkenburgh), oh baby, did I have a crush on her!  She played a whore in The Devil's Rejects, talk about a surprise but she did one hell of a job with the screen time she had.

"Disappearance at the Cecil Hotel" on Netflix. As soon as I saw the elevator scene I knew right away that "Elisa Lam" was having a Psychotic Episode from the way she was behaving. Couldn't believe the theories some were having on her strange movements.  That poor girl was probably only trying to hide. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 3:49 AM, JTM said:

"Disappearance at the Cecil Hotel" on Netflix. As soon as I saw the elevator scene I knew right away that "Elisa Lam" was having a Psychotic Episode from the way she was behaving. Couldn't believe the theories some were having on her strange movements.  That poor girl was probably only trying to hide. 

Yep, pretty strange. I think the big question is how did she get into a locked water tank? I don't think they could guarantee 100% it was locked up it was supposed to be locked. When they found her the lid was obviously unlocked. The whole thing is weird but explainable especially as she had been suffering from psychological issues prior. Very sad.

On 2/22/2021 at 7:06 AM, Stryder1978 said:

"The Boys" on Amazon is quickly climbing into my Top Ten TV shows of all time!  Only two seasons of it so far, but it is fantastic!  A whole different spin on the "comic book" movies trope.....

Smokin' hot Nazi superhero, what's not to love. Best show about the genre I have ever seen. Homelander is the very personification of corrupted power.