What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

7 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Finished "The Wire" over the weekend...disappointing final episode.  I'm now binging "Deadwood"..... 

Just beware of those loathsome cocksuckers at The Gem. A scurrilous lot they are, neither to be trusted nor ignored.

On 5/10/2021 at 3:53 PM, Stryder1978 said:

LMAO...well said!

Not related but I just watched a movie  called "Galveston".  Good but Sad movie.  I i was born on Galveston Island and I  am so proud of that.  Out of about  400 million Americans, how many can say that they were born onan Island?  Most Americans were born in the American land mass.  I am proud that I was born in Galveston Island, Texas in 1970

2 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Not related but I just watched a movie  called "Galveston".  Good but Sad movie.  I i was born on Galveston Island and I  am so proud of that.  Out of about  400 million Americans, how many can say that they were born onan Island?  Most Americans were born in the American land mass.  I am proud that I was born in Galveston Island, Texas in 1970

Visited there many times when I was going to grad school at A&M.  That place really gets slammed when the hurricanes roll through!

6 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

Visited there many times when I was going to grad school at A&M.  That place really gets slammed when the hurricanes roll through!

Yes.  That is true.  I was in the middle of a hurricane anout 20 years ago (?) And when Hurricane Ike hit Galveston, My Grandma's houe got flooded with over 15 feet of water.  I wasn't there at the time.  It took a lot of relatives to fix up the house.  My Dad and My Uncle actually made it on the front of a large Tide Bottle.  He still has it. 

R.I.P. Charles Grodin. Besides the movies "Heaven Can Wait", "The Heartbreak Kid", and "Midnight Run", Charles Grodin was a wonderful foil on the late-night talk shows, being grouchy with the likes of Johnny Carson and David Letterman.

I read David Hepworth's book "NEVER A DULL MOMENT: 1971 - The Year That Rock Exploded" back when it came out in 2016.

911em2WCQKL.thumb.jpg.3884a885fa6bbf299df6ba04b66cf7a3.jpg

I mention it now because it seems they have made a music documentary from the book and it is being shown on Apple TV. I don't have Apple TV but maybe some of you do, and you can watch and let me know how much coverage they give to Led Zeppelin IV.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/apple-tv-1971/https://ultimateclassicrock.com/apple-tv-1971/

10 hours ago, Strider said:

I read David Hepworth's book "NEVER A DULL MOMENT: 1971 - The Year That Rock Exploded" back when it came out in 2016.

911em2WCQKL.thumb.jpg.3884a885fa6bbf299df6ba04b66cf7a3.jpg

I mention it now because it seems they have made a music documentary from the book and it is being shown on Apple TV. I don't have Apple TV but maybe some of you do, and you can watch and let me know how much coverage they give to Led Zeppelin IV.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/apple-tv-1971/https://ultimateclassicrock.com/apple-tv-1971/

I have that book, must get around to reading it sometime, bought it when it came out. I'm shocked that it has sat on my shelf for over five years unread. 

11 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Homeland is one of the greatest shows of all-time.  And yes, Claire Danes is fantastic.  

What season and episode are you on?

Season 3 Episode 1. I think. The aftermath of the bombing at funeral. Mrs CP is the controller

It is the most fantastic series we have ever watched. Fast paced, wonderfully written and the acting is top draw. We are watching 2 or 3 episodes an evening. 

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Season 3 Episode 1. I think. The aftermath of the bombing at funeral. Mrs CP is the controller

It is the most fantastic series we have ever watched. Fast paced, wonderfully written and the acting is top draw. We are watching 2 or 3 episodes an evening. 

Excellent series, if you think what you have watched so far is good wait until you get to series five, six and seven.  Rupert French as Peter Quinn is outstanding in his role, amazing storyline.

10 hours ago, JTM said:

Excellent series, if you think what you have watched so far is good wait until you get to series five, six and seven.  Rupert French as Peter Quinn is outstanding in his role, amazing storyline.

Yes.  I loved  Quinn.

Just finished watching "Kelly's Heroes"...R.I.P. Gavin Macleod. Now I am watching "The Green Berets" on TCM. Thank god I don't have to worry about Queen Latifa or Angelina Jolie showing up as a soldier.